The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Has anyone balled in these yet? Would like to hear how great of how great of a performance shoe this could be

Last edited:
Has anyone balled in these yet? Would like to hear how great of how great of a performance shoe this could be
Played in these for about a half hour last weekend outdoors.  When you keep in mind the tech and year this shoe was made, I was definitely impressed.

Overall, I really enjoyed hooping in them.  Part of it was nostalgia, but I was really surprised by the performance I got.

Very comfy and great fit/lockdown do to all the padding and being able to zip them up.  They are low to the ground too which gives you excellent court feel.  Cushioning was so-so, you can barely feel the zoom.  Maybe if I hoop some more and soften up the foam I'll start to feel it.  Traction was just fine outdoors, but I hear they aren't the best indoors.

Gettin' cold up here in MN, but if play anymore in them I'll give an update.  May take them indoors for a run too.  Nightwing has a pretty good review on these too.

Last edited:
Played 3 on 3 in them. I would say performance is okay. Better than playoff xi but worse than Kobe 6. Not a reviewer so don't know what else to say, didn't have a problem with traction, lockdown or comfort.

No, but I want to.  Curious to see how they feel on court as well.  I play on a court that has the same surface as a hard-court tennis court which destroys shoes.  Kinda don't want to tear em up straight out da box. 

Just for the record, I was really hoping I could go TTS with this release, mostly because of how bulky and wide they look on feet.  I ended sizing up .5 because of the mega padding and overall glove-like construction.  I have a narrow foot and still felt like these were tight, both on the top of my foot and in the toe box area. 

If you are thinking about ballin' in em, or using them mostly for ball, then I would suggest + .5 up.

I'm glad I was able to find a pair even though I slept on them at first.
nthat.gif

Last edited:

Played in these for about a half hour last weekend outdoors.  When you keep in mind the tech and year this shoe was made, I was definitely impressed.

Overall, I really enjoyed hooping in them.  Part of it was nostalgia, but I was really surprised by the performance I got.

Very comfy and great fit/lockdown do to all the padding and being able to zip them up.  They are low to the ground too which gives you excellent court feel.  Cushioning was so-so, you can barely feel the zoom.  Maybe if I hoop some more and soften up the foam I'll start to feel it.  Traction was just fine outdoors, but I hear they aren't the best indoors.

Gettin' cold up here in MN, but if play anymore in them I'll give an update.  May take them indoors for a run too.  Nightwing has a pretty good review on these too.
How were they sweat wise on your feet?

Sweating might be a prob.

Someone noted earlier that these are sweat-boxes,  and they weren't lying. 

How were they sweat wise on your feet?
Yeah your feet get pretty hot... I can't lie.  Little to no ventilation at all.  This generally doesn't bother me though.

I guess for me, no matter what I'm playing in, I accept that my feet are gonna sweat.  Ventilation is definitely better in shoes today, but I've never finished a hoop session and thought, "wow, my feet are dry!"

i dont think these retros have forefoot zoom. and I noticed that the heel zoom is as size of a met bag zoom of kobe V. :smh:

Lol nightwing stated that in his vid they really slacked on the cushion, he went as far to say they took a step back

i dont think these retros have forefoot zoom. and I noticed that the heel zoom is as size of a met bag zoom of kobe V.
mean.gif
Yea the heel zoom is tiny...

And with mine, I can only slightly feel the zoom in my right shoe.  No feeling at all in my left

I will use them on court only, so once I have some experience with them I will let you all know!

They still have these on the islands if anyone is interested.  Tried them on today, and even though theyre hawt I couldnt pull the trigger.  Too many black/white kicks.   I'd get it in red though. 

was never a fan of the gloves.. they barely sold at any stores around DMV

What part of the DMV are you in? Practically sold out in Maryland, maybe a handful of bigger sizes left, but they served as a great consolidation prize for those not able to cop the bel airs...

Back
Top Bottom