The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how people can call others idiots for thinking Kaps actions might not be totally genuine. What makes you so 100% sure? Just because the message he's attempting to make might be for a good reason doesn't automatically mean he might not be making this about himself.

There's been many athletes who have made their voices heard on the matter. Especially in the NBA with guys like LeBron and Melo. They did so effectively without starting another race war on my facebook feed :smh: Just looking at the route Kap chose to take given his current situation it's hard to ignore that it's a little peculiar. Maybe he's genuine. But it's still weird.
just the fact that u used race war I know u white ...keep it a 100

You know this may sound cheesy but it's nice to see people just talk about the issue like normal human beings. Any reasonable and decent human being all want the same thing. Gaining perspective to understand both sides is the most efficient way to make progress.

After the **** that went down in Milwaukee the other week there was an all out race war for a full week on my facebook feed. When I was in high school and facebook first became a thing, you added EVERYBODY, just to add them. Even if you've never spoken to each other. We had a program where inner city kids were bussed in to the suburbs. I have friends on both sides and watched friendships from both sides evaporate. Comments and statuses like "I can't believe i was friends with so many racists in high school" And now its happening again. It's a bummer that Facebook is a tool to communicate but there's currently such huge disconnect. Facebook has become an absolute circus in general. in my personal experience anyway.

This thread is cool.

Last edited:
I just want Kaep to do more than just sit for an anthem. if he's serious about this, what else is he doing? people are already talking about these issues, but not many are actually doing anything about it. curious as to what his next move is. i do think it's a great first step, though.

He's been doing charity work but specifically regarding police brutality which he specifically addressees, what would you like him to do. What most of these athletes are doing is trying to use their status to bring awareness more and more to the issue, because nothing seems to have changed. A deep systemic problem isn't going to be changed overnight, especially when the powers at be don't want it to change. So it's not just as simple as what else is he doing. A real dialogue and acknowledgement of how things are would be a start.

Last edited:
I'm in my bag cuz the fact is when any of us speaks out its AlLWAYS a problem but y'all wanna talk that the 2016 everybody equal ****..it's not n u can be blind to that if u want but idc I'm glad somebody saying something

If you choose to focus on the motive rather than the message that isnt on Kaep

Bomani spoke some truth on MSNBC about the contrast on the ESPY speech and what Kaep did.

Link me

And yes, there were rumors about him wanting a trade and stuff. I'm saying if he wanted attention, he could have said all of that himself. Would have been headlines if he ripped the coaches and owner himself. Did a sit down or whatever. He could have done plenty of safer things for attention.
Truthfully I feel if tables had turned and Blaine Gabbert did the actions, we wouldn't question if it was "genuine or not"

....and he's battling for the same QB position as Kaep

Honest question if somebody like BG or a diff white player who hadnt struggled growing up did a protest for oppressed inner city people would majority of black people embrace him or say he doesnt understand?

Would be by the majority, that would be without question.

Hahahaha Hahahaha
It just happened this the only link I could find

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/gpqqx

Bomani also stated that they made sure to appease both ends of the spectrum and were careful to not "offend"

While I think what Melo and them dude was good to push the message, it shouldnt be used to denounce the approach Kaep did

Last edited:
Fox double header with SNF ta boot. I'm in midseason form. :lol:

my man 651 trying his damnedest to keep us on track :lol:

I just want Kaep to do more than just sit for an anthem. if he's serious about this, what else is he doing? people are already talking about these issues, but not many are actually doing anything about it. curious as to what his next move is. i do think it's a great first step, though.

He's been doing charity work but specifically regarding police brutality which he specifically addressees, what would you like him to do. What most of these athletes are doing is trying to use their status to bring awareness more and more to the issue, because nothing seems to have changed. A deep systemic problem isn't going to be changed overnight, especially when the powers at be don't want it to change. So it's not just as simple as what else is he doing.

agreed it's not an overnight fix. but i don't think sitting during an anthem or posting on facebook is going to do a damn thing to change any of this. didn't jordan donate money to organizations working to fix some of these police brutality issues the country is dealing with? i know jordan is has money coming out of his ears, but that's actually something. i don't know what else Kaep should do. but i do know sitting for an anthem isn't going to do anything at all really.

again, i do think it's a good start. i think it takes major balls for him to do what he did, especially given his situation. but follow through on it. otherwise it does look like a move for press in the eyes of many. it's the same as the facebook posters who get all up in arms over different incidents or issues but then go on living their perfect little lives.

EDIT: just to add on to what Jay02 was saying, my facebook/timeline is a mess with all the reactions and tweets that are being retweeted and shared. i can see why frshtuna is pissed. it's pretty ridiculous how people are reacting to what Kaep did.

