The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my man 651 trying his damnedest to keep us on track :lol:
agreed it's not an overnight fix. but i don't think sitting during an anthem or posting on facebook is going to do a damn thing to change any of this. didn't jordan donate money to organizations working to fix some of these police brutality issues the country is dealing with? i know jordan is has money coming out of his ears, but that's actually something. i don't know what else Kaep should do. but i do know sitting for an anthem isn't going to do anything at all really.

again, i do think it's a good start. i think it takes major balls for him to do what he did, especially given his situation. but follow through on it. otherwise it does look like a move for press in the eyes of many. it's the same as the facebook posters who get all up in arms over different incidents or issues but then go on living their perfect little lives.

EDIT: just to add on to what Jay02 was saying, my facebook/timeline is a mess with all the reactions and tweets that are being retweeted and shared. i can see why frshtuna is pissed. it's pretty ridiculous how people are reacting to what Kaep did.

It's funny you bring up MJ because for decades he's been criticized for not taking a stand on any social issues. The Facebook and social media buffoonery isn't a new phenomenon, I do credit Donald Drumpf for making them feel more bold than ever for letting their real feelings be shown. I too have had to delete many "friends" from high school and college over some despicable stuff they've said.

:lol: it's literally impossible for some of yall to hear another opinion that's different than yours without going 0-100....

This is something I try to work on as I get older but if someone tells me he's not oppressed, should leave the country or he's raised by white people, it's gonna be hard as hell to even accept your opinion. Not you in particular.

If Brady or Brees said this, is social media gonna be full of people telling them to leave the country? I highly doubt it.

What's the saying? Each one, teach one?

Not saying you, but rather than getting belligerent to the point where you're hurling insults amongst other things, use it as a teachable moment to share your opinion as to how someone may be offbase with their viewpoint.

There's something to be said about civil/constructive discussion. One in which someone may change their stance after reading something from a different perspective.

Now it's " we had almost as bad as the slaves" ...like clockwork, u checking all the boxes :lol:

:lol:. Again never said that. You hear what You want to and nothing else. History clearly documents the way native americans blacks italians irish muslims were treated when coming into contact with western Europeans in north america.

my man 651 trying his damnedest to keep us on track :lol:
agreed it's not an overnight fix. but i don't think sitting during an anthem or posting on facebook is going to do a damn thing to change any of this. didn't jordan donate money to organizations working to fix some of these police brutality issues the country is dealing with? i know jordan is has money coming out of his ears, but that's actually something. i don't know what else Kaep should do. but i do know sitting for an anthem isn't going to do anything at all really.

again, i do think it's a good start. i think it takes major balls for him to do what he did, especially given his situation. but follow through on it. otherwise it does look like a move for press in the eyes of many. it's the same as the facebook posters who get all up in arms over different incidents or issues but then go on living their perfect little lives.

EDIT: just to add on to what Jay02 was saying, my facebook/timeline is a mess with all the reactions and tweets that are being retweeted and shared. i can see why frshtuna is pissed. it's pretty ridiculous how people are reacting to what Kaep did.

It's funny you bring up MJ because for decades he's been criticized for not taking a stand on any social issues. The Facebook and social media buffoonery isn't a new phenomenon, I do credit Donald Drumpf for making them feel more bold than ever for letting their real feelings be shown. I too have had to delete many "friends" from high school and college over some despicable stuff they've said.

i can't speak on what kept Jordan quiet all these years. but i do think what's he done recently is more helpful than what others have done just speaking out. speaking out raises awareness, sure. but did Kaep really tell you anything you didn't already know? and anyone who didn't already know probably doesn't want to know. but regardless, good on the guy for trying.

yeah it's shocking what people will post on facebook or social media that shows you how they really feel. it's just shocking. i've dropped friends off facebook with a quickness because of some of the stuff they post.

Receiver was slowing down like it was underthrown...Get your butt to the corner pilon, it's a TD.

Last edited:
Idk what it is but the wait for the season to begin hasn't been as unbearable as it usually feels to me. It's already August 28th. The season will be here before you know it. Nice.

Eagles are cutting Chris givens.. Please dear lord baby Jesus tell me that, that doesn't mean randle is making the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom