"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

They were soft in comparison.

Wilt shouldn't be talking. His only competition ever was Bill. Them white defenders would do anything to stop him and not get as many fouls as they should.

Similar with Bill. Only the reason again is their defenders were white racists given free reign.

They were soft in comparison.

Wilt shouldn't be talking. His only competition ever was Bill. Them white defenders would do anything to stop him and not get as many fouls as they should.

Similar with Bill. Only the reason again is their defenders were white racists given free reign.

The point is....every generation gets grumpy, and blindly shts on the next :lol:. I’m just pointing out how absurd it is....that right smack in the 90s....an era that’s universally considered “tough” and the golden era....You have nba legends from the previous era saying the game is soft, and they would average 70ppg because of rule changes to benefit the offensive player.

That’s the EXACT same ****, those dudes say NOW. So I always roll my eyes when that is said in a blanket statement. “Back in my day”. We’re all guilty of it. Sports, music, etc. you name it.

On the converse....this growing thing where trolls etc of today are calling modern era 75-90s NBA players....plumbers and **** is equally as stupid. And it’s a response to the stuff I was talking about earlier. Like, there’s a growing segment of stupid people who really think Larry Bird would have trouble playing today :lol:. It’s just as dumb as thinking Steph Curry won’t cook every single PG in the 80s. Or Bron wouldn’t be Bron. Etc.

People also don’t understand pace, or exactly what rule changes meant what. They just know hand checking....but don’t understand illegal defense etc, or team defensive concepts.

The general basketball public is very misinformed. And nba media has a lot to do with it. They conversation around the game is poor. The TNT guys are old haters, who don’t watch or dissect the modern game. There is very little breakdown or nuance. And the social media, twitter, hot take format is hot take heavy and clueless. Just loud and highlight driven.

Steph would be Steph in any era. Bron would be Bron in any era.
giphy.gif

All this time we've had off of sports and ESPN is constantly replaying old games, especially memorable MJ games. Whhhoooollleeeeee damn docu-series.

Has ESPN even touched Wizards MJ? 😂😬

Imagine the pistons stopping steph like they did mj.
steph would not be the same steph.
his fg % would go way down and be way less efficient. And we all know defensively he’s a useless.
But ok I’ll give you steph is very talented...you can have that

But lebron is still soft af Mentally and physically
he’s displayed this over and over and shouldn’t be compared to mj. He should be compared to magic or bird or Kobe.
51a63ee26bb3f7bd15000003

Players do this flopping business because this is the nature of the NBA right now. Big bad boy Laimbeer would definitely flop if he were in his prime today, no question.

I hate the flopping I've seen from Lebron and Har_en and Pierce and Chauncy and Manu and so many others, but they do it because it's working right now. It's not like it's just engrained in their DNA and even if players got kicked out of games for flopping even one time, players like the Bron would still do it.

Imagine the pistons stopping steph like they did mj.
steph would not be the same steph.
his fg % would go way down and be way less efficient. And we all know defensively he’s a useless.
But ok I’ll give you steph is very talented...you can have that

Imagine Rick Mahorn and Bill Lambier switched onto Steph Curry :lol:. Reggie Miller couldn’t put the ball on the floor...and got busy. He was efficient as hell. Mark Price literally was busting dudes **** all over the league....on 50/40/90. And he’s smaller, slower, and less athletic than Steph.

You think the greatest shooter of all time, with elite ball skills will struggle? :lol:. Nope

Y’all GASSING “tough” vs “soft”.

Mark Price appreciation. Cuz I don’t think dudes understand just how filthy he was. And this is a precursor, or a look into what a Steph Curry would look like back then. That Screen and Jumpshot with the big dropping like that....imagine if...man never mind :lol:

And those Cavs teams from the 80s were dope. Posted this in the nba thread, but posting here too. Very good breakdown on them.

What about guys from the 80s-90s that went to the basket hard or shot a lot of midrange? They would have to score a few points more now, right? Those areas of the court are WIDE-OPEN now.

Sometimes there's no one under the rim, and when there is it's usually not a seven-footer. I just think if Draymond Green is your rim protector that 1988 or 1989 MJ is getting about 10 dunks a game. THE LANE IS WIDE-OPEN.

What about guys from the 80s-90s that went to the basket hard or shot a lot of midrange? They would have to score a few points more now, right? Those areas of the court are WIDE-OPEN now.

Sometimes there's no one under the rim, and when there is it's usually not a seven-footer. I just think if Draymond Green is your rim protector that 1988 or 1989 MJ is getting about 10 dunks a game. THE LANE IS WIDE-OPEN.
MJ was getting to the bucket with 3 guys in the lane and one hanging all over him.

And the 3pt line was wide open back then.

As far as the lane....defenders couldn’t help as much back then. So mike got to play 1 on 1....with LATE help due to the illegal defense rule. He also came into the league....when the league played at its FASTEST pace...ever. And scoring was up crazy. Then year by year...it slowed in the 90s...and he still got buckets then. He gets buckets wherever. He’s showed it (80s,90s,00s). He’s the GOAT. But we gotta put context into it.

And The lane is more open now, because the court is spaced due to shooting and because bigs who can’t defend the perimeter or multiple positions got played off the court. The elite defensive teams still play great team defense and have rim protection. There’s just a lot more ground to cover. And the concepts of defense are more advanced. Defensive versatility is at a premium.

And to your first question...I think guys would score just about the same. They’d score differently, and utilize the 3 now, as opposed to long twos. All the elite scorers (except harden) utilize the midrange. Even PGs like Curry/Paul/Kyrie. KD, LBJ, Kawhi/Butler etc score in the mid range. And Jokic, Embiid, KAT etc still do too.

I think shot distribution changes across eras. But usage, and who’s using possessions etc is what remains.

Players do this flopping business because this is the nature of the NBA right now. Big bad boy Laimbeer would definitely flop if he were in his prime today, no question.

I hate the flopping I've seen from Lebron and Har_en and Pierce and Chauncy and Manu and so many others, but they do it because it's working right now. It's not like it's just engrained in their DNA and even if players got kicked out of games for flopping even one time, players like the Bron would still do it.
I blame the European players. Manu is the pioneer of flopping in the NBA.
Imagine Rick Mahorn and Bill Lambier switched onto Steph Curry :lol:.
They would clothesline him and take the personal foul.

I blame the European players. Manu is the pioneer of flopping in the NBA.

They would clothesline him and take the personal foul.

Reggie Miller, drawing fouls with his leg kicks, and flopping? You don’t remember that? :lol:. Bill Lambier used to flop. And dudes used to hate it :lol:

And Clotheslining a 90% free throw shooter...and putting your team in the penalty...all because you can’t guard 35 ft away from the basket is bad basketball.

Reggie Miller, drawing fouls with his leg kicks, and flopping? You don’t remember that? :lol:. Bill Lambier used to flop. And dudes used to hate it :lol:
Drawing fouls with leg kicks isn't flopping its a cheap way to draw fouls. Why combine the two when I'm talking about flopping?

Flopping is straight up pretending your hit and doing it based off refs anticipating that you were hit.

I'd need a compilation real of Reggie flopping in the 90s.

Bill Laimbeer is a dirty player.
And Clotheslining a 90% free throw shooter...and putting your team in the penalty...all because you can’t guard 35 ft away from the basket is bad basketball.
Nah, thats just a hard hit anytime that player tries to come in the paint.

If we talking about when he's at the 3point line, they'd close out with a kick to the face Bruce Bowen style.

Drawing fouls with leg kicks isn't flopping its a cheap way to draw fouls. Why combine the two when I'm talking about flopping?

Flopping is straight up pretending your hit and doing it based off refs anticipating that you were hit.

I'd need a compilation real of Reggie flopping in the 90s.

Bill Laimbeer is a dirty player.

Nah, thats just a hard hit anytime that player tries to come in the paint.

If we talking about when he's at the 3point line, they'd close out with a kick to the face Bruce Bowen style.

Kicking your legs out to draw fouls is akin to flopping. I’m sorry :lol:. Flopping is exaggerating contact to DRAW FOULS. Period.

They aren’t flopping just because :lol:. Wether it be Vlade Divac, Bill Lambieer, or Reggie Miller etc...the element of flopping isn’t particularly novel.

Harden has bastardized it tho. But he’s tremendously hard to guard period.

Yall still with this nonsense :smh: :lol:. Live look at All NBA/ALL Star guard Mark price getting busy in that era....and you don’t think Steph should? Lmao.

Steph’s Dad was the same size as Steph....with LITTLE handle, and less range... and was a 6MOTY and a good player for a long time.
Steph would be Steph in any era. Bron would be Bron in any era. They aren’t soft, they are all time greats.

MJ is better than Bron, simply because he’s a better player. Not because of any era bs y’all spill. The “old school” vs “new school” era bs has to stop. Y’all lack any nuance.

One thing I always consider when I hear those “he wouldn’t have made it in the 90’s or 80’s” lines is that they don’t consider that if said player played in that era, they would’ve grown up playing that more physical style of ball to where it was the norm and meshed with their natural talent, they would’ve done fine.

You also gotta consider that if guys who known for their physical style of play in the 80’s or 90’s were born in 1993 instead. Their style of play would’ve been different and they would have to adjust and adapt as well. They would’ve grew up playing a different style of game than what they grew up playing.

I grew up watching the more physical nba of the 90’s. Guys like Curry would’ve done just fine in that era.

Last edited:
Kicking your legs out to draw fouls is akin to flopping. I’m sorry :lol:. Flopping is exaggerating contact to DRAW FOULS. Period.
Kicking your leg out isn't exaggerating contact. Its creating contact :lol:

Miss me with your made up definitions and umbrella examples of flopping.

Plus look at you naming more europeans :smh: :lol:

got my outfit ready for tomorrow that i will lay on my bed and stare at while i watch tomorrows 2 episodes... got the jordan jersey, bulls fitted and just have to pick out the jordan sneakers to match

Got the road Jordan champion jersey with the M&N road Bulls shorts, black McDavid knee sleeve (w/ reversible red), black/concord XI's (w/ #45 on the heel), transitioning to black/red XI's rolled out for tomorrow night. Full psycho-mode fit. It'll kinda suck when this series is over.

Back
Top Bottom