"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

I'm chuckling at this Duke fan trying to get an autograph from Jordan.

vlcsnap-2020-05-06-17h02m48s318.png

Craig Hodges needs a live interview after these episodes are done.
I saw something somewhere about him doing an interview. This was this past weekend, I lost the link. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Twitter. I don't think it was a video interview, I think it was a written one. A web search might turn it up.

I want to say Hodges was just recently on a national sports debate show. FSN maybe? Discussed how he was disappointed that Mike mentioned the 'traveling cocaine circus' among other things.

I've seen the usual suspects say a lot of things on Craig like...

"no one cares about Bulls bench players"
"Craig just looking for attention"
"they talked about criticisms of MJ's politics. what more is there to add?"

they really do not get it

pretending his stance is unimportant or irrelevant, while the reality remains it's still bad for business 30 years later

all the while the atrocities he stood up for are still happening every day :smh:

I've purposely sat out the whole 'MJ should or shouldn't have' argument. That conversation is very emotionally charged and everyone is going to feel a certain way, which you are entitled to but because there is no middle ground in that argument nothing I have to say will make you think otherwise. I would rather discuss his basketball career then get into the politics of what we believe he did or didn't do.

I will say that as far as Hodges is concerned, at least on the topic of MJ's perceived lack of social involvement my question would be what difference does it make that MJ was not as socially involved as you felt he should have been 10 or 20 years ago. What good does the past do now especially since recently MJ has been far more socially active with his time and money in supporting black social causes. In that same regard I've seen opinion pieces that say even with MJ being more socially active they believe it is more about publicity than good will so I can see why MJ might have taken a more neutral stance because he felt like whatever I do it will never be enough. Someone with his immense popularity is never going to be able to please everyone. We also know how immensely private MJ is so a lot of his work may have been done behind the scenes and he never wanted it to be public knowledge.

I want to say Hodges was just recently on a national sports debate show. FSN maybe? Discussed how he was disappointed that Mike mentioned the 'traveling cocaine circus' among other things.
Nah, he needs to be on BReakfast Club or something.

Back
Top Bottom