The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think it was mid-May when he posted about a surgery. Definitely a factor in this fight, plus I'm not sure what's going on in his head nowadays.

son.. was i the only one that thought RDA looked off? like my dude's heart wasn't even into it?... Eddie did his thing though :smokin... almost thought RDA was gonna weather that round. Dude really stayed on his feet though.. incredible

RDA looked a lot smaller last night :nerd:

He didn't look off or small, he just got caught. Eddie's boxing is pretty damn solid by MMA standards, plus he can crack. He caught RDA with the right punch at the right time and that was the beginning of the end, nothing more to it.

I just knew RDA pressure would bring out the Bellator Eddie Alvarez... great exchanges the entire round

SMH. If alvarez has the belt now that means my dude Chandler could've had it too. That is if he'd be able to avoid will brooks on the way to the belt.

Cupcake/Nunes is getting too billing now at UFC 200. Maybe Hacist Honda is in town :nerd:

She can be in town all she wants, she's a punk.

Joe rogan said it best. She had this "do nothing *****" attitude. She loses one fight and has suicidal thoughts :smh: forever a bum

Would be a really stupid reason to make that the main event. No one wants to see that fat piece of ish. I'd ask for a refund if her fat self shows up on my screen.

will brooks should curse her out for her fake suicide story.

Does the ufc know Edgar and aldo exist? How are they not the main event now? Two all time great fighters getting disrespecked like that.

Last edited:
How is the interim 5 round title fight the second fight of the main card? They stay messing up lmao. Anderson vs DC is 3 rounds. Brock vs hunt is 3 rounds

Rda didn't look off or small. He was winning the fight before he got caught with a brilliant punch. Rda actually had his hand up to defend and still the punch looped and connected

Last edited:
Damn, didn't think he would win, but good for Eddie, he been in the game forever

I remeber when I wanted UFC to do a Grand Prix with Shinya Aoki, Eddie Alvarez, Gilbert Malendez, and whoever had the belt between BJ/Edgar

I remember that time. I wanted an Alvarez/Edgar fight as well just because the boxing in that fight would have been :smokin

Thompson was a player too with the wars he had with Gil.

I didn't think RDA was winning before he got caught. Looked fairly even to me. Nice leg kicks from both sides. Solid punches from both.

Eddie looked good on his feet out the gate. Moved well. I thought he'd be trouble for RDA. Can't say I though he'd win, though I did want him to.

That's the beauty of this sport. You never know.

Also kind of cool seeing Eddie with the belt after the trajectory of his career. Similar to RDA. Loooooong roads to that gold. Well deserved.

eddie has power in his hands so I thought that give him a small chance to win. Both were landing good strikes but he just connected with the best one. I thought eddie was going to connect with that flying knee and destroy rda.

When I saw that flying knee I was like "NOOOOOOOOO". I thought he was about to throw it all away with that **** :lol:

Another thing that still gets me from GREAT strikers is the lack of body work. Eddie had him on the ropes. RDA covering. And he didn't light up the body. Just kept head hunting.

Even if he doesn't KO him, that pays off down the line. Especially when he's rocked and the shots are wide open.

I remember when Nick Diaz folded Frank Shamrock with a body shot when he had him hurt. Fighters really need to do that more often.

Last edited:
I loved prime Gomi with the liver and body punches. They were so brutal. I have an old Pride Lightweight GP dvd. Need to watch that again. His fight with kawajiri was awesome.

Last edited:
When I saw that flying knee I was like "NOOOOOOOOO". I thought he was about to throw it all away with that **** :lol:

Another thing that still gets me from GREAT strikers is the lack of body work. Eddie had him on the ropes. RDA covering. And he didn't light up the body. Just kept head hunting.

Even if he doesn't KO him, that pays off down the line. Especially when he's rocked and the shots are wide open.

I remember when Nick Diaz folded Frank Shamrock with a body shot when he had him hurt. Fighters really need to do that more often.

BRUUHHHHHH my man was tryin to RUN across the cage to hit the flying knee but he was so gassed all he could do was JOG :rofl:

Then he lost his balance and fell on his back and I was thinking to myself "aww ****, it was fun while it lasted" while thinking back to all the pain all my Philly teams have given me throughout the years

Eddie :pimp:

I also agree with the body shots. Those leg and body shots ALWAYS pay dividends, especially in 5 round title fights.

I remember in Gil vs Diego, there was this one punch that Gil threw where he wound all the way up and SNIPED a right hook to the body. I think it was the first round

And the shots to the body will set up the clean shots to the head if you're looking for a KO.

The hands will drop if you land them.

So bizarre to me that professional fighters don't use them more often when they go for the kill.

Last edited:
Damn we gonna see the end of another great fighter in less than a week.

Jones by doping

Silva gets washed and retires from injury or death.

silva may be able to dance around and get some shots, but i see DC eating them and taking him down
tajke down, smother him and proceed with the GnP

Obvious choice is DC because he was in camp the last few months preparing for someone who fights similar to Silva. He's probably going to smother, lay, and pray. 

But I have a gut feeling Silva is going to finish him. 

Silva will be gassed by 2nd round if he makes it that far. But can also see DC with what has gone on this week as not as interested, but still have him taking the win

Obvious choice is DC because he was in camp the last few months preparing for someone who fights similar to Silva. He's probably going to smother, lay, and pray. 

But I have a gut feeling Silva is going to finish him. 
Man DC going to ragdoll Silva
frown.gif

Silva being one of my favorite fighters I hope he catches DC but I think he's washed now.
frown.gif

This Diego vs Lauzon fight is flying under the radar IMO.

Plus ill Will making his debut tonight :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom