The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now getting a chance to comment on Romo's press conference. 
mean.gif

He looked mad AF and it was a bad look IMO, and he sounded even worse.

I'm never down with a read off sheet unless you are at a Funeral.

If something happens to Dak though, Cowboy Nation is screwed because I don't believe Romo can take even ONE more hit, like at all.

I wish him well wherever he may end up if it isn't back on the IR w/ Dallas, though

Last edited:
Isaiah Pead lost part of his leg in that accident. He was speeding and had a blowout but no drugs or alcohol was involved.

Glad they both survived.

Just now getting a chance to comment on Romo's press conference. :smh:

If something happens to Dak though, Cowboy Nation is screwed because I don't believe Romo can take even ONE more hit, like at all.

I wish him well wherever he may end up if it isn't back on the IR w/ Dallas, though

A guy who broke his back and other bones playing for the cowboys, who has trained hard to come back to play for the team he loves, sees them with a qb that is probably not any better than himself, and then says that he will be the backup and not get in the way is a bad look? I must be living in a distorted reality.

I don't blame Romo for sounding a little emotional
Cowboys used to be his team
But it more sounds like he's coming to terms with reality and isn't mad at Dak
He's just disappointed he can't be the leader due to injuries and not having anything to show that he can take back the job

Last edited:
Just now getting a chance to comment on Romo's press conference. :smh:

A guy who broke his back and other bones playing for the cowboys, who has trained hard to come back to play for the team he loves, sees them with a qb that is probably not any better than himself, and then says that he will be the backup and not get in the way is a bad look? I must be living in a distorted reality.
The gesture was fine.
I just mumbled *bs* to myself as he read aloud.
Speeches such as that should be kept private or should come from the cuff, unrehearsed/not read from a sheet, shoot from the hip man, come from the heart, then I can hear you, feel you.

I really don't like the Zeke MVP thing. No disrespect to him but

A. RB depends directly ton offensive line probably more than any position to another in football

B. Cowboys have the best line by a huge margin

So he definitely doesn't stand out to me as most valuable player by any metric. It just doesn't make sense. If he breaks 2000 maybe.

I think it's lazy as hell to use oline as a knock on someone. That oline was there last year too, didn't make those bums they had playing offense any better.

Depending on where his numbers fall he's got a case, especially in a pass oriented era.

I think it's lazy as hell to use oline as a knock on someone. That oline was there last year too, didn't make those bums they had playing offense any better.

Depending on where his numbers fall he's got a case, especially in a pass oriented era.

Agreed on all counts (no shot at 100027 on the 'lazy' comment). Tho, I would quicker give Dak MVP honors.

Quote:

@ngreenberg:

Anon NFL exec has an odd theory: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ce-dak-prescott-has-look-of-an-all-time-great … via @mikefreemanNFL

View media item 2232025

Jesus :rofl: :smh:

[thread="651382"]:x [/thread]
   :smh:
Basically saying the rednecks gon be more engaged again :lol: ...this quote not a good look, but I already got that feeling about the NFL
Anyway go Ravens! Defense gotta keep playing well and hope they can carry the offense to another W

Don't even get ya hopes of fambz :smokin

I really don't like the Zeke MVP thing. No disrespect to him but

A. RB depends directly ton offensive line probably more than any position to another in football

B. Cowboys have the best line by a huge margin

So he definitely doesn't stand out to me as most valuable player by any metric. It just doesn't make sense. If he breaks 2000 maybe.

Based on recent seasons, the O-Line definitely hurts his chances. 2 years DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing... Just to leave them and go to the Eagles and have a terrible season. Then you say last year the offense was terrible. True but Darren McFadden rushed for over 1k, only the 2nd time in career, and the Cowboys had the 9th best rushing attack in the NFL last year. Even before he took a snap, draft pundits and sports reporter projected him to have over 1k yards as a rookie based just on the O-Line's recent success. Also you have to factor in that this is the Adrian Peterson or Todd Gurley situation where defenses stack the box, expecting a running play. With Dak in the backfield, the Cowboys can be you two ways. As a defense, you have to respect a dynamic young, healthy QB, that can make plays with his arm and legs, and makes few mistakes.

Last edited:
Yeah not quite sure Zeke is doing this on the Rams

Gurley would be at the same spot as Zeke on the Cowboys IMO

Yea I can't see Zeke winning it unless he finishes the year with some crazy yardage total like 2k.

MVP should be Matt Ryan's to lose right now imo

Carr may not win MVP, but you already know who's winning Coach of the Year if the Raiders make the playoffs.

And you should know who's winning Exec of the Year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom