The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
while what zeke is doing is impressive.. we also have to factor in how many carries he eventual ends up with.. plus the very huge advantage he has over a pretty much every RB, that Oline

How do you factor in his O-Line advantage?

Cian watches all the games, sometimes multiple times, and usually gifs 5-6 plays a game for explanations of what he's seeing/noticing. He'll also string a few games together when a run is happening. (Like him going thru Stafford's season earlier this week)
I've watched every single eagles game for the last 5 years..

every single game Jordan Matthews has played.. every single game carson wentz has played.. every single game chip Kelly coached as an eagles coach

I read a crap ton about my team.. and after games, read multiple articles with 'all 22' footage therein contained 

what I stated above is pretty simple and obvious to anyone who would have watched the team.. hell, you can just go through the comments on here during eagles games for commentary that fits with what I said

Last edited:

while what zeke is doing is impressive.. we also have to factor in how many carries he eventual ends up with.. plus the very huge advantage he has over a pretty much every RB, that Oline
How do you factor in his O-Line advantage?
that he has a pretty good situation going for him in that regard...

which is far more than todd gurley junior can say

Dak and Zeke won't win the MVP because their line is the true MVP. Put them in Seattle or New York and it would be night and day. Alfred Morris would put up similar numbers right now if you took away Zeke for the rest of the year.

demarco had 1,845 just 2 seasons ago (on 392 carries)

hell, ajayi has been impressive as hell and no one is talking about him being in that discussion for MVP with the dolphins having won 4 straight since he has become their primary option on that offense
I can't remember where Demarco finished but wasn't he still in the race? Plus that was one of Rodgers' seasons where he was like 39/5 with a stupid high rating.

It just depends on how everything falls. Ryans numbers are gonna be fat but that W-L record might hinder him. I can't think of too many MVP QBs with 9-7/10-6 records.

Dak and Zeke won't win the MVP because their line is the true MVP. Put them in Seattle or New York and it would be night and day. Alfred Morris would put up similar numbers right now if you took away Zeke for the rest of the year.
TBF almost anyone would struggle behind Seattle's line this season....  It's not exactly league average.  

I'm sure Dak and Zeke would do fine behind say, the Chiefs or Texans' line.

Last edited:
I don't look at it as a criticism of zeke when bringing up the success of the o-line. 

lets be serious here, would he be putting up the same numbers as a member of the rams? no. 

zeke is arguably the most explosive and powerful back in the league right now. his potential is through the roof of what he might be able to do on the field.

with that being said.. even with the absence of murray in the backfield last year the cowboys were still top 10 in the league in the run game (9th) with mcafadden, turbin, and randle as RB 1's. Dudes who wouldn't get the bulk of the carries on most NFL teams. 

I mean ****, mcfadden pretty much resurrected his career with the help of the o-line. 

Murray would most likely be putting up similar numbers to his 2014 season if he was still in Dallas.

just my two cents. 

Last edited:
that he has a pretty good situation going for him in that regard...

You also factor advantages/good situations in for the other candidates as well?

LOL.

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff, but it's pathetic.

I wouldn't same similar since morris doesn't have the long speed or the level of talent of zeke, obviously..

but zeke is averaging 5.1 yards per carry right now and morris is 4.0.. McFadden was 4.6 last year with those crap QBs (demarco was 4.7)

I figure morris' average would go up slightly with more carries (4.3 or 4.4) and McFadden should be back eventually, I assume

I don't look at it as a criticism of zeke when bringing up the success of the o-line. 

lets be serious here, would he be putting up the same numbers as a member of the rams? no. 

zeke is arguably the most explosive and powerful back in the league right now. his potential is through the roof of what he might be able to do on the field.

with that being said.. even with the absence of murray in the backfield last year the cowboys were still top 10 in the league in the run game (9th) with mcafadden, turbin, and randle as RB 1's. 

I mean ****, mcfadden pretty much resurrected his career with the help of the o-line. 

Murray would most likely be putting up similar numbers to his 2014 season if he was still in Dallas.

just my two cents. 
But thats the same vein as using other QBs lines and receivers against them. And most other QBs people are talking about have those working for them as well.

Hypotheticals are useless, man. Production is what people see. And the W-L record plays a part too. The Cowboys were 4-12 with the same line and different Rbs/Qbs and 2 rookies (one of them a 4th rounder) all of sudden play so much better than players deemed good enough to be NFL starters (backups in the QB case) that they might just flip that record entirely.

And this team can still finish better than the 2014 team that was "healthy", with those rookies.

would seem to be fair.. kinda how football works

So why don't we hear about Matt Ryan's O-Line or him having Julio Jones when talking about his MVP rank?

Dudes on here don't like Matt Ryan. They'd rather give it to Carr (whose stats don't even come close to Ryan's) or Brady (cheater).

Last edited:
I forgot who it was, but earlier in the season someone was trying to accredit Matt ryan's success to kyle shanahan 
laugh.gif

don't even entertain this stuff man, people who actually watch him know he's going to be a franchise QB, just brush it off
dude was entertaining.. not THAT big of a deal..

but I know even @The Collector  has seen enough of wentz, Matthews (with chip and without), eagles oline (we played the skins 1st game without lane and a 5th round rookie starting at RT), eagles receiving options, dougie's offense and what dak is working with to get the points I made

Last edited:
dude was entertaining.. not THAT big of a deal..

but I know even @The Collector
 as seen enough of wentz, Matthews (with chip and without), eagles oline (we played the skins 1st game without lane and a 5th round rookie starting), eagles receiving options, dougie's offense and what dak is working with to get the points I made

I don't entertain some Bleacher Report goober who looks like he played Magic cards his whole life

View media item 2232306

So why don't we hear about Matt Ryan's O-Line or him having Julio Jones when talking about his MVP rank?
Dudes on here don't like Matt Ryan. They'd rather give it to Carr (whose stats don't even come close to Ryan's) or Brady (cheater).
Matt Ryan is very competent but does he ever elevate the squad around him?  He was bad when his line was bad, elite when the surrounding talent is elite.  

Matt Ryan isn't allowed to be a very good QB, he has to either suck or be elite, having any kind of grey area is strictly prohibited

#NTlogic

would seem to be fair.. kinda how football works
we do and did.. a lot of people talk about Julio being the best WR currently.. sanu and those 2 RBs also get a lot of love.. I don't really care enough about the falcons to pay attention to more than that

it's why vegas had the line the way it did vs the eagles.. and a lot of pundits were talking about the eagles having a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom