The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should start inputting who our teams are in our signatures. Some of y'all gonna have the whole conference.

26_4623869.jpg

That was in reference to RT addressing Kaepernick going about things differently. I haven't seen an article or anything about that, only saw it posted in here.

Foster said around the same thing yesterday though, read that one. If anyone hasn't it was on PFT I think. Good read.

“There is nothing you can do,” Tannehill said. “That’s a guy’s right to take a stance in how he sees fit. That’s his right as an American. Obviously some people agree with it. Some people disagree with it. That’s just the way it is. But he felt like that was his best way on taking a stand on things that are going on in America at this time. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but he felt like taking a stand so that’s what he did.”

-Tannehill

“I don’t necessarily see that as a solution to anything,” Foster said. “This is me talking. This is Arian talking. If that’s what he felt, that’s his form of protest, I support his right to protest. Those are his thoughts, his opinions.”

Foster continued: “I understand 100 percent what he’s doing. He’s frustrated, just like me. He’s just like my brother. He’s just like my cousins out there. He’s frustrated. It’s hard seeing people get murdered and killed without repercussions.”

Foster’s No. 1 issue with the rash of police shootings is a lack of value granted to the lives lost. Cops who fire their service weapons are rarely prosecuted. And news outlets are quick to publish a mug shot and criminal record if the victim has one.

“I’m active in the communities. I try to educate young brothers that are in gangs and victims of what people don’t understand — this is a systemic problem that’s been going on for generations.

“If you think about it, Marvin Gaye had a great song, “Inner City Blues,” where he said ‘trigger-happy policing.’ That same sentiment is being said 40 years later. Is everybody crazy, or is something actually going on? I think that’s the dialogue that Colin Kaepernick is trying to get started. Would I not stand up for the pledge [of allegiance]? Me? No. I don’t see the correlation, in my opinion. But I understand what he’s doing. The backlash that he’s getting, that’s what I don’t understand. Sports have been used for protest for years.”

He’s received many tweets from people saying that if he doesn’t like this country, he can leave.

To that, he responded: “What do you mean? Where can I go? ... African Americans are the only people in America who don’t have a heritage, because of slavery. We’re descendants of genocide, and people don’t like to talk about that. It’s the truth. We’re the descendants of genocide. So when you say, ‘You can leave,’ where to? I don’t know where my people come from. Am I from the Congo? Am I from Kenya? Am I from the Ivory Coast?

“I have no idea where my lineage comes from, and that is a huge issue as to why there’s a self-identity crisis in our neighborhoods. We’re taught to hate ourselves for generations. And people are just quick to say, ‘Get over it. Get over it. Slavery happened a long time ago.’ I grew up in a domestically violent household. There are effects that I grew up with and had to deal with emotional issues growing up with domestic violence in my house. That’s one generation removed. Now here’s 300 years of slavery, you’ve seen your people get people, have them told you aren’t anything. Written in laws that they’re three-fifths a human being for 300 years. You’re telling me there’s no psychological effects that won’t trickle down in your bloodline? Of course there are. Until this country addresses is, this will happen.”

-Foster

Doesn't seem like the same feelings to me but maybe i missed it.

Wow these were not the same feelings at allllllllllllll :lol: :lol:

Can't embed the link right now (somebody may have already posted this earlier, idk), but what Stan Verrett said was spot on

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/stan-verrett-on-kaepernick-lets-pay-as-much-attention-1785928720

And if anybody has any back-pedaling type disagreements with that
07c0838709249a11819f74e294c79a34.520x293x49.gif

You're basically more concerned with a flag and a song than people's lives and legitimate issues

Last edited:
I did.

I also said I was going off of what another NTer said and didn't see any articles of what RT said, only read what Arian said yesterday.

First paragraph on both are similar as well. saying essentially the same thing. It's Kaep's right to protest how he wants.

