The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

This is how a NT thread should flow. Everyone looking out for everyone. Props being given left and right. That's love family. Glad the bel airs gave us 28 and up a chance to cop some classics that we can't wait to rock.

I'm only 27....tho, :frown:

And I'm only 25.

My bad fellas no disrespect. I'm 30 and was in the 10 th grade when these dropped. Just shot out a number that I thought could relate. Felt like an old head thread to me.

Haven't been happier to just walk in & buy my size...the SA even brought out 2 pairs for me to inspect.

B-day coupon is a go for these as well.

-Pete

Nice!!! some classic shoes up there :smokin. This release took me back, just walked up to the mall at noon and picked up my pair with ease..All releases should be more like this

Last edited:
Mom and Dad came to say hi. :smile:

Thread reminds me of the old nt 8)
Yes indeed. There's still some great threads left on this site. It's easy to find the threads with the collectors vs. folks just buying the latest Nike/JB limited release.

Heat colorway is instacopped. All blacks, whites, as well as those and I'm good to go. Outlet specials on the rest.

I always liked the T-bugs... but I tend to like most Nikes with a Zipper.

Heres a close relative of the Glove that most people dont even know existed.... Nike Air Cover II... I have never even seen the Air Cover I but they must exist somewhere. If anyone has some pics or info Id love to hear what they know about them.

I copped these in 2000 at footaction... there was only one other colorway I know of (black/silver). I believe they were a FA Exclusive. Ive been hunting for another pair for years but never even seen a single trace of their existence.
Wooow you brought me back man, I remember these joints sitting in Footaction on sale for like $30. Those Footaction exclusives were nice back then were nice.... The only reason I remeber them is because my Dad pointed out how ugly they and the black foam pro's I was buying were lol...

I am BEYOND mad these have no forefoot zoom. BEYOND MAD!!!!!!!!!
they do have forefoot zoomair..its just not as responsive as something like a lebron...

not letting nike get off da hook, da air max penny I's got way more zoom air spring in da forefoot though for comparison..

Love this thread. Reminds me of my lurking days on niketalk finding gems from 2000 up. I gotta get these now before they dry up. I'm slacking. Those Garnett 1's are a must and need to be next to drop again.

can't forget da zoom hawk flights from 1997...they're gary paytons before he got his own sig line with his name on em ala barkley & force max/pippen more uptempo, etc..

img036.jpg

nike-air-hawk-flight-payton.jpg

Dope post.

I remember when these dropped and I wanted them so bad.

Pops took me to Sportmart and I was hyped; thought I was about to cop them. As we approached the store I kept thinking of the commercial that went along with these.

When we got there and he saw the price he was like hell nah lol. He figured since my foot was still growing I deserved something else.

Can't remember exactly but I think I got the X's steel color.

Looking back at the knowledge being dropped in the last few pages brought back so many good memories as a kid.. nostalgia is definitely at a high right now!

Last edited:
copped these from my locale champs at willowbrook mall in Wayne, NJ.
strolled in like 8pm and got them with EASE.
brings back memories of when copping Js used to be this easy... :smokin

Endclothing just refunded me for my size 11. I requested to cancel the order since i copped locally So there should be a size 11 up on there soon or even now. $140 shipped on their site if you missed out and don't mind waiting til November to get them.

The white pair was the pair I wanted more back then though to be honest. I'm hoping I can find a site selling the white pair early for not to much over retail. Those are probably the last sneakers ill be getting this year out of current releases so I rather just get them out the way. Its nothing else coming out I really want/need.

Back
Top Bottom