The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Ryan isn't allowed to be a very good QB, he has to either suck or be elite, having any kind of grey area is strictly prohibited

#NTlogic
He's been in the gray area too...  I'm just talking about the extremes of year to year, kind of like Eli or Flacco who also ebb and flow widely depending on who's around them.  Overall looking at his career I would put him safely in the "good" camp.

Cian watches all the games, sometimes multiple times, and usually gifs 5-6 plays a game for explanations of what he's seeing/noticing. He'll also string a few games together when a run is happening. (Like him going thru Stafford's season earlier this week)

I've watched every single eagles game for the last 5 years..

every single game Jordan Matthews has played.. every single game carson wentz has played.. every single game chip Kelly coached as an eagles coach

I read a crap ton about my team.. and after games, read multiple articles with 'all 22' footage therein contained 

what I stated above is pretty simple and obvious to anyone who would have watched the team.. hell, you can just go through the comments on here during eagles games for commentary that fits with what I said

Uh huh. I've watched every Dolphins game for a million years, you listen to a word I say? Ok then.

Dudes on here don't like Matt Ryan. They'd rather give it to Carr (whose stats don't even come close to Ryan's) or Brady (cheater).
cause we talking 31 year old matt ryan, in his  9th season in the league..

while it is only carr's 3rd (at 25)

and brady, obviously, didn't play the first 4 games

I mean there is a little more context to all 3 of the people mentioned

Uh huh. I've watched every Dolphins game for a million years, you listen to a word I say? Ok then.
laugh.gif

I love Derek Carr but I would vote Matt Ryan over him if I had a vote right now

it could play out differently by the end of the season

Matt Ryan isn't allowed to be a very good QB, he has to either suck or be elite, having any kind of grey area is strictly prohibited

#NTlogic
He's been in the gray area too...  I'm just talking about the extremes of year to year, kind of like Eli or Flacco who also ebb and flow widely depending on who's around them.  Overall looking at his career I would put him safely in the "good" camp.

Ryan does not ebb and flow like Eli or Flacco. He's thrown for over 4500 yards every season since 2012. He's a great QB.

actually I do.. I listen to a lot of things you say.. doesn't mean I have to agree with everything you say

but I do generally respect your opinion.. and I will have a legit discussion about things with you

Last edited:
Ryan does not ebb and flow like Eli or Flacco. He's thrown for over 4500 yards every season since 2012. He's a great QB.
He's better than both.  But his surrounding talent has also been better (consistently) than either of them.

And yes, they've always thrown a lot.  His stats have always been pretty good.  But last year he has 21 TDs 16 picks this year 24 TD and 5 ints to date.  So he definitely has gone up and down within a range.

You're right though he never fell off a cliff for a season like those guys.  Maybe Rivers is a better comparison?

Last edited:
Matt Ryan success this year can be attributed to a few things. Our offensive line has been much approved this season compared to years last with just the addition to Alex Mack alone and other additions. The line is much more stable and Ryan has had time to through that he hasn't in years past. Also the skill positions have more depth than last year too Sanu is an upgrade from where Roddy was last year and Ryan has done a great job of distributing the ball with several games this season hitting 8+ receivers. Kyle Shanahan has also done a much better job this year of letting Matt control the offense and having better play calling and let Ryan run the no-huddle much more often which he has always done well. Also Matt Ryan has never been a bad QB he has always been good worthy of being a starer in the NFL. The situation with the offense skill positions and play calling is much better than it has been in a while especially compared to last year

it's ironic that the same Cowboy's fans caping for Zeke said Demarco was just a product of the o-line and wouldn't be missed

It's funny how eagles fans caping for wentz are tryna discredit Cain with the old "he doesn't watch the game" like the dude isnt known for his all 22 work...he's on the radio because of his all 22 work. But he "doesn't watch the games"

Then got the nerve to say zeke couldn't be successful elsewhere. Lol.

We talking bout fiction or we talking bout facts?? You wanna talk hypotheticals with Zeke, but discredit all the COLD HARD FACTS Cain brought up about wentz.

Can't wait to play y'all again...i see zeke still got more lessons to teach y'all hard heads.

Last edited:

Agreed.

He's nothing like flacco and Eli..

Well said Armada Armada , I love that you gave shanahan props. I think he's done a masterful job myself..

Last edited:
dude was entertaining.. not THAT big of a deal..

but I know even @The Collector
 has seen enough of wentz, Matthews (with chip and without), eagles oline (we played the skins 1st game without lane and a 5th round rookie starting at RT), eagles receiving options, dougie's offense and what dak is working with to get the points I made

I don't believe Wentz is Smith 2.0. I'm reserving judgment on him and Dak. I've seen first hand a rookie QB tear the league up and then fall off a cliff.

Last edited:
It's funny how eagles fans caping for wentz are tryna discredit Cain with the old "he doesn't watch the game" like the dude isn't known for his all 22 work...

We talking bout fiction or we talking bout facts?? You wanna talk hypotheticals with Zeke, but discredit all the COLD HARD FACTS Cain brought up about wentz.

Can't wait to play y'all again...i see zeke still got more lessons to teach y'all hard heads.

couldn't be successful somewhere else? of course he could be but not as successful as in Dallas his rookie year

if you think for a second Dak would do what he does in Philly, well then...

Cowboy's fans love to be humble when they suck or just say in their bunkers then they get good and out comes the chest puffing

My Lakers, My Cowboys...never change

Last edited:
who said zeke "couldn't be successful elsewhere"?

Quote:
 but discredit all the COLD HARD FACTS Cain brought up about wentz.
actually he never brought up a "cold hard fact" during the segment.. he never says 1 stat..

he makes comparisons, which sorta in its nature is a matter of opinion.. he doesn't really give a whole of context for the conclusions that he is coming to.. and with Jordan Matthews he is saying things that are fault out wrong.. also with the eagles Oline what he is saying is flat out wrong (he either said 'the eagles have a good Oline' or wentz 'is working with a good oline')

well he does make the overlap with doug perderson, which is a fact

you cant listen if you would like, it's towards the end:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18064623

dude's reasoning for Jordan Matthews dropping the ball is because dougie has him NOW operating in small windows and sometimes in the vicinity of LBs and/or players other than CBs..

anyone who has watched an eagles game this year, has seen the passes Jordan Matthews has dropped

and then he makes the comparison to what Jordan Matthews did under chip talking about him running deep routes and other BS.. again, jmatt has always operated out of the slot.. and this isn't the first year that jmatt has had issues with drops..

the only thing jmatt is really doing different under dougie, is running a bunch of bubble screens.. which are covered typically by DBs.. which isn't the point/excuse cian was making

Deadspin (@Deadspin)
22 mins ago - View on Twitter
DeAndre Levy's proudest moment In college: Breaking "dirtbag" Joe Paterno's leg.

Beat me to it. That's hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no sympathy for that scumbag.

Last edited:
"my Lakers, my cowboys" is all you got man. :lol:
Shame on me right?

I'm not gonna sit here and front like Zeke and dak aren't blessed to have the pieces around them that they do, particularly that Oline.

But miss me with the hypotheticals...miss me with _____can be doing the same thing here...

If it was that simple we wouldn't of went 4-12 last year...

Zeke is special and tailor made for this line...they complimenT one another perfectly...

-------

As far as the wentz is Alex Smith stuff...ill hold out judgement personally, but I don't find that to be the case (I also think Smith is a good qb)..

I was just calling you out on the "he must not watch eagles games" bs when dude is an all 22 savant...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom