****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Talent where? They may have potential, but talent relative to winning games right now? Nah man. Julius has been their best player this season and they're trying to trade him :lol:

I don't see anyone on the team right now other than Randle and Kuzma currently who you could say, He's legit "Good." I like Clarkson but he's not moving the needle with wins.
PG - Lonzo is legit good.
SG - need
SF - Ingram good. Needs to develop more but he’s improved from year 1 to year 2
PF - Kuz, randle, maybe nance
C - randle, Lopez

6th man - clarkson (would contribute to many organizations and has a good contract)
7th - randle

A lot of teams only go 7-8 deep. Lakers really need an all star SG which would make lonzo average double digit assists.

The lakers can score. Just don’t play good defense.

You can add Kuzma to the safe list as well for the most part..
You are correct. I don’t know why I wasn’t thinking :lol:

Dude is putting up 17-20 a game making late first round money.
Contracts like kuz, lonzo, Ingram, and clarkson are needed to mix with legit super stars to have multiple year playoff teams before the luxury tax causes problems.

PG - Lonzo is legit good.
SG - need
SF - Ingram good. Needs to develop more but he’s improved from year 1 to year 2
PF - Kuz, randle, maybe nance
C - randle, Lopez

6th man - clarkson (would contribute to many organizations and has a good contract)
7th - randle

A lot of teams only go 7-8 deep. Lakers really need an all star SG which would make lonzo average double digit assists.

The lakers can score. Just don’t play good defense.

Except they can't really "score" they have the worst offense in the NBA.

IMO think you're confusing potential with actually good, right now. If all of those players you mentioned were good right now, they wouldn't be 11-27 :lol:

Lonzo has a 11.5 PER and for most of the season was one of the worst players in the league and he plays a ton. Ingram has a below average PER and is literally at the bottom of the league in BPM, OBPM, etc., Like Lonzo, for a guy who plays over 35 minutes a night, to register a 12 PER is not the mark of a good player.

I agree that Kuz and randle have been good this year. Nance hasn't been good for the Lakers he's averaging like 8ppg and hasn't made a single 3 pointer all season.

Lopez has been a major dissapointment for the Lakers as they touted his shooting and yet he's been a below average the entire season. KCP plays more than just about any other Laker and he's been a below average player by just about any other metric you'd wanna use.

This isn't a Laker / NBA thread so I won't go any further and I do think a lot of their guys will be good eventually, but they just haven't been good this year or else they wouldn't be on pace to win 24 games.

Except they can't really "score" they have the worst offense in the NBA.

IMO think you're confusing potential with actually good, right now. If all of those players you mentioned were good right now, they wouldn't be 11-27 :lol:

Lonzo has a 11.5 PER and for most of the season was one of the worst players in the league and he plays a ton. Ingram has a below average PER and is literally at the bottom of the league in BPM, OBPM, etc., Like Lonzo, for a guy who plays over 35 minutes a night, to register a 12 PER is not the mark of a good player.

I agree that Kuz and randle have been good this year. Nance hasn't been good for the Lakers he's averaging like 8ppg and hasn't made a single 3 pointer all season.

Lopez has been a major dissapointment for the Lakers as they touted his shooting and yet he's been a below average the entire season. KCP plays more than just about any other Laker and he's been a below average player by just about any other metric you'd wanna use.

This isn't a Laker / NBA thread so I won't go any further and I do think a lot of their guys will be good eventually, but they just haven't been good this year or else they wouldn't be on pace to win 24 games.
Agree to disagree then.
You seem to be set in your viewpoint especially since you don’t realize the impact of what I listed that would get them over the hump.

Lonzo can be replaced and is NOT "legit" good....the only "safe," or untouchable players should be Kuz/Ingram. Lonzo has shown nothing thus far that his ceiling won't be higher than someone like Greivis Vasquez. It's not a diss, because Vasquez was a serviceable/solid NBA player for many years. I just don't think Lonzo will be the multiple time all-star that a lot of folks think he'll be.

Agree to disagree then.
You seem to be set in your viewpoint especially since you don’t realize the impact of what I listed that would get them over the hump.

Get them over the hump? We must not be having the same conversation then. Of course, Getting an all star SG sure would help, but that's not what we're talking about.

I'm not set in any way of thinking, We're talking about the players on the team right now being bad and below average being the issue, not Luke Walton, as Lavar cited in the article.

Get them over the hump? We must not be having the same conversation then. Of course, Getting an all star SG sure would help, but that's not what we're talking about.

I'm not set in any way of thinking, We're talking about the players on the team right now being bad and below average being the issue, not Luke Walton, as Lavar cited in the article.
we probably aren’t then.
The players are good imo. Some of them are miscast in their roles.

Lonzo is a pass first PG. having knockdown shooters will help him especially if he could initiate plays to go to a real SG.
Ingram is not a number 1 scorer imo. That doesn’t mean he’s bad. He just needs to be a 2 option.
Kuz is a great 3rd option.

KCP is trash imo.
Randle is solid.
Lopez is a skilled big.

Hooped with Jordan Crawford at lifetime today and he was rocking the zo kicks. #BBB

Lonzo can be replaced and is NOT "legit" good....the only "safe," or untouchable players should be Kuz/Ingram. Lonzo has shown nothing thus far that his ceiling won't be higher than someone like Greivis Vasquez. It's not a diss, because Vasquez was a serviceable/solid NBA player for many years. I just don't think Lonzo will be the multiple time all-star that a lot of folks think he'll be.

giphy.gif

Not saying he should be moved. But things move fast in the nba. The 2nd and 3rd picks in the 2015 nba draft were both traded within 2 and a half seasons with their respective teams. It’s not uncommon for top 5 picks to be moved.

As long as Lonzo shows potential and plays well, the team will tolerate LaVar as long as Lonzos play on the court justifies tolerating that distraction. When that isn’t the case anymore, they’ll move accordingly.

This lack of accountability from LaVar is a bad look and pattern though. Clashed with the coaches at Chino Hills, it was UCLA’s fault Gelo was stealing, now voicing things on Luke. Pulling his aau team off because he didn’t like the way the refs called the games. It’s always someone else’s fault when it comes to LaVar.

That said, I still co-sign BBB, calling the NCAA out for the sham it is, and even micromanaging the younger sons stuff. But I don’t know the man personally, he’s not paying my bills so I’m not going to blindly defend him when he’s wrong either.

we probably aren’t then.
The players are good imo. Some of them are miscast in their roles.

Lonzo is a pass first PG. having knockdown shooters will help him especially if he could initiate plays to go to a real SG.
Ingram is not a number 1 scorer imo. That doesn’t mean he’s bad. He just needs to be a 2 option.
Kuz is a great 3rd option.

KCP is trash imo.
Randle is solid.
Lopez is a skilled big.

Kumza is the best scorer on the team. He's definitely better than a 3rd option. He's gonna be a 20-24 point scorer in the future.

That's when you know dude's ain't watching. :lol:

LaVar Ball: Lakers 'don't want to play for' Luke Walton
Lonzo-Ball-Luke-Walton-2-640x380.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...os-angeles-lakers-coach-luke-walton-lost-team

BIRSTONAS, Lithuania -- LaVar Ball says Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton has lost the team.

The Lithuanian team that signed LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball has withdrawn from one of its leagues and instead will play in the Big Baller Brand Challenge, a series of five "friendly" games, in an effort to get the brothers extensive playing time.
Ball, who was up at 5 a.m. local time Saturday to watch his son Lonzo Ball in his first game back with the Lakers since suffering a sprained shoulder on Dec. 23, expressed his frustration with Walton in an exclusive interview with ESPN.

"You can see they're not playing for Luke no more," Ball said from a spa resort in Birstonas, where he is staying while his two youngest sons, LiAngelo and LaMelo, get ready to make their professional debuts with Lithuanian team Prienu Vytautas. "Luke doesn't have control of the team no more. They don't want to play for him."

"That's a good team," he added of the Lakers, who have lost nine straight games. "Nobody wants to play for him. I can see it. No high-fives when they come out of the game. People don't know why they're in the game. He's too young. He's too young. ... He ain't connecting with them anymore. You can look at every player, he's not connecting with not one player."

LaVar Ball has had issues with his sons' coaches the past few years and even pulled LaMelo from Chino Hills High prior to the start of the season because of problems with first-year coach Dennis Latimore.

"Lonzo looked good, but he also looked disgusted," Ball said. "He was ready to play. Four minutes left in the first quarter, he dunked it, getting in a flow and Coach sits him down. Sat him down. Now game goes from four points to 10 to 15 to 20. I don't know what they're doing. If he's ready to play, let him play. Don't try and monitor no minutes, put on restrictions."

Lonzo Ball, who missed six games with the injury, finished with 11 points and five assists in 27 minutes in the Lakers' 108-94 loss to Charlotte.

Lavar Ball also said he is confident that LeBron James, whom he has never met, will be coming to the Lakers this offseason as a free agent.

"LeBron's coming to L.A. I know he's coming to L.A.," Ball said. "LeBron is not a fool. What's the only way he can beat Jordan? You can't get more championships. Only one way, to say every team I've gone to I've won a championship. Go to Lakers and win a championship, then you're better than Jordan.

"You can't give my son the best player in the league, and don't expect them not to win. Get rid of everybody. Give him LeBron and Gelo [LiAngelo Ball]. You got a 2 and a 3. And it's a win. It's a wrap. Then all you need are two rebounders -- [Julius] Randle and [Larry] Nance Jr."

But even with James, Ball doesn't feel that Walton is the right man to lead the Lakers to a title.

"Even if you bring in a LeBron or a [Paul] George, he can't coach them guys," he said. "What is he gonna tell them? He's too young. He has no control."

Other than the Warriors what 3rd option avg 20? So if Kuzma is your 3rd you gotta have 2 other GREAT scorers. That's rare.
Lebron Heat
And the lebron Cavs with Kyrie

Other teams too like the Jamison, arenas, hughes wizards.

Maybe the current thunder or even the pelicans.

It’s happened throughout history.

The max player that may come and the lakers want Ingram to be the second option. I could care less if kuzma is second or third. I’m just stating what I see them wanting him to be.

Last edited:
Lebron Heat
And the lebron Cavs with Kyrie

Other teams too like the Jamison, arenas, hughes wizards.

Maybe the current thunder or even the pelicans.

It’s happened throughout history.

The max player that may come and the lakers want Ingram to be the second option. I could care less if kuzma is second or third. I’m just stating what I see them wanting him to be.

Only team that meets the criteria here is that Wizards team. None of those other squads had/have 3 players that average at least 20.

So it is indeed pretty rare.

Back
Top Bottom