The Marshall Mathers LP Vs. The Blueprint = TIE (According to the members of NT)

Em's verse is overrated on BP...always has been...people are subtly surprised a white dude can rap the way he does...

No disrespect, hes one of the best ever, but I swear you guys are just so gassed sometimes...

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by MrWavez

H to the izzo is wack?

damn i missed the memo...one of my fav Jay Z  songs as a matter a fact

That is a horrible song, beat is corny and the hook was a gimmicky !#% pop song. Fashizle My Nizle......
eek.gif

I thought the Kwest beat was tight
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Em's verse is overrated on BP...always has been...people are subtly surprised a white dude can rap the way he does...

No disrespect, hes one of the best ever, but I swear you guys are just so gassed sometimes...
Him getting props has nothing to do with being white on renegade, it has to do with him sodomizing Jay on that track

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Him getting props has nothing to do with being white on renegade, it has to do with him sodomizing Jay on that track
That's just the thing though...people talk like Hov came weak on that track.....and part of the reason why this happens is because of all of the added hype from devout Em fans. He didn't sodomize Hov....they both held their own.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

they both held their own. 
agreed but eminem had a much better verse. lyrics, flow + breathe control, everything.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

That's just the thing though...people talk like Hov came weak on that track.....and part of the reason why this happens is because of all of the added hype from devout Em fans. He didn't sodomize Hov....they both held their own.
People like yourself confuse Em having the better verses for everybody thinks Jay came weak.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone say anything close to that.

laugh.gif
Hov and Em's verse wasnt even about the same subject tho idk why people compare them..i feel Jay's verse more...real talk tho if Nas hadnt said that line on ether most people wouldnt be saying this
and Optimus why are u even here there's a drake snippet out go fetch for it doggy

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

laugh.gif
Hov and Em's verse wasnt even about the same subject tho idk why people compare them..i feel Jay's verse more...real talk tho if Nas hadnt said that line on ether most people wouldnt be saying this
and Optimus why are u even here there's a drake snippet out go fetch for it doggy

I disagree, I don't care what NaS said on Ether. When I first heard Jay go, I was like damn that was nice then Eminem spits his verse and I had to go back and play his verse a few times over before I even finished the song. It's hot that Nas said it cause it's true, content was completely different but the sh Em was on was just ******ed

it was ems rhyme scheme that had bammas like
eek.gif

but he honestly did murder jay on his own shh due to the flow

on topic... i'd say blueprint. simply because it stands the test of time, it has songs for every mood and imo everything was perfect for that era. i don't believe there are any wack songs on the joint.

hola hovito, jigga my n, and girls girls girls being wack??????

yall are on yall heads wit that one. hola hov had a RECOCKULOUS beat and the infamous... "if i ain't better than big, i'm the closest one"
the way he talks about different types of youngins and then ties them together at the end of the verses makes girls girls girls an AMAZING song
and i only like jigga my n cause your boy got more 6's than first grade
sick.gif

at the end of the day, MMLP was shock value rap and BP was real rap.

The End

Played both these albums recently, so I'm givin this thread the DipsetGeneral bump.

Blueprint in a coin flip. Both are classics.

Spoiler [+]
I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent lives lost on the project bench
Watchu hollerin? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in
By the bodega, iron under my coat, feeling braver
Doo-rag wrapping my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty
An orphan my pops left me, And often, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown,especially on nights
I brought something home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - 30 years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raising green up
Raising my fingers to critics, raising my head to the sky
B.I.G. I did it! Multi before I die
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight
is best verse that was spit on the album imo (and I play that song a billion times). Hov spit that on some Nas @%$...ridiculous how some ppl still think Em > Jay on that record imo. They both went in.

EDIT: Hell, Jay's extended metaphor of newspaper reporter in the first verse is equally as impressive as Em's great use of assonance in his verse. This is literally a tie for me.

MMLP>

and some of yall arent listning, nobody is saying Jay came weak on that verse. but that doesn't change the fact that ems was still better by far

why yall playin i wont even quote it ill just repost it

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent lives lost on the project bench
Watchu hollerin? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in
By the bodega, iron under my coat, feeling braver
Doo-rag wrapping my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty
An orphan my pops left me, And often, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown,especially on nights
I brought something home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - 30 years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raising green up
Raising my fingers to critics, raising my head to the sky
B.I.G. I did it! Multi before I die
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight'
&

Wait? Hola Hovito was wack? 
laugh.gif

Code:
Was born in the belly that's the way the streets breed youOne life to live - notice you get no sequelSo I truly got to live this like my last movieSix oohie, jewels drippin, big toolieI ball for real, y'all %%@$#* is Sam BowieAnd with the third pick - I made the earth sickM.J., him Jay, fade away perfectI rhyme sicker than every rhyme spitterEvery crime @*$*% that rhyme or touch a mic because my mind's quickerI'm a eighty-eighter, nine-six to "Reasonable Doubt"Temper short, don't take much to squeeze you outYeah you shinin but the only thing you're leavin outYou're a candle in the sun - that $%%@ don't even out

p.s. nas was $%^& ridin em when he said that he doesnt even believe it himself

& finally 

RavageEnt2009 wrote:

The Hail!!!!!

MMLP is classic FK you mean?

don't act like The Blueprint didn't have some cornball tracks on there.

"Jigga my _____ga", "H to the Izzo" and "ohhla hovito" = FAIL 
smh.gif

INSERT T.I. LAUGHING GIF HERE

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

MMLP>

and some of yall arent listning, nobody is saying Jay came weak on that verse. but that doesn't change the fact that ems was still better by far
That's not fact; it's opinion. I was simply giving you mine.

Jigga the N sucked balls then and it still sucks balls now.

Hola Hovito was lame because Jay said absolutely nothing on that track. NOTHING. The beat tho
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Hola Hovito was lame because Jay said absolutely nothing on that track. NOTHING. The beat tho
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The dude 2 posts up, posted lyrics from hola hovito and you still say Jay said absolutely nothing.

Was born in the belly that's the way the streets breed you
One life to live - notice you get no sequel
So I truly got to live this like my last movie
Six oohie, jewels drippin, big toolie
I ball for real, y'all %%@$#* is Sam Bowie
And with the third pick - I made the earth sick
M.J., him Jay, fade away perfect
I rhyme sicker than every rhyme spitter
Every crime @*$*% that rhyme or touch a mic because my mind's quicker
I'm a eighty-eighter, nine-six to "Reasonable Doubt"
Temper short, don't take much to squeeze you out
Yeah you shinin but the only thing you're leavin out
You're a candle in the sun - that $%%@ don't even out

That's nothing to you?

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The dude 2 posts up, posted lyrics from hola hovito and you still say Jay said absolutely nothing.

Was born in the belly that's the way the streets breed you
One life to live - notice you get no sequel
So I truly got to live this like my last movie
Six oohie, jewels drippin, big toolie
I ball for real, y'all %%@$#* is Sam Bowie
And with the third pick - I made the earth sick
M.J., him Jay, fade away perfect
I rhyme sicker than every rhyme spitter
Every crime @*$*% that rhyme or touch a mic because my mind's quicker
I'm a eighty-eighter, nine-six to "Reasonable Doubt"
Temper short, don't take much to squeeze you out
Yeah you shinin but the only thing you're leavin out
You're a candle in the sun - that $%%@ don't even out

That's nothing to you?
Hey, his take. I personally liked both tracks.

Actually, your response earlier about BP being overrated? Again, your opinion...but I disagree. Both these albums are absolute classics in my book. What, you want Jay to rap like Nas? Then go cop a Nas album.

Blueprint is a way more complete album...

And that's not to downgrade MMLP... But as an album BP is better...

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

MMLP>

That's not fact; it's opinion. I was simply giving you mine.
I wasent talk to you, more to the people who keep pretending like were saying Jiggas verse was wack

Back
Top Bottom