"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

All truth. He should’ve gone though at least try it for a year to see if the wade/LBJ thing could work. Instead we got CB and and fewer championships than were promised.

Fact. Yeah man I know Melo kicks himself sometimes thinking he could of played with his dudes Bron & Wade in all their primes but at least he admitted it was his younger self thinking about money now mode.

Melo sealed his fate when he took that contract and stayed in NY.
I think you mean when he took the extra year on his Denver rookie contract.

When Bron, Bosh, and Wade contracts were up and they teamed up Melo still had another year in Denver.

There was no Knicks contract. And even then he couldn't be patient and just be a FA the next year and sign with the Knicks in the offseason. He let the media create this nonsense buzz coming off Bron's decision (and Knicks owner stupidity) which in the end forced the Knicks to trade for him.

Melo got out of the first round in Denver one time and got out of 1st round two times on the Knicks.

Since his rookie season leading the nuggets to the playoffs he usually got eliminated by eventual NBA champs or a final contender minus I think the two times they lost to the Clippers.

Again, I'm not sure what those statements are proving here. What was KG and Ray Allen doing before they went to the Celts? Or to be more comparable with his peers where was Wade after Shaq left? Chris Bosh his entire Raptor career? We can talk about subpar playoff performances too.

It takes a team to be playoff/finals contender. If your stance is simply Melo isnt LeBron or KD that led their teams to conference finals and finals only to lose then okay that's fine cuz those guys never had a chance until they had better teammates and coaches. Not saying much cuz a lot of star players are in that boat.

so which years did Melo get out of the 1st round on the knicks? all i see is 2012-2013. also, i think you are missing my point & i really don't waste any more of my time to discuss about Carmelo Anthony lol

I can remember how at the beginning MJ hated, and I mean HATED the new UC. I always wish I could have been able to see MJ play at the Old Chicago stadium. The Madhouse on Madison.

Yeah something about depth perception because of its size, especially relative to other basketball only facilities at the time. They liken it to playing at the Super Dome and such.

I was lucky enough to see a game in '93 before moving to California.

IMG_4010.JPG

Aside - on the same night this happened: https://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/24/...jected-in-knicks-suns-wild-west-slugfest.html

so which years did Melo get out of the 1st round on the knicks? all i see is 2012-2013.
I was thinking of a different series

It was only 2 times for Melo.

also, i think you are missing my point & i really don't waste any more of my time to discuss about Carmelo Anthony lol
Yeah I really dont see your point about Melo.

Nothing you've said about him is something I couldn't apply to his peers before they joined championship teams or other star players in that era.

I remember when media came with that same narrative for T-Mac with the whole not getting out of the first round.

Last edited:
I wish we could have witnessed Grant Hill and T Mac play at least ONE season together. Grant was a monster back then, and TMac was a mf’er on both ends of the floor. Jordan was the best of his generation, and Pip was nasty as well. But I do not think that as a tandem, that Jordan and Pip was as exciting as Hill and TMac could have been. That potential was off the charts.

I wish we could have witnessed Grant Hill and T Mac play at least ONE season together. Grant was a monster back then, and TMac was a mf’er on both ends of the floor. Jordan was the best of his generation, and Pip was nasty as well. But I do not think that as a tandem, that Jordan and Pip was as exciting as Hill and TMac could have been. That potential was off the charts.

If we are going down the 'what could have happened' scenario...Penny and Shaq staying together in Orlando against those second three peat Bulls teams. Those would have been some really good ECFs.

Guess I’ll contribute my small pieces of nostalgia. 80’s baby, 90’s kid checking in. All my other old heads will remember card collecting was HUGE! I mostly collected baseball cards but I did get a few basketball packs as well. Had to dig my collection out of the closet to capture this pick. Can’t wait till the final two episodes tomorrow!!
A10BAF9B-DF3A-4B47-A376-FF926B7D306D.jpeg

did they/mj ask juanita to be part of the doc?
i know it was an expensive divorce for mike, but thought they maintained a good relationship from what i read awhile bac

Wow the name Rusty Larue...haven’t heard that name in a long time. Funny how he didn’t need an alias lol
i think he had a cup of coffee with the warriors as well. crafty, great motor, did the little things, high iq, etc type player. wasn't he a qb and could've made the nfl as well?

Last edited:
Most serious notable omissions:
Juanita Jordan
MJ's sisters
Craig Hodges

On a lighter note:
Madonna
Janet Jackson
Jim Jackson, Jason Kidd, Toni Braxton

Back
Top Bottom