The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

What are you not understanding
This guy Bisping is so gassed off knocking out Rockhold :lol: My lord

Can't lie, I wouldn't mind seeing it, but Cormier would more than likely kill him

How can JBJ be the first to lose his belt because of roids if he's not the champ?

Bones vs DC was the only fight I was interested in on the card, been looking forward to the rematch for what, damn near 18 months? I'm pretty sad right now

Cormier should be happy

He can continue to masquerade as the "champ"

This is getting out of hand. I get it. Bones beat him.

But 2 quality W's over Gus and Rumble is enough to make anyone a champ.

Nobody did this to Dillashaw when Dom was out.

And the Dom was injured. Bones did this himself. The last person who should be taking shots right now is DC.

what fight gets bumped up to the main tho?

I heard yesterday that it's just Brock/Hunt. No co-main.

Which I found interesting. I'm guessing there's a different pay grade or something for main events?

So Dana didn't want to bump the Miesha/Nunes or Edgar/Aldo fights up to it or something?

But what happened when Dom came back?

Your point?

Because mine was that there wasn't all this "paper champ" talk about TJ because he beat what at the time was legit comp. And looked great doing it.

And as I clearly laid out, DC did as well. Especially against Gus.

Last edited:
TJ never lost to Dom prior

Different situation

I'm still mad that Dom never fought Barao

Last edited:
But TJ never beat Dom prior either.

And as I said, I get it. Jones beat him.

But if Jones is going to keep ******* up, people are going to have to deal with it.

They didn't HAND the belt over to DC. He beat legit title contenders.

Last edited:
But TJ never beat Dom prior either.

And as I said, I get it. Jones beat him.

But if Jones is going to keep ******* up, people are going to have to deal with it.

They didn't HAND the belt over to DC. He beat legit title contenders.

And he beat a killer like Rumble on short notice too.

This dude survived that blow in their first exchange that sent him flying across the cage

How can JBJ be the first to lose his belt because of roids if he's not the champ?

Jones got the interim belt when he beat OSP.

This is getting out of hand. I get it. Bones beat him.

But 2 quality W's over Gus and Rumble is enough to make anyone a champ.

Nobody did this to Dillashaw when Dom was out.

And the Dom was injured. Bones did this himself. The last person who should be taking shots right now is DC.

The difference is that Cormier already lost to Bones prior to getting the title, and then Bones was removed right before the rematch. Alot of people legitimately believe he has nothing for bones because of how he lost the first match, whereas with TJ nobody really had any idea how he'd match up with Dom.

Having said that though, yeah beating Gus and Rumble is no joke, people gotta start giving Cormier some respect. His only loss was a time round decision to the (possibly roided out) pound for pound #1. Dude is about as legit as it gets in the UFC.

Only beating the Champ makes you the Champ

Aldo and Frankie fighting for a fake belt as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
So if Conor never comes back to 145, then what?

Get it now?

At some point, the world moves on. You should too.

I don't think anybody gives a **** about what belt they're fighting for, I just wanna see how Aldo looks after his first loss in forever, and/or see if Frankie improved enough to beat him this time

You're not a real champ until you successfully defend your belt (IMO).

Sorry Luke.

Sorry Forrest.

Sorry so many others.

Comical that you would also bring up GSP now while not answering my question.

Your "champ" McGregor don't even want to defend :lol:

Belts change hands without "champions" losing all the time. Great fighters become champs thereafter.

So are the days of our lives.....

I don't think anybody gives a **** about what belt they're fighting for, I just wanna see how Aldo looks after his first loss in forever, and/or see if Frankie improved enough to beat him this time

This is what makes this fight so good right now.

As weak as this McGregor ******* is with a Diaz rematch and a "champ" that doesn't want to defend his title, we get a hell of a match up because of it.

Last edited:
It's dumb as hell. How you gonna make an interim belt if the guy with the belt isn't injured but is fighting in another weight class? Make him defend it or take it away.

I'm cool with seeing Frankie receive the fade again this weekend

Actually it's win win

If Aldo loses he deserves it for acting like a b

I have no horse in that race

Aldo is going to beat Frankie again. 

Jones 
mean.gif

But watching the road to UFC 200 was kinda of funny because DC looks like a prophet 
laugh.gif

Smh.

I saw my first UFC event, PPV or live, here in Newark in 2011 was it? when Jon won the LHW and I have been a fan of his ever since. I've watched this dude time and time again defend his title from anyone and everyone. The only time he ever loses is with himself. It's getting really hard to root for him after all these incidents. Dumb decision after dumb decision these past few years is going to cost him everything I swear (as if it already hasn't).

I really am hoping this turns out to be a false positive or something because if he gets two years he might as well call it quits. We're about to get robbed of one of the greatest talents the UFC has ever seen and it's depressing. I will always believe in Jon but he has to change for real man.

So many variables in that Edgar/Aldo fight.

Aldo fresh off his first KO loss. A BAD one.

Edgar fresh off a surprising KO win. A devastating one.

Does Jose react the same if he starts getting touched up?

Or does the fight play out the same as last time (which I scored 3-2 Aldo, but I know people who scored it 3-2 Edgar)?

How does Aldo hold up if it goes into the later rounds (always been an issue for him)?

From a technical standpoint, this quickly became the best fight on the card hands down IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom