The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of AP...

This finally got decided and I can follow up on it.

The NFLPA's best chance going forward is a circuit split from the lower courts on a similar case. This hasn't got anywhere near as much attention as Deflategate, but the Adrian Peterson case is still ongoing. The NFL is appealing AP's victory. If AP wins again on appeal, that would be the circuit split needed to raise the odds for a Supreme Court hearing.

It's pretty much over though, and has been for a while.
Update from today...the NFL won.

The Appeals court overturned AP's suspension and fine.

Luckily for AP...he's still eligible to play. I believe he's on the hook for the money though.

What does this all mean? The NFLPA is PORKED from these decisions. They needed a circuit split for a better chance at a Supreme Court hearing. And now that the Deflategate and AP case eventually sided with the league's decisions, everything is in unison.

Roger Goodell is more powerful today than at any other point during his tenure. Huge monumental win for the NFL and the owners.

Last edited:
ESPN
[h1]Court rules for nfl in case against Adrian Peterson; ap liable for fine equivalent to six games' pay[/h1]

The U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has reversed a district court's ruling that had overturned Adrian Peterson's suspension and fine resulting when the Minnesota Vikings running back pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge after injuring his son meting out corporal punishment.

While Peterson now is liable for the fine, the appeal "does not involve his eligibility to play." So Peterson remains with the Vikings in camp as they ready for their Sept. 11 season-opener against the Tennessee Titans.

Commissioner Roger Goodell had imposed an indefinite suspension and a fine equivalent to six games' pay in November 2014. Those were upheld by arbitrator Harold Henderson.

In February 2015, a federal judge decided that Goodell should not have penalized Peterson, who committed his infraction before the NFL's new personal conduct policy went into affect, and reversed the arbitrator's ruling.

However, the latest court decision says "the parties bargained to be bound by the decision of the arbitrator, and the arbitrator acted within his authority."

This latest ruling, following a decision by the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold Tom Brady's suspension in the Deflategate case, bolsters the NFL and Goodell's power when it comes to player discipline under the collective bargaining agreement.
roger-goodell-6020dcba3242c7de.jpg

After these court reversals, he's officially the most powerful commissioner in all 4 major sports.

mean.gif

This is where it started...

Butters Stotch @FakeKyleMcKenna

@RealPeterson21 know your worth. Lol. @DeSeanJackson11 burns you every time

The response...

Patrick Peterson /P2
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@RealPeterson21

@FakeKyleMcKenna i played against d jax 3 game and that his best play in 3 game against me. So good for him!!! Lol

Desean Jackson caught wind...

Desean Jackson
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@DeSeanJackson11

@RealPeterson21 I ain't even Worried about u homie I don't know why u bringing me up in any conversation

Desean Jackson
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@DeSeanJackson11

You know if u got something to say to me you know how to relay that message cuz

annnnd...

Patrick Peterson /P2 @RealPeterson21
@DeSeanJackson11 I respect yu and your game homie I have nothing with yu or against yu. All I did was answer the fan question.

Patrick Peterson /P2 ‏@RealPeterson21 14h14 hours ago

Keep coming with it skins fans!!! I'm loving it!!!

:lol:

Gotta love TC...

*edit*

Anytime some west coast cat punctuates something they're saying w/ "cuz," u know they mad...

Last edited:
Just got my tickets in the mail for Packers @ Vikings SNF home opener :smokin

My season tix came in the mail last week :pimp: I'm itching bad for Week 1.

Think I'm gonna go to public practice on the 14th and see how the experience is as a STH.

Vick had a stretch in 2010 that was some of the most untoppable quarterback play I've ever seen. His accuracy was on point, his decision making, everything. He ran for almost 700 yards too and didn't even play the full season.

That Skins game on Monday night...oh boy :wow: :wow: :wow: :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Dude hit D-Jax with a deep bomb for a TD on the first play from scrimmage :rofl:

Can't find a better word than electric to describe dude that season,he gave us a brief sneak peak of how things could've gone if he could pass as well as he could run

Last edited:
That Skins game on Monday night...oh boy :wow: :wow: :wow: :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Dude hit D-Jax with a deep bomb for a TD on the first play from scrimmage :rofl:

Can't find a better word than electric to describe dude that season,he gave us a brief sneak peak of how things could've gone if he could pass as well as he could run

:lol: laron landry had the nerve to talk some shh before the game too! First play and djax in the endzone doing the jerk [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Hell, djax was dancing the whole damn night.

Man, however brief it was, that was some impressive football from mv7...just wish it Coulda been sustained

That game was one of my worst viewer moments as a Skins fan :lol: And there have been A LOT of them...

I would've liked to see Vick in today's NFL.

Full of spread formations and zone reads. I think it makes it slightly easier to read defenses.

I know the Falcons ran some of that stuff in 2006.

That Eagles-Skins game went from 0-100 real quick.

As a lifelong Vick fan, it was satisfying to watch him play at such a high level after all that happened. 

That game Vick had against the skins was funny and amazing at the same time, it was like his personal mission to embarrass them that night and nothing was stopping him :lol: :pimp:

That game was so brutal. Skins just gave Mcnabb a pretty nice extension before the game. Laron starts talking **** before the game and gets burnt for a 95 yard TD on the first play :smh:

Pretty sure it was 35-0 at halftime. Sports radio for the next week was nuts. Skins were getting destroyed by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom