"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

:lol: :lol: :lol:.... says the man with an avatar of his pectorals. Who’s REALLY interested in getting the attention of men????

Bruh, I’m on your side. Always have. But you cannot expect some of these dudes beliefs to align. It is what it is. You gone drive yourself mad thinking every black person is down for the cause. Let the conditioned ones be as they may. They’re never going to change. Harness your power towards the ones who think like you and I. Stop wasting your time, wishing a 57 year old Michael Jordan would be more pro-black. Let it go.
People who are on my side, would have never posed a question in that manner.
There is a term that came out of Bed Stuy, Brooklyn during the early era of Hip Hop in the early seventies.

Don't sleep.

It speaks to not allowing people to make you feel too comfortable, even people who claim to look like you.
Don't fall asleep around them, because that is when they will make their move.

That said, my physique is that of my own, I am proud of it. I am never worried about who or what I will attract due to my fit exterior, nor ever threatened. If a man digs me? Cool. If a Woman digs me? Cool. However, my conscience is where I make my decisions. This is where someone like Jordan has failed while off the court. He made a conscious decision to allow himself to be seen gambling, even pitching quarters in a damned locker room, smoking cigars and drinking alcohol, yet would not allow himself to state that a white racist cracker would not get his endorsement, in a state where even his own family still had resided in.

I love his game, loved his intensity and his not backing down, love his shoes as well. But Jordan is not someone I'd want to emulate if I needed inspiration to be a conscious individual.

Last edited:
Whhhaaattt-He’s the best Power Forward ever

526CD5AB-284F-455E-9031-0D272E7635E2.png
That had to be the competitive side of Duncan talking in regards to MJ.

Although, you can make a pretty valid argument that based off his facial expressions, nothing really impressed him lolol.

Is this a regular bit or is this something new you trying out?

Are you trying to invoke offense or is this just plain hate?
Micheal Jordan was a fantastic Basketball player. He was innovative in the fact that he took all that Dr.J offered, David Thompson as well, and a bit of Walter Davis, then rolled them all into one. Speed, agility, skill, he was the best of his generation. That said, where he failed was off the court. He will be remembered as being a great shoe salesman, but even though he grew up a few years after Brown v. Board of Ed was handed down, then living in a state which had a blatantly racist representative, Jordan never took the step to be conscious politically. However, he did choose to market himself, even allowing himself to be seen gambling, and then being an abusive teammate. The abuse that he is accused of was normalized through the coaching systems that gave birth to his game, Dean Smith, also Bobby Knight during the Olympics. With all of this being fact, Jordan was very comfortable with his status as an athlete, while also being incredibly supported by the Black community.

So are you suggesting that Jordan did not have any CONSCIOUS obligation to show support in the other direction, other than making nice sneakers?

That could be anyone's ankle. Post your handle, and state whether or not that you are Black.
@Methodical Management already reminded you that requesting information from people that they have not willingly provided is a breach of the privacy that we value on this website.

No one is required to tell you what race they are.

(I tagged him to save you the trouble.)

@Methodical Management already reminded you that requesting information from people that they have not willingly provided is a breach of the privacy that we value on this website.

No one is required to tell you what race they are.

(I tagged him to save you the trouble.)
He was talking about staff, which means you. Not members. You come in here as if there is only one person partaking in discussion here, yet you are ignoring the discussion in the other thread where someone is making racially insensitive remarks, which have been flagged several times. If someone is going to make a racially insensitive remark, I have a right to ask their race.

Interesting.

He was talking about staff
No, he wasn't.

If you don't believe me, ask Methodical Management Methodical Management if we are... or if you are... allowed to demand a non-staff member disclose their race.

What you thought he meant matters less than what he actually said.

PM him for clarification.

Everything else you said about me acting as if this or thinking that, none of that matters because the privilege you display in thinking that your interpretation is the end all, be all, it's not worth countering.

No, he wasn't.

If you don't believe me, ask Methodical Management Methodical Management if we are... or if you are... allowed to demand a non-staff member disclose their race.

What you thought he meant matters less than what he actually said.

PM him for clarification.

Everything else you said about me acting as if this or thinking that, none of that matters because the privilege you display in thinking that your interpretation is the end all, be all it's not worth countering.
I will ask him to clarify. But you will not, not you in particular, come into a thread while speaking of the Black experience as if you have first hand knowledge, while being white. This is what is being done here, when people speak of the relationships between Black women and Black men. I have a right to ask the question of where they have gotten their perspective, especially if that opinion is filtered through a stereotype.

Best Basketball player of his time, too bad that Greg Popovich is more vocal about the injustices that Black people face than he, and Jordan is no longer playing!

Best Basketball player of his time, too bad that Greg Popovich is more vocal about the injustices that Black people face than he, and Jordan is no longer playing!

And this is a great thing.. need more white people to speak out against the things that are happening, especially those in high profile positions with influence

With this whole pandemic and staying in, working from home, I'm glad I have this series to look forward to every Sunday Night.

Before every show, I like to kick back and blow some smoke.

I've also been taking my Jordans out the closet, and taking pics.

Is anyone else buying kicks every week? :lol:

I don't give him (or Kerr) pats on the back for saying what they do. Always found it pandering.

With this whole pandemic and staying in, working from home, I'm glad I have this series to look forward to every Sunday Night.

Before every show, I like to kick back and blow some smoke.

I've also been taking my Jordans out the closet, and taking pics.

Is anyone else buying kicks every week? :lol:
And then what do you do with the pictures and the shoes?

Back
Top Bottom