Last edited:
:lol: it's literally impossible for some of yall to hear another opinion that's different than yours without going 0-100....

Until sports dudes are basically willing to pull what Nba guys pulled way back when to get free agency.. Players won't really really REALLY be taken seriously

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/02/13/the-all-star-game-that-nearly-wasnt/

If you choose to focus on the motive rather than the message that isnt on Kaep

Bomani spoke some truth on MSNBC about the contrast on the ESPY speech and what Kaep did.

Link me

And yes, there were rumors about him wanting a trade and stuff. I'm saying if he wanted attention, he could have said all of that himself. Would have been headlines if he ripped the coaches and owner himself. Did a sit down or whatever. He could have done plenty of safer things for attention.
Truthfully I feel if tables had turned and Blaine Gabbert did the actions, we wouldn't question if it was "genuine or not"

....and he's battling for the same QB position as Kaep

Honest question if somebody like BG or a diff white player who hadnt struggled growing up did a protest for oppressed inner city people would majority of black people embrace him or say he doesnt understand?

Would be by the majority, that would be without question.

It just happened this the only link I could find

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/gpqqx

Bomani also stated that they made sure to appease both ends of the spectrum and were careful to not "offend"

While I think what Melo and them dude was good to push the message, it shouldnt be used to denounce the approach Kaep did

Love the way Kaep basically said "I know this is gonna upset some folks but that's on them, I don't give a damn" :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
I'm in my bag cuz the fact is when any of us speaks out its AlLWAYS a problem but y'all wanna talk that the 2016 everybody equal ****..it's not n u can be blind to that if u want but idc I'm glad somebody saying something

When did I say anything about everything being equal for everybody. I havent said anything close to that. Maybe youre assuming instead of being open minded to what others are saying. No way youre going to get somebody to listen to you and understand your point if the 1st thing you do is call them all sorts of ******* and **** bois. Hostility rarely breeds positive change and it justifys those racist idiots behavior in their eyes.

Thanks for the link. Like what was said.

I'm a Knicks fan and a Carmelo fan. I think Carmelo is doing the most out of all NBA players.I love what he's doing but it's not as raw as what Kaep said. Carmelo and the players are still playing it safe.

I don't know if Kaep not standing is the right thing to do but at least it's something. We don't know what to do but I applaud anyone making an effort and risking it. I believe he's doing stuff off the field as well and I appreciate it.

Thanks for the link. Like what was said.

I'm a Knicks fan and a Carmelo fan. I think Carmelo is doing the most out of all NBA players.I love what he's doing but it's not as raw as what Kaep said. Carmelo and the players are still playing it safe.

I don't know if Kaep not standing is the right thing to do but at least it's something. We don't know what to do but I applaud anyone making an effort and risking it. I believe he's doing stuff off the field as well and I appreciate it.
But they mad cuz he said something ...free speech for everybody except certain groups right :lol:

I mean it's only been a day.

:lol: it's literally impossible for some of yall to hear another opinion that's different than yours without going 0-100....

This is something I try to work on as I get older but if someone tells me he's not oppressed, should leave the country or he's raised by white people, it's gonna be hard as hell to even accept your opinion. Not you in particular.

If Brady or Brees said this, is social media gonna be full of people telling them to leave the country? I highly doubt it.

U keep quoting me dummy ...if u do t like what in saying **** it ...u not gon be the 1st to not like me or what I say/do n u damn sure not the last ...we can keep going but u don't see **** how I see It, we ain't start the hostility this the climate y'all created when u decided to bring us on boats over here

Im ******* irish my family didnt bring nobody here on a boat. My family came on a damn boat themselves and were also treated like **** obviously not as bad as a slave but I def dont come from some entitled white plantation owners family. Dont put that **** on "us"

And who said I dont like you. I said if you have a valid point and want to convey that to people to start making a change and standing up against this oppression maybe you shouldnt start by insulting them and callin them out their name. You all assumption no action

Last edited:
U keep quoting me dummy ...if u do t like what in saying **** it ...u not gon be the 1st to not like me or what I say/do n u damn sure not the last ...we can keep going but u don't see **** how I see It, we ain't start the hostility this the climate y'all created when u decided to bring us on boats over here

Im ******* irish my family didnt bring nobody here on a boat. My family came on a damn boat themselves and were also treated like **** obviously not as bad as a slave but I def dont come from some entitled white plantation owners family. Dont put that **** on "us"
Now it's " we had almost as bad as the slaves" ...like clockwork, u checking all the boxes :lol:

I want to pick AZ as my NFC pick but I can't pick them with Palmer at QB. No way.

As I type this he throws a pick.

I want to see Brock get beat to the ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom