The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think he would make a stance on something that could jeopardize his career for a weeks worth of media attention?

Doesn't even make any sense. And just for the record he's acting like Bron, Wade, Melo, etc. didn't face any backlash from the same segment of the population for their stances at the ESPYS or with the "I Can't Breathe" shirts. I think it's silly to assume he's just doing this for attention, especially since it's been majority negative.

I don't remember any backlash from that? Especially with the ESPY's. They were instantly backed up and praised all over social media.

So you think he would make a stance on something that could jeopardize his career for a weeks worth of media attention?
He was losing the starting job to Blaine Gabbert and no one wanted to trade for him so he was forced to stay in San Fran

You are talking like this is 2013 Kap
Thank you for proving my point. If "he has one foot out the league" already, why would he do something that could get him blackballed. 2013 Kaep could do it and would have doubt he would be on the team, nevertheless, in the league.

Dude tackled him with one arm by locking the RB's arm that he was carrying ball in...backhanded. :lol:

I need to see that again.

Last edited:
If he wanted attention that bad, couldn't he have just demanded a trade, said he hated his coach or the GM? I feel like that would get him plenty of attention for weeks.

He already did that and no one wanted him

Thank you for proving my point. If "he has one foot out the league" already, why would he do something that could get him blackballed. 2013 Kaep could do it and would have doubt he would be on the team, nevertheless, in the league.

Or we could look at it the other way like someone said that this brings him attention

Press is press

Last edited:
If he wanted attention that bad, couldn't he have just demanded a trade, said he hated his coach or the GM? I feel like that would get him plenty of attention for weeks.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but I'm pretty sure he already tried that and it didn't work :lol:

I also never heard a single word of bad press from what Bron and them did at the ESPYS

If you choose to focus on the motive rather than the message that isnt on Kaep

Bomani spoke some truth on MSNBC about the contrast on the ESPY speech and what Kaep did.

So what could have Kaep done? Because the way y'all are talking, because his isn't the starting QB, he shouldn't use his platform as a NFL to display it in anyway. Had he made those comments in a post or pre-game interview, y'all still would say it was for attention.

eyes.gif

I still dont understand how Stave even got the opportunity to be walking anywhere near players with the likes of Adrian Peterson. To even step on the same practice field. Blows my mind.

Last edited:
I still dont understand how Stave even got the opportunity to be walking anywhere near players with the likes of Adrian Peterson. To even step on the same practice field. Blows my mind.

State of affairs for backup/3rd string Q's these...Speaking of, though...Mike Bercovici! I liked him at ASU. Glad he found a roster.

Last edited:
Truthfully I feel if tables had turned and Blaine Gabbert did the actions, we wouldn't question if it was "genuine or not"

....and he's battling for the same QB position as Kaep

Last edited:

Agree 100% Crazy how he holds all those wisco records. If only he could of thrown an accurate deep ball badgers could of been something

Truthfully I feel if tables had turned and Blaine Gabbert did the actions, we wouldn't question if it was "genuine or not"

....and he's battling for the same QB position as Kaep

Honest question if somebody like BG or a diff white player who hadnt struggled growing up did a protest for oppressed inner city people would majority of black/white people embrace him or say he doesnt understand?

Last edited:
If you choose to focus on the motive rather than the message that isnt on Kaep

Bomani spoke some truth on MSNBC about the contrast on the ESPY speech and what Kaep did.

Link me

And yes, there were rumors about him wanting a trade and stuff. I'm saying if he wanted attention, he could have said all of that himself. Would have been headlines if he ripped the coaches and owner himself. Did a sit down or whatever. He could have done plenty of safer things for attention.

Last edited:

So what exactly do you think Kaep's motive was and do you really think him not standing up for the National Anthem is going to do anything other than to make more people dislike him?

So what exactly do you think Kaep's motive was and do you really think him not standing up for the National Anthem is going to do anything other than to make more people dislike him?
I don't know what his motives where and neither do you what we do know is what he actually said and I am much more concerned with that. Him not standing up for the national anthem doesn't need to do anything it's something he is deciding to do because he is not comfortable with doing that with his current mindset. It was not a call to arms for others to do the same people asked him why he won't do it and he explained why and didn't mince his words about it.

And if more people dislike him for not standing and saying this is his reason why...
 "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color...To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
That says more about them than it does about him.

I just want Kaep to do more than just sit for an anthem. if he's serious about this, what else is he doing? people are already talking about these issues, but not many are actually doing anything about it. curious as to what his next move is. i do think it's a great first step, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom