The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

And every single one of them would end up sleep.
You not gonna just stand and box a world class boxer. Especially with Khan's skills.
jose would destroy this guy's legs, dom would dance around him and did you see what dj did to his last opponent?

all standing

Last edited:
This is just gonna devolve into a boxing vs mma striking argument that neither of yall can really prove.

Having said that, DJ is a ****** compared to Khan, you're wild for even using his name as an example here :lol:

Last edited:
Man, all of these PED violations are depressing. The contaminated supplements argument has fallen of the cliff thanks to these high profile athletes getting caught.

I get that "everyone" does it. But it's clearly a disregard for their opponent and their safety. Still remember TRTVitor with that spin kick.

yeah, i was checking wand's twitter/instagram to see if mentioned anything about cyborg and come to find out that he and cro cop are going to be fighting in japan

kinda disappointed cause you know they're going to be juiced
tired.gif

Last edited:
Wow I've been on NT and watching MMA for damn near 10 years, how did I not know there was a thread ?! :lol:

I might not post too much but I'll def be lurking in here!

Does anyone like to bet on the fights? :nerd:

Last edited:

yeah, i was checking wand's twitter/instagram to see if mentioned anything about cyborg and come to find out that he and cro cop are going to be fighting in japan

kinda disappointed cause you know they're going to be juiced
tired.gif

why? wanderlei been juiced the **** up since way back and mirko being on that **** wouldn't be a surprise either
laugh.gif

Last edited:

kinda disappointed cause you know they're going to be juiced |I  

Yeah, they're in that rizin open weight tournament. I think they have first round byes though. Kinda stupid to have a tournament if you're giving more than 2 guys byes. They trying to get quinton jackson too.

So how far back do y'all suppose the doping has been a problem?

From the beginning? Late 90s? Early 00s? Mid 00s? Late 00s?

why? wanderlei been juiced the **** up since way back and mirko being on that **** wouldn't be a surprise either
laugh.gif

i get what you're saying but once you've seen them fight competitively (without 'failing' a test), it's disappointing to pretty much know they're going to fight that way

I was wondering if a Pride like org could take a run at the UFC right now.

If the UFC is going to be hampered by USADA testing (imagine what 200 would have been if Brock had gotten popped before it along with Jones), maybe an organization overseas can attract some big talent with the lure that they can basically take whatever they want and still fight.

Seriously, that mentality is completely ridiculous

It's like having a boxer fight Thai in Thailand and being like "no one wants to stand with him because he comes from the world of boxing, he'll put everyone to sleep"

Eeeeeh. That's not quite the same.

Khan is in an elite class. Olympic silver medalist. Yea, he gets licked sometimes against other accomplished boxers (especially if they're much heavier i.e. Canelo, though a few other got him good :lol:).

But striking in MMA is not on that level IMO. Both the boxing and the Muay Thai. Again, just my opinion.

With that said, we all should know by now that this conversation is going nowhere.

Even when a boxer faces an MMA fighter, be it Toney vs. Couture, or Mercer vs. Silvia on the opposite spectrum, we still don't have an answer.

Last edited:
So when I was questioning whether or not Floyd could hang with Conor in a kickboxing match and everyone laughed saying Conor would fleece him.. What changed since then lol

Hunt and overeem were k-1 champions and both have been put to sleep a few times in mma fights. I don't follow kickboxing so I dunno if they were elite.

Got my first submission in class last night. Dude went for a takedown and left his neck wide open. Went for the guillotine immediately but had trouble finishing. Pretty sure he tapped because he just didnt want to be there anymore, not that I was choking him out 
laugh.gif

Hunt and overeem were k-1 champions and both have been put to sleep a few times in mma fights. I don't follow kickboxing so I dunno if they were elite.

Heavyweight leaves a lot more wiggle room to be considered as elite. Most guys are significantly less skilled than the lighter weight classes. But with size comes better odds to have a punchers chance, even more so if your head is a cement block.

So how far back do y'all suppose the doping has been a problem?

From the beginning? Late 90s? Early 00s? Mid 00s? Late 00s?

Well so Ken Shamrock was in UFC 1 in 1993...and was jacked...

meanwhile, mlb players were getting jacked at that time

...so there you go...

Speaking of Wanderlei Silva and Cro Cop.  My boy was telling me he thinks those 2 along with Prime Kevin Randleman would've been able to give Jon Jones problems if not beat him.  Me personally I think only prime Cro Cop may be able to beat Jones and not that likely Wanderlei or Randleman

Back
Top Bottom