"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

I guess the Hue Hollins segment was cut for time on episode 7. It's ok. I'll wait for the extended takes...

Hodges was mediocre and played himself out of the league. Imagine caping for a guy who only averaged 50 games a season his last 5 years in the league.

They called him Highway 14 because he couldn't play a lick of defense

Great 3 point shooter though, takes skill to win that contest that many times.

Hodges was strongly against the Iraq war and none of the Bulls wanted to stand near him during the National Anthem because they were afraid they would get shot along with him by a gunmen.

Great 3 point shooter though, takes skill to win that contest that many times.

Too bad Mike's goal wasn't winning the 3 point contest but rather a 3 peat!

It's amazing how he was able to rebrand his declining 3 point proficiency into being "blackballed"

:lol:He also says no player today would wear inferior products in NBA games because of the evolution of generations. (he's refering to retro shoes) When at least one player in the league somewhere wears a a retro damn near every night.

I don't think Klosterman watches much NBA.

*PJ Tucker has entered the chat*

Michael Jordan lucky Scott Scott Burrell is a good dude. He could’ve gotten body slammed.
823F1CD8-75B6-46A8-805B-AD0AF8A80EAB.png

Scott Burrell in Air Max 93’s :nthat:

Craig Hodges got Kapernicked plain and simple. They felt like he was an expendable role player that wasn't worth the trouble. His efforts were noble but I get the business decision of releasing him. This is a basketball documentary and he didn't contribute much basketball. The people that cape for him are doing so for civil rights reasons, not basketball reasons. A documentary on civil rights in sports would be great but this isn't it.

Jordan's trainer talks about the flu game. Explains why he believes it was poisoned pizza from the night before.

:rofl:Don't bother wasting time listening to the Bill Simmons/Klosterman. Klosterman is a fool.
His main Jordan-Lebron argument is that Lebron is better than MJ at ACTUALLY PLAYING the game. He means actual skills and brings up rebounding and passing as examples.

I don't know if Simmons doesn't have the ability to destroy that argument or not, I think he chooses not to because none of his shows have argumentative tones or lots of back and forth.

:lol:He also says no player today would wear inferior products in NBA games because of the evolution of generations. (he's refering to retro shoes) When at least one player in the league somewhere wears a a retro damn near every night.

I don't think Klosterman watches much NBA.
I think you are trivializing what was said in the convo.

I think you are missing the main point of Klosterman's stance.

He said there were 2 arguments taking place.

Who was better (relative to their time) vs. Who was better (absolutely)

If you remember, the convo branched into Klosterman asking if it was possible for a player in the more evolved form of the game to NOT be better than someone that came before. He went on to cite examples of average players being placed into a previous generation.

Then they talked about how as time moved along, the gap between the present and the previous generation became more narrow

Back
Top Bottom