"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Did they ever make any progress in resolving the murder of James Jordan?

It was always wild to me that his death centered around an unpaid gambling debt. As if they didn't have the means to pay it back...

Did they ever make any progress in resolving the murder of James Jordan?

It was always wild to me that his death centered around an unpaid gambling debt. As if they didn't have the means to pay it back...

What if the unpaid gambling debt was in the hundreds of millions or more, or if it meant Jordan had to point shave?

I blame the European players. Manu is the pioneer of flopping in the NBA.

is ‘European players’ a blanket term for all non-US players or does it refer to players who came to the NBA from one of the European leagues? cause Manu is certainly not from Europe

What if the unpaid gambling debt was in the hundreds of millions or more, or if it meant Jordan had to point shave?

Thats absurd.

From what I know the type of gambling James was doing could not have reached that amount.

Michael and his father weren't stupid.

Kicking your leg out isn't exaggerating contact. Its creating contact :lol:

Miss me with your made up definitions and umbrella examples of flopping.

Plus look at you naming more europeans :smh: :lol:

When James harden locks his defenders are under him...he’s creating context and exaggerating it as well. It’s the same thing as flopping.

got my outfit ready for tomorrow that i will lay on my bed and stare at while i watch tomorrows 2 episodes... got the jordan jersey, bulls fitted and just have to pick out the jordan sneakers to match

:rofl:

All I’m gonna do is wear my XIV’s for the whole day. Most I’m willing to do.

And the 3pt line was wide open back then.

As far as the lane....defenders couldn’t help as much back then. So mike got to play 1 on 1....with LATE help due to the illegal defense rule. He also came into the league....when the league played at its FASTEST pace...ever. And scoring was up crazy. Then year by year...it slowed in the 90s...and he still got buckets then. He gets buckets wherever. He’s showed it (80s,90s,00s). He’s the GOAT. But we gotta put context into it.

And The lane is more open now, because the court is spaced due to shooting and because bigs who can’t defend the perimeter or multiple positions got played off the court. The elite defensive teams still play great team defense and have rim protection. There’s just a lot more ground to cover. And the concepts of defense are more advanced. Defensive versatility is at a premium.

And to your first question...I think guys would score just about the same. They’d score differently, and utilize the 3 now, as opposed to long twos. All the elite scorers (except harden) utilize the midrange. Even PGs like Curry/Paul/Kyrie. KD, LBJ, Kawhi/Butler etc score in the mid range. And Jokic, Embiid, KAT etc still do too.

I think shot distribution changes across eras. But usage, and who’s using possessions etc is what remains.

You've got too many qualifiers, I guess we have to set rules when we debate this.

But, if someone like 1990 Clyde Drexler was dropped into today's game, and played the same way he did in the past he would have to at least average a few more points.

I just picture him being smart enough to realize that the floor is wide open and keep driving or shooting midrange when he can't beat his man.

I can't picture him, with his 90s mindset, thinking that he should take more threes.

I think that's why Greek Freak does so well the past few years, he just attacks. He doesn't hang around the 3 point line.

is ‘European players’ a blanket term for all non-US players or does it refer to players who came to the NBA from one of the European leagues? cause Manu is certainly not from Europe
It's mostly European players and ppl who played in any of those Euro leagues.

Manu from Argentina, played on that team but he also played in the Euroleague.

Its mainly the style of play that rewarded flopping.

When James harden locks his defenders are under him...he’s creating context and exaggerating it as well. It’s the same thing as flopping.
I don't know why you bringing up Harden now. Talking about something else now. Also the sentence doesn't make sense.

Reggie Miller kicking out his leg to draw a foul when he shoots isn't flopping.

All Mj had to do was hold the ball when he got passed half court but dude had his tongue all out trying to do too much😂

Last edited:

All Mj had to do was hold the ball

Sports are crazy at times. One night Nick Anderson is the hero, stealing the ball from the best player in the game and saving a must win game. Chicago takes game 1, they likely win that series.

A few weeks later in another game 1, Nick Anderson has his most agonizing moment in his sports career in the NBA finals. The highs and lows in sports are crazy.

Hell in a matter of seconds Craig Ehlo went from being the hero who scored the potential game winning layup to win his team the series to being remembered for being on the receiving end of the shot.

I don't recall.

But even if that is the case, Mike wasn't stupid.

He wasn't gambling more than he could cover. I'm fairly certain of that.

he got his pops killed and suspended from the league

it’s okay bro. The Jordan’s still look hot and he was still an awesome player

he got his pops killed and suspended from the league

it’s okay bro. The Jordan’s still look hot and he was still an awesome player

I was looking for something a little more insightful when I asked about his dad’s murder.

Not some “I just finished blazing, here’s my unsubstantiated 2 cents on the matter” type of reply.

I was looking for something a little more insightful when I asked about his dad’s murder.

Not some “I just finished blazing, here’s my unsubstantiated 2 cents on the matter” type of reply.

Do ya googles. I don’t think any answer anyone gives you will have you satisfied

Do ya googles. I don’t think any answer anyone gives you will have you satisfied

Like I said I was looking for more than what has obviously been out there for 20+ years, which is what you gave me.

Not looking for anyone to solve a cold case file. Literally just asking and you came with the super unhelpful, reply. Coulda kept all that to yourself but thanks anyway.

If people would just google everything there would be no posts on NT.

Looks like Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf & Craig Hodge’s show on “Activism, Politics & Sports” today didn’t have much of an audience, or an audience at all. Surprising considering the amount of hate MJ has been getting.

No i'm saying nowhere is this mentioned or posted. No results in a quick google search, you are the only person that's mentioned it, post details.

No i'm saying nowhere is this mentioned or posted. No results in a quick google search, you are the only person that's mentioned it, post details.

89F77CF0-C345-41C5-A825-6B73D8C28948.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom