****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

There's some truth here.

I try to restrict my takes on this whole spectacle to the business side of the things. I think it's much more fascinating to discuss HOW the circus is translating to dollars than to harp on all of the superficial bull**** that comes along with the moral dilemmas with everything Lavar does.

These's two polarized sides here. If you want them to "win"...you have a spin for everything they do. If you want them to "lose"...you find something wrong with everything they do. Honestly...I don't give a **** about the ethical element here. I don't care about if Lavar is being a "good or bad" parent. I don't care if "kids need to be kids"...blah blah blah. You wanna talk to me about what's happening from the business side or the developmental side as it pertains to basketball...I'm all game. All the extra **** is white noise IMO.

I'm not allowing my emotions to have a dog in this public fight between "supporters" and "detractors".

Like spare me on all the bull**** about being a "kid". If the goal is to play on the highest level...there's a very real process you can't circumvent to get there. Which is why I said if the NBA is the goal...I hope those things are being done...whether it's for the cameras or not.

Maybe THIS IS just a circus with the sole intention of profit. There's nothing "wrong" with it either way.

Let me get your opinion on something. Just a thought I had....

There are a lot of us who see this move to Lithuania as a circus/troll job. Who knows if the Ball fam will actually see this through to the end of the Euro season. We all know that LiAngelo is just along for the ride. His career is what it is.

LaMelo on the other hand, who knows? If this is all a charade to boost the BBB profile with the intention of having Melo come back stateside to ACTUALLY get the training he needs, is that something that you could see happening?

His HS playing days are over because he's being paid as a pro (unless there's some loophole I'm not aware of.) However, with the bankroll that BBB now has from Facebook (I think it was an 8 million dollar deal,) Lavar can EASILY afford great training for LaMelo as he advances his basketball career. Now, what he does for actual basketball competition, I have no clue? Maybe a year in the G-League or another semi-pro option?

What would boost the ratings of their show on FB? Having his boys fizzle out overseas. For as many folks as there are who rock with Lavar and some of his ideas, there are probably more out there who want him to fail and fail hard. If this Lithuania move tanks, there will be more viewers tuning in to his show to see how things went down. Like deuce king deuce king alluded to, it's like the Kardashian blueprint. Drama bring ratings. Ratings = more $ for BBB.

DTCMib3X4AABXab.jpg

From a business perspective, the better business bureau stuff is a bad look. If he’s going to push BBB, they should be fully invested in it and not half assing things and cutting corners.

You’re an up and coming brand trying to get a piece of the pie and going against of the bigger athletic brands while trying to grow your brand. You’ve managed to develop a pretty decent following and people who are willing to support the cause because they rock with your vision. With that said, do right by your customer base. The price tag isn’t the issue (you can charge whatever you want), but they should be fully invested in getting things right. Nike or Adidas can afford to alienate customers. BBB doesn’t have that luxury at this point when they’re trying to grow the brand.

better off just coppin the knock off eBay BBB gear if you actually want it

ZO2's are cool if they cost $110 like PG1's

great look for Melo. He got juice man.

Interesting...that would be a fantastic look for Melo.

However, I wonder how complicated things would become if Zalgiris COMPLETELY puts the kibosh on the amount of helicoptering Lavar does and with the camera crew?

At this point LaVar won. No denying it. What he says now is almost irrelevant. He got his oldest son in the league and paid and he's made a good chunk of change for the rest of his family. He don't care what he looks like because the dollars are all he's looking for. He'll take all the bad press he can as long as those checks keep coming and people keep dumping $50 on a t-shirt and $500 on some rebranded shoes.

[QUOTE="jc619er, post: 29358189, member: 38115"]At this point LaVar won. No denying it. What he says now is almost irrelevant. He got his oldest son in the league and paid and he's made a good chunk of change for the rest of his family. He don't care what he looks like because the dollars are all he's looking for. He'll take all the bad press he can as long as those checks keep coming and people keep dumping $50 on a t-shirt and $500 on some rebranded shoes.[/QUOTE]

"Think you Scarface but you ain't see the END of the movie"

Let me get your opinion on something. Just a thought I had....

There are a lot of us who see this move to Lithuania as a circus/troll job. Who knows if the Ball fam will actually see this through to the end of the Euro season. We all know that LiAngelo is just along for the ride. His career is what it is.

LaMelo on the other hand, who knows? If this is all a charade to boost the BBB profile with the intention of having Melo come back stateside to ACTUALLY get the training he needs, is that something that you could see happening?

His HS playing days are over because he's being paid as a pro (unless there's some loophole I'm not aware of.) However, with the bankroll that BBB now has from Facebook (I think it was an 8 million dollar deal,) Lavar can EASILY afford great training for LaMelo as he advances his basketball career. Now, what he does for actual basketball competition, I have no clue? Maybe a year in the G-League or another semi-pro option?

What would boost the ratings of their show on FB? Having his boys fizzle out overseas. For as many folks as there are who rock with Lavar and some of his ideas, there are probably more out there who want him to fail and fail hard. If this Lithuania move tanks, there will be more viewers tuning in to his show to see how things went down. Like deuce king deuce king alluded to, it's like the Kardashian blueprint. Drama bring ratings. Ratings = more $ for BBB.

Because LaMelo isn't draft eligible for another 2.5 years...there are several avenues that can be explored...which is why I never put too much stock into Lithuania from the beginning. I don't think the plan was ever to have him play low level euro ball for 2 years and then entire the draft. What he does performance wise means very little. People are going to tune into where he plays and put stock into numbers but there's SOOOOO much more that takes place in the developmental process that takes place outside of "games". If the plan is for him to actually become an elite prospect capable of the playing on the biggest stage in just 30 months from now...something much more substantial than the current setting has to come into play at some point. Whether it's a more advanced league or a more advanced training regimen with elite trainers.

If getting better isn't actually the sole purpose and all of this is just a money grab...then expect the circus to continue and for them to go wherever the dollar takes them.

My prediction is still that LaMelo ultimately pans out. The conspiracy theorist in me says when the machine bets the house on a star...they usually win. There's a reason Tim Tebow is still a thing.

just contacted my credit card and asked for a chargeback and reported as fraud

Glad to hear it champ......better late than never. We got one person here with this admission that managed to turn back around before completely entering the woods and being lost in the wilderness.....can we get anybody else??

If Melo does have the talent to become a pro in the NBA, I think playing in Europe will help. Not sure how competitive the Baltic league is compared to EuroLeague, but I'm sure he can learn some things.

Now the Zalgiris move would be something that says that the NBA is the goal here. That's putting him in an environment that is indeed more advanced than High School/AAU basketball.

Reactions: God
Because LaMelo isn't draft eligible for another 2.5 years...there are several avenues that can be explored...which is why I never put too much stock into Lithuania from the beginning. I don't think the plan was ever to have him play low level euro ball for 2 years and then entire the draft. What he does performance wise means very little. People are going to tune into where he plays and put stock into numbers but there's SOOOOO much more that takes place in the developmental process that takes place outside of "games". If the plan is for him to actually become an elite prospect capable of the playing on the biggest stage in just 30 months from now...something much more substantial than the current setting has to come into play at some point. Whether it's a more advanced league or a more advanced training regimen with elite trainers.

If getting better isn't actually the sole purpose and all of this is just a money grab...then expect the circus to continue and for them to go wherever the dollar takes them.

My prediction is still that LaMelo ultimately pans out. The conspiracy theorist in me says when the machine bets the house on a star...they usually win. There's a reason Tim Tebow is still a thing.

Real talk, came in to something similar to this - I don’t exen know what his real goal is anymore and I’m not sure he does either :lol:

Real talk, came in to something similar to this - I don’t exen know what his real goal is anymore and I’m not sure he does either :lol:

Man...the narrative literally changes on a daily basis. Once you think you've got it all figured out...some Black Mirror **** takes place and we're all questioning if we know what he think we know about this situation.

Even this Lithuania **** is off to a different start than many imagined. 2 weeks ago we were all convinced that they were going to live in third-world village to play basketball in a makeshift gym with ****** that would be rated 60 in 2K. Low and behold they're living in a ******* luxury spa while the team bends and alters it's operating process to accommodate BBB-mania. This **** really is playing out like a a movie. :lol:

This is so dumb. Coaches need to shut the hell up and coach. How much money are they making from the press?

I said this in the BBall thread last night...ire is being directed in the wrong spot. These reporters are just doing their jobs. If ANYONE is to blame, it's the higher-ups at ESPN who instruct these guys to continually put a mic in Lavar Ball's face for a soundbite, or make them travel around the world to follow this circus.

I saw this comparison posted on Reddit, but it's SO true...it's the equivalent of when ESPN had Pedro Gomez follow Barry Bonds around during his 73 HR season.

Back
Top Bottom