Alright, this Kaep **** needs to be in another thread for real. Friendly conversation about AWG, movies, TV and beer is one thing...this has turned into any black poster in here that thinks Kaep is 100% right about the way he went about what he did is right and anybody else (including other black people) that has a different opinion about what he did is wrong, "hiding behind their words", if they're black they don't care about helping black people, and/or is a racist. Something needs to be done about this for real.
I don't fit that all or nothing criteria you speak of, but I am sympathetic towards Kap's protest and reasoning for his stance. I think it's laughable that all these public figures are clawing ahead of each other to make their voices heard about Kap sitting down yet are NOWHERE to be found when it deals w/ the main subject. That's when they "don't want to get into politics" or whatever. The transparency is real there.
grin.gif

I'm not African-American either, since that might matter to you.

Y'all know who I root for. I don't **** with Rodney as a person. Never have, never will.

He's even more of a scumbag the couple times I've heard him in this weekly segment on local radio.

Last edited:
I did.

I also said I was going off of what another NTer said and didn't see any articles of what RT said, only read what Arian said yesterday.

First paragraph on both are similar as well. saying essentially the same thing. It's Kaep's right to protest how he wants.

Soooooo we just gonna ignore everything else Arian said? Which in turn made his statement VERY different than tannehill's

From me - "If anyone hasn't it was on PFT I think. Good read." in reference to Arian Foster.

Had I not said anything, most likely people wouldn't have read it.

Again... "I also said I was going off of what another NTer said and didn't see any articles of what RT said, only read what Arian said yesterday."

Their opening statements are the same. That was all that was being said... but narrative. Dont focus on literally everything else I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, this Kaep **** needs to be in another thread for real. Friendly conversation about AWG, movies, TV and beer is one thing...this has turned into any black poster in here that thinks Kaep is 100% right about the way he went about what he did is right and anybody else (including other black people) that has a different opinion about what he did is wrong, "hiding behind their words", if they're black they don't care about helping black people, and/or is a racist. Something needs to be done about this for real.
Have you heard the people's arguments for why they don't agree with Kaep? They don't acknowledge the truth of police brutality. Most of them deflect from the facts in Colin's statements, saying he's privileged,he should go to another country, or they don't respect him anymore.

View media item 2149119
This guy killed a bunch of innocent blacks and burned a flag yet I hear way more about Kaep on the news. It's disgusting. Son is burning flags but Kaep won't stand and now he gotta leave and doesn't know his place or respect. People are out of their minds. Didn't hear any white people complain about him burning the flag.

I appreciated that quote from Rodney Harrison. Exposes himself for the dumb *** that he is. Rodney just as light as he is and you know damn well Colin was going through **** being around only white people growing up.

SportsPickle
‏@sportspickle

Rodney Harrison is loved by Patriots fans. So there's a case to be made that he can't possibly be black either.

:lol: :lol:

basically harrison said that kaepernick isn't black enough. 'mixed race' doesn't count. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...epernick-not-black/172krqv16ji66153ho89cy75i5

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Bob Marley= Mixed race

Malcolm X = Mixed race

Fredrick Douglas = Mixed race

Should I go on or do y'all get the point this is hilarious not saying that Colin is like any of these people but that's just stupid to say.

i don't want to hear **** about Pats fans agreeing with Rodney Harrison. Rodney is getting CRUSHED on local sports talk in Boston for his comments :lol:

From me - "If anyone hasn't it was on PFT I think. Good read." in reference to Arian Foster.

Had I not said anything, most likely people wouldn't have read it.

Again... "I also said I was going off of what another NTer said and didn't see any articles of what RT said, only read what Arian said yesterday."

Their opening statements are the same. That was all that was being said... but narrative. Dont focus on literally everything else I said.

What else have you said that i'm ignoring ?

You were upset about people not liking what brees and ryan had to say and you made it seem as if ryan and arian felt the same and wanted people to refer to Arian as a clown etc too

I simply showed the difference in their statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom