The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid.

When we were littke kids in the backyard, we were more fair to what a catch really is than professional rules/refs.

Last edited:
so what exactly is a catch?

The way I see it, the ground can't cause a fumble, so it makes little sense that it can cause an incompletion. Not only that, but you always here Pereira and Carey talk about the "process" of a catch....That's half the issue. There ain't no process. A catch is the simultaneous action of a moving object coming to a complete stop -- in this case, being corralled by your hands. That's it. That's your process. No falling to the ground and what happens after.

That was a catch and so was Dez's

Agreed.

Skip and Shannon Sharpe show not sure how to react to that?!?!

Don't.. It's fox sports or whatever it's called.. No one cares

Fox pretty much like ESPN, except ppl actually care about non sports stuff on ESPN for some odd reason.. Fox sports is where careers go to die

ESPN got its radio lineup though, only non sports thing I tune into to ESPN for

so what exactly is a catch?

The way I see it, the ground can't cause a fumble, so it makes little sense that it can cause an incompletion. Not only that, but you always here Pereira and Carey talk about the "process" of a catch....That's half the issue. There ain't no process. A catch is the simultaneous action of a moving object coming to a complete stop -- in this case, being corralled by your hands. That's it. That's your process. No falling to the ground and what happens after.

View media item 2147482

Brock has had a pretty good game so far. I'm stunned.

It looked like the ball was loose before he hit the ground though. That call could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom