The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this Kaep **** needs to be in another thread for real. Friendly conversation about AWG, movies, TV and beer is one thing...this has turned into any black poster in here that thinks Kaep is 100% right about the way he went about what he did is right and anybody else (including other black people) that has a different opinion about what he did is wrong, "hiding behind their words", if they're black they don't care about helping black people, and/or is a racist. Something needs to be done about this for real.

How are these men, most of them white, going to tell a black man how he should protest the mistreatment of black people?

He did it in a peaceful way that was also on a platform to generate enough attention.

Any white person who has a problem with what he did is part of the problem, any black person who has a problem with what he did is misinformed.

Knowing the history of this country and the anthem itself, there is no reason any black person should ever be made to stand or respect it.

I agree it was peaceful.
I'm white... so that means I shouldn't have an opinion with a statement from a Man who happens to be black even though the statements he are giving literally affect everyone in the country?

Fun fact, like Kaep, my son is half balck/half white. Should I care more or less? Because people are "more black" then Kaep is should they be held at fault for not bringing more awareness? In your opinion are they cowards but Kaep is the "hero" or whatever terminologies you'd want to use?

You... and this isn't only you... are saying "Any white person who has a problem with what he did is part of the problem, any black person who has a problem with what he did is misinformed."

Not only is it both parties right to have a problem with it, it is in their rights to say something about it. To act on it by Not sitting down because they have a choice to do so. And you saying otherwise makes you a hypocrite, power to Kaepernick to make this choice but not other people??

I say the problem with people using the freedoms that this country allows... like having an opinion, being able to express that opinion in a manner such as Kaepernick did and not respecting and listening to what each other has to say is the problem.

Again... this isn't just you, I've seen this from so many people. I will also retort, I have Zero problem with what he said. Having the platform thag he does, good on him for saying something.

On a complete side note, everything I said to do with the human being (Kaep) stands. That won't change for me.

Romo absolutely still has trade value ...it's teams out here would still welcome a washed Peyton if he decided to come back ...the Broncos just picked a random dude to start cuz they foolishly thought they were ok with Sanchez :lol:

Them other teams Olines would get him killed if Dallas got him injured this much and they protected him too.Its def teams that would welcome a washed Peyton back .Peyton vision and arm had vanished unlike Romo who is being held together by glue :lol:

Denver OLine is already shaky. You want Romo to die on the field lol

Last edited:
Another person proves my point.
One person (Kaep) can state their opinion, but when others do they are "clowns", "wack", "lame"...

I haven't seen many actually in the NFL disagree with what he specifically said, just their opinion to go about it in a different way.

You either respect and take all opinions with regards to the Kaepernick situation or you're a hypocrite. Only Kaep has the right to exercise his freedoms? Only Kaep has the right to speak what's on his mind? Makes no sense to me... but if it doesn't fit people's narrative I guess the other side HAS to be wrong.

Until it crosses a line (racial slurs and bashing, physical violence, etc...) I don't get why the two aren't equal. I mean... I do but...

using your logic...

If Brees and Tannehill are entitled to the right to tell a black man how to handle oppression ( :rolleyes )....

Isn't Grimey entitled to his opinion that they're lame?

Frankly I say **** anyone who's offended by Kaepernick's actions.

Neither of them dudes open their mouths about police gunning down black people but NOW they have an opinion on something, all the while ignoring what made him sit in the first place.

Dudes are a joke.

Of course he's entitled to it.
But it's ok for one side to have an opinion, and in his statement it's NOT ok for the other. That's what's hypocritical.

It's been happening for years and years... neither did Kaep until now.

People also just think players are openly talking about it and giving an opinion instead of the media bating them into talking about it. Do they NEED to say anything? No. Would love to see that headline though... "Philip Rivers declines comment on Kaepernick situation: does he not agree?" Easy and instant click bait.

I saw Arian Foster said something along the lines of the same thing RT said... is he a clown and wack as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
What platform or other way should he go about it tho ? He's just sitting down for a few mins ...it's really about the message but it's ppl ( most of em white) that are outraged about the act n some of us know the anger ain't really about that but about the fact that a person of color has the audacity to do something in front of them ...they don't wanna see or think about our problems, so they get upset when we speak up in public

Romo absolutely still has trade value ...it's teams out here would still welcome a washed Peyton if he decided to come back ...the Broncos just picked a random dude to start cuz they foolishly thought they were ok with Sanchez :lol:

Them other teams Olines would get him killed if Dallas got him injured this much and they protected him too.Its def teams that would welcome a washed Peyton back .Peyton vision and arm had vanished unlike Romo who is being held together by glue :lol:

Denver OLine is already shaky. You want Romo to die on the field lol
The man Romo himself doesn't wanna let it go ! He literally trying to leave it all on the field :lol:

But it's ok for one side to have an opinion, and in his statement it's NOT ok for the other. That's what's hypocritical.

People also just think players are openly talking about it and giving an opinion instead of the media bating them into talking about it. Do they need to say anything? No.

I saw Arian Foster said something along the lines of the same thing RT said... is he a clown and wack as well?

ryan tannehill addressed police brutality against blacks?

Alright, this Kaep **** needs to be in another thread for real. Friendly conversation about AWG, movies, TV and beer is one thing...this has turned into any black poster in here that thinks Kaep is 100% right about the way he went about what he did is right and anybody else (including other black people) that has a different opinion about what he did is wrong, "hiding behind their words", if they're black they don't care about helping black people, and/or is a racist. Something needs to be done about this for real.

Gotta disagree bud.
We talk about everything and over the years there has been some heated and bordeline discussions. That's just been this group... so far it's been respectful.

I wholeheartedly believe taking issue with what Kaepernick did is just a deflection technique to avoid actually addressing the real issue, it's the same old song.

"Go about it a different way" is just code for do something that won't be so in my face so I can quietly dismiss it.

People also just think players are openly talking about it and giving an opinion instead of the media bating them into talking about it. Do they need to say anything? No.

ryan tannehill addressed police brutality against blacks?

That was in reference to RT addressing Kaepernick going about things differently. I haven't seen an article or anything about that, only saw it posted in here.

Foster said around the same thing yesterday though, read that one. If anyone hasn't it was on PFT I think. Good read.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't tell someone how to protest, especially when you can't do it more peaceful than what he's doing. I loved what Stan Verrett, Jim Brown and CC Sabathia said. More athletes should be showing support. Protesting is meant for you to pick a side and majority of the people are more offended that he's not standing to a flag and not the innocent minorities being killed by the police.

Exactly.

That's why I have a problem with anybody who has a problem with what he did.

You think a flag with some false ideals of a country that we don't even resemble is more important than the genocide of black AMERICANS by the hands of those sworn to protect and serve.

Nationalism in this country is the same as white supremacy, if you don't see the parallels then I don't know what to tell you.

This country has been steeped in racism/sexism/classism/violence and continues to be molded by it.

Anybody who wants to celebrate that in 2016 when we should be moving towards progress is an impediment.

I wholeheartedly believe taking issue with what Kaepernick did is just a deflection technique to avoid actually addressing the real issue, it's the same old song.

"Go about it a different way" is just code for do something that won't be so in my face so I can quietly dismiss it.

Exactly.

He didn't disrespect anybody but the system that devalues black lives after they take from them.

The United States isn't a person, real people are dying because of what Kap is talking about, it ends there.

There isn't no "different" way, it needs to be protested at every turn.

That was in reference to RT addressing Kaepernick going about things differently. I haven't seen an article or anything about that, only saw it posted in here.

Foster said around the same thing yesterday though, read that one. If anyone hasn't it was on PFT I think. Good read.

“There is nothing you can do,” Tannehill said. “That’s a guy’s right to take a stance in how he sees fit. That’s his right as an American. Obviously some people agree with it. Some people disagree with it. That’s just the way it is. But he felt like that was his best way on taking a stand on things that are going on in America at this time. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but he felt like taking a stand so that’s what he did.”

-Tannehill

“I don’t necessarily see that as a solution to anything,” Foster said. “This is me talking. This is Arian talking. If that’s what he felt, that’s his form of protest, I support his right to protest. Those are his thoughts, his opinions.”

Foster continued: “I understand 100 percent what he’s doing. He’s frustrated, just like me. He’s just like my brother. He’s just like my cousins out there. He’s frustrated. It’s hard seeing people get murdered and killed without repercussions.”

Foster’s No. 1 issue with the rash of police shootings is a lack of value granted to the lives lost. Cops who fire their service weapons are rarely prosecuted. And news outlets are quick to publish a mug shot and criminal record if the victim has one.

“I’m active in the communities. I try to educate young brothers that are in gangs and victims of what people don’t understand — this is a systemic problem that’s been going on for generations.

“If you think about it, Marvin Gaye had a great song, “Inner City Blues,” where he said ‘trigger-happy policing.’ That same sentiment is being said 40 years later. Is everybody crazy, or is something actually going on? I think that’s the dialogue that Colin Kaepernick is trying to get started. Would I not stand up for the pledge [of allegiance]? Me? No. I don’t see the correlation, in my opinion. But I understand what he’s doing. The backlash that he’s getting, that’s what I don’t understand. Sports have been used for protest for years.”

He’s received many tweets from people saying that if he doesn’t like this country, he can leave.

To that, he responded: “What do you mean? Where can I go? ... African Americans are the only people in America who don’t have a heritage, because of slavery. We’re descendants of genocide, and people don’t like to talk about that. It’s the truth. We’re the descendants of genocide. So when you say, ‘You can leave,’ where to? I don’t know where my people come from. Am I from the Congo? Am I from Kenya? Am I from the Ivory Coast?

“I have no idea where my lineage comes from, and that is a huge issue as to why there’s a self-identity crisis in our neighborhoods. We’re taught to hate ourselves for generations. And people are just quick to say, ‘Get over it. Get over it. Slavery happened a long time ago.’ I grew up in a domestically violent household. There are effects that I grew up with and had to deal with emotional issues growing up with domestic violence in my house. That’s one generation removed. Now here’s 300 years of slavery, you’ve seen your people get people, have them told you aren’t anything. Written in laws that they’re three-fifths a human being for 300 years. You’re telling me there’s no psychological effects that won’t trickle down in your bloodline? Of course there are. Until this country addresses is, this will happen.”

-Foster

Doesn't seem like the same feelings to me but maybe i missed it.

How are these men, most of them white, going to tell a black man how he should protest the mistreatment of black people?

He did it in a peaceful way that was also on a platform to generate enough attention.

Any white person who has a problem with what he did is part of the problem, any black person who has a problem with what he did is misinformed.

Knowing the history of this country and the anthem itself, there is no reason any black person should ever be made to stand or respect it.
yup..

like the people who take offense to the simple statement "black lives matter"

no where in the statement does it say "only" or "no other".. but of course you got the folks who take it that way.. as if you need to qualify it with "should" or "too"

manning could stay on the field though.. Romo can't take a hit.. Dude needs to retire for his own good. There's life after football..

manning could stay on the field though.. Romo can't take a hit.. Dude needs to retire for his own good. There's life after football..
manning and his brother might set receivers up to get killed..

but peyton wasn't taking any unnecessary risks.. dude was getting down with the swiftest.. and/or if dudes were getting close throwing it in the general vicinity of a receiver

SportsPickle‏@sportspickle

Rodney Harrison is loved by Patriots fans. So there's a case to be made that he can't possibly be black either.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

basically harrison said that kaepernick isn't black enough. 'mixed race' doesn't count. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...epernick-not-black/172krqv16ji66153ho89cy75i5

Harrison is a dweeb and an idiot.

Appreciated him as a player but would've been fine to never hear him utter a word off the field.

Rookie CB Vernon Hargreaves III is looking like a star already.

While expectations must be tempered when it comes to preseason success, there’s been a lot to like with Bucs’ rookie CB Vernon Hargreaves, and that continued last night. Hargreaves saw the most snaps he’s seen all preseason and his strong play didn’t let up at all. He was targeted just four times in 27 coverage snaps, and allowed just one reception for two yards. That reception was a check-down throw as the Bucs played soft defense on a third-and-long. Hargreaves is our highest-graded corner this preseason, and his 0.04 yards per coverage snap allowed is far and away the league’s best mark.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cle-tb-grades-winston-evans-hargreaves-all-star-in-bucs-win/

:pimp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom