The Marshall Mathers LP Vs. The Blueprint = TIE (According to the members of NT)

Never met a soul that has put the CD on and went straight to "Jigga that Ni**a" haha, come on. One of the worst songs period. Izzo is still wack to me, dope in high school and now I hear it and i'm ashamed of liking it. All I Need is weak too. What makes this album so special are the few songs that are in his top 10. The Takeover, Song Cry, Never Change, Momma Loves Me and maybe one more is what takes this album to the "classic" talk

Both are classics and 2 of the most important albums in Hip Hop but I gotta go with Blueprint. I can put that sh!@ on anytime and just zone out. Its close though.

both have monster records on them

stan, i am, kim

takeover, song cry renegade

depends on how i feel that day

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

1531og4.jpg

Both albums have a majority of great standout / quality tracks... I just always felt BP had more skippable tracks compared to MMLP. Em's album gets the edge in this vote... But not by much.

its funny that if you take Em's feature of BP this wouldnt even be a question.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Never met a soul that has put the CD on and went straight to "Jigga that Ni**a" haha, come on.
I always hated putting on a LP and jumping to one particular track. I mean, I ain't see people put on MMLP just to play songs like Drug Ballad either
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
And I know people who play Jigga that #$%#! by itself actually *kanyeshrug*
its funny that if you take Em's feature of BP this wouldnt even be a question
How so?
I wasent talk to you, more to the people who keep pretending like were saying Jiggas verse was wack
I hear you, I was just talking about your statement that it's "fact" that Em > Jay on that verse. That's not fact.

Actually, it's funny how some people here who say that are the same ones who get on Jay for not spittin "substance" in his lyrics. That's exactly what he did on Renegade - I think if Nas spit those same verses people would NOT be saying Em >.

had both as a teenager. but enjoyed MM's crazy lyrics back then. I'll listen to Blueprint again and see.

I listened to these back to back last night in light of this thread and came to this conclusion.

A. They are totally different albums and have completely different feels.
B. The Blueprint is a more complete album, has more bangers
C. I think Eminem's album is more vicious and can hit a nerve and put you in a mood that Jay's can't

Both are great, but I think Blueprint wins here.

JAY-Z BLUEPRINT ... HANDS DOWN
em is held to different standards

because if jay-z released the same songs on the marshall mathers LP they would say it would be a whole different story

em gets away with a lot of stuff because he is white
not taking anything away but eminems flow is great but his content isnt
but kim and stan are dope tracks

if this thread was about The Slim Shady Lp... then =blueprint would be true.
SSLP is his magnum opus. his perfect cd.
it played like a drug. all the way to the come down.

Back
Top Bottom