"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

I haven't, so that's a moot demand. I know, not me in particular, even though I was quoted and addressed. Correct.

'Where did you get your perspective?' is different than 'What race are you?' or 'Are you black?'

'What race are you?' behind the guise 'I'm just curious of their perspective' is not allowed, and no one is required to answer that.
Since the rule of racism is about the oppression of Black people and the voice of that people, someone claiming to be an authority on a topic regarding Black culture, or even someone claiming to speak to said culture, history, should be qualified to do such. There is no better qualification than being birthed by that culture, then understanding the culture from within. The true BULLY is the appropriator, one who comes armed with privilege through oppression. That person will think that they can define what they see, then being the final arbiter of truth. In this case the only thing that makes them qualified, is that they are white. So yes, I do have a right to ask, but you have every right to not answer the question as well. If I had the institution of racism behind me? I could be a bully as well. Fortunately? I don’t. Grateful to my ancestors that I am authentic.

31BEE757-BAD9-4EAC-9E32-B420C9B8AE90.jpeg

theres even some stats left off there... 10x scoring champ, 2x dunk contest winner, 3x steals leader, 9x all defense team and ncaa champion...thats why hes the goat and not because he won more chips and is undefeated... the accolades alone has jordan as the goat vs anyone including lebron... and lebron losing more times in the finals than winning doesnt help either... thats why i laugh when people say well lebron went to 8 straight finals something jordan never did... ya thats a cool record but whats the point if he loses all the time 3 out of 8 chips not including the 07 finals is pathetic for lebron sinces hes considered a goat lmao...theres no comparison and the numbers dont lie but of course people want to stay in the present and look at lebron as the goat...

theres even some stats left off there... 10x scoring champ, 2x dunk contest winner, 3x steals leader, 9x all defense team and ncaa champion...thats why hes the goat and not because he won more chips and is undefeated... the accolades alone has jordan as the goat vs anyone including lebron... and lebron losing more times in the finals than winning doesnt help either... thats why i laugh when people say well lebron went to 8 straight finals something jordan never did... ya thats a cool record but whats the point if he loses all the time 3 out of 8 chips not including the 07 finals is pathetic for lebron sinces hes considered a goat lmao...theres no comparison and the numbers dont lie but of course people want to stay in the present and look at lebron as the goat...

What?

if we are being honest, it's only a two man race between MJ & Kareem. are we giving Jordan the nod because of outside factors such as popularity, shoes, culture, helping globalize the game, etc.?

I'm surprised that the documentary skipped the '92 finals and '92 summer Olympics. The six straight threes, the shrug, the dream team, the Olympic sevens (although it'd be almost a decade until Michael Vick got drafted by the Falcons so the sevens were yet to meet their full potential style wise). I have a personal affinity when it comes to 1992 basketball because that's the year where basketball became my favorite sport and has remained ever since. I was seven, in California and basketball supplanted baseball as my favorite sport. My story is pretty common among a lot of people my age, just shift a few details. Obviously the most consequential story was twelve year old Pau in Catalonia, who got into basketball after seeing the Dream Team.

You must have missed an episode. That was all covered in episode 5.

Lebron having a single parent is like very loosely stated. His mom was a crack head unfortunately.
Dude had to overcome a lot of adversities growing up.

Back
Top Bottom