The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
felt like i could hear it pop just watching 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Liked what Charles Tillman said about Norman in Washington. Didn't sound confident at all in him.

You'll respond to this yet ain't gonna say **** to all those replies after you dropped those pics? I see you...

Do you feel oppressed in 2016? No matter where you go and what color or gender you are there's probably going to be at least one person that has something against you. Does this mean I should feel oppressed for the rest of my life? Cause as much as that sucks it's always going to be that way and there's some people you can never change.

Kaepernick was birthed by a 19 year old white chick, his black father peaced out before he was even born and without any help his mom had to give him up for adoption to a well-off white family where he lived a privileged life and was able to get a great education and be a 4.0 GPA student, offered all the opportunities in the world to earn his eventual Division 1 scholarship to a college where he became the starting quarterback and then drafted into the NFL where he's made millions already both on and off the field.

Does this sound like somebody that has any idea what oppression truly is? He's probably been given more opportunities to succeed than everybody in this entire thread. Him sitting down for his country's National Anthem is a lazy *** attempt to "show what he believes in." And I'm sorry but I never once heard a peep of Kaep feeling like this when he was actually a successful starting quarterback. This feels to me like either Kaep's last ditch opportunity at getting attention before he's out of the league or that he's so in love with his girl that everything she believes in has now become what he believes in.

You'll respond to this yet ain't gonna say **** to all those replies after you dropped those pics? I see you...

Do you feel oppressed in 2016? No matter where you go and what color or gender you are there's probably going to be at least one person that has something against you. Does this mean I should feel oppressed for the rest of my life? Cause as much as that sucks it's always going to be that way and there's some people you can never change.

Kaepernick was birthed by a 19 year old white chick, his black father peaced out before he was even born and without any help his mom had to give him up for adoption to a well-off white family where he lived a privileged life and was able to get a great education and be a 4.0 GPA student, offered all the opportunities in the world to earn his eventual Division 1 scholarship to a college where he became the starting quarterback and then drafted into the NFL where he's made millions already both on and off the field.

Does this sound like somebody that has any idea what oppression truly is? He's probably been given more opportunities to succeed than everybody in this entire thread. Him sitting down for his country's National Anthem is a lazy *** attempt to "show what he believes in." And I'm sorry but I never once heard a peep of Kaep feeling like this when he was actually a successful starting quarterback. This feels to me like either Kaep's last ditch opportunity at getting attention before he's out of the league or that he's so in love with his girl that everything she believes in has now become what he believes in.

You sound like you lived with this guy or know his whole up bringing?!?! How sway?!?!?

Empathy doesn't require having the exact experience as other people. It is entirely plausible that Kaepernick is capable of feeling empathy for the same people of his ethnicity who are systematically targeted and beaten down by politics, economics and police prejudice.

I don't think anyone in here is in a position to say that Kaepernick is or isn't honest in his position on the social injustice black and all colored people face in America each day. We know nothing about him beyond the celebrity image that is shaped by the media and his own output. I don't think it's fair to dismiss his point based on how little we know about his internal life.

Last edited:
Smh, I don't understand what he has to gain doing this now. This hurts his career and pockets. This is why athletes don't do it. He was definitely gonna be in the NFL after SF, not so sure about now. I'm sure he'll lose whatever endorsements he has left. I've also never heard his broad speak on any of this stuff. I'm sure he witnessed plenty of racism growing up in a white community and with a white family. Whether he's speaking about his own issues or issues he's witnessed for other minorities, it's appreciated and I applaud him for that. It's good to see someone finally speak up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom