****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

So for argument's sake, let's say that LiAngelo never had the shoplifting incident in China....is LaMelo hooping in Lithuania?

On the flip, let's say LaMelo still had his amateur status....where's he hooping right now?

Melo, was done with high school ball and would’ve just been training and waiting for AAU to start.

Some of you acting like development = basketball development. How about developing as a man? The kid is in ****ing high school. Basketball should not be his end all be all. Literally took a free education from a great college away from him because he's so sure he's going to be a ****ing Laker. Stats don't lie and the number shows 99% of people who play basketball never steps foot on an NBA court.

****ing smh

So if you’re one of the best in your age group or class and have an idea of what you want to do with the rest of your life and have a pathway to get there what should you be focusing on?

Again, in other sports and countries teens go pro all the time.

Even academically gifted kids are moved along through the process and start college early or go to work in the fields they show promise.

Not sure what you’re so up in arms about, bruh. Not sure why people are acting like teens that show promise advancing to focus on a certain skill set early is all of a sudden some foreign concept.

We also gotta stop acting like kids that go to college with the intent to go pro at some point are getting some grand education. The faces of these teams are pulled from class for promos, radio, photo shoots etc. they usually take easy classes to maintain eligibility.

It’s a new day, man. There isn’t one path to achieve your dreams and goals. The institutions don’t want you to think about that, though.

But dude is not the next Lebron or even Ben Simmons. Sometimes going to college humbles you. I don't even think Melo will get to Trae Young level as a freshman guard. But he still has time to develop

Y'all are slow. Like, really slow.

Their family has its own shoe brand and yet, can’t get the boys to consistently wear the shoes. You mad papi?

Not to mention the borderline scam they ran on the ZO2. Set the price at $500, take half a year to ship the order, and it’s not even the same shoe people ordered. No explanation as to why it’s a different shoe.

I want Lavar and the boys to succeed, I love the anarchist approach, especially the middle finger to the NCAA. I love the concept of starting your own brand and giving the middle finger to Nike, Adidas, etc. But when your execution is a 1/10, there will be criticism. Lots of it.

Last edited:
But dude is not the next Lebron or even Ben Simmons. Sometimes going to college humbles you. I don't even think Melo will get to Trae Young level as a freshman guard. But he still has time to develop

Ricky Rubio and Tony Parker weren’t Lebron James either. Where were you when Kristaps was 15 playing pro in Spain?

What’s humbling about being the face of a program at a division 1 school?

Last edited:
Not sure the ball brothers are gonna be lakers after lavar’s latest comments.
Pretty much said the lakers need to fire Walton.

If this was the the most logical choice for a top-10 recruit, you'd see more players opting for this kind of route.
Those are two different arguments, IMO. Plus, people just follow whatever path that is in front of them. Previously, guys only went overseas if they couldn't qualify for the NCAA. I just don't think that this is some development ruining move. Nor do I think it's the best move either.

Ricky Rubio and Tony Parker weren’t Lebron James either. Where were you when Kristaps was 15 playing pro in Spain?

What’s humbling about being the face of a program at a division 1 school?
Yea cause the European youth elite were sharpening their teeth in Lithuania :lol:

Only Ball riders can spin this situation as being some sort of flourish. And how that new league coming along? Haven't heard piss 'bout it since.

Yea cause the European youth elite were sharpening their teeth in Lithuania :lol:

Only Ball riders can spin this situation as being some sort of flourish. And how that new league coming along? Haven't heard piss 'bout it since.

Nobody has said this is a flourish. I’m just acknowledging that there are different paths to explore to achieve the same goal. The reality is that people who see things one way will see nearly everything one way. Just cause people don’t follow a traditional path, doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Those are two different arguments, IMO. Plus, people just follow whatever path that is in front of them. Previously, guys only went overseas if they couldn't qualify for the NCAA. I just don't think that this is some development ruining move. Nor do I think it's the best move either.

I think this is a fair take. I mostly agree. My POV is that Melo's development is coming at the expense of the brand push. There are a couple of factors.

1. Lavar putting the middle-finger up to the NCAA by having his youngest boy rock his OWN signature line. I'm all for it due to how this corporation exploits it's athletes in many sports. However, we have to remember that all of this went down BEFORE the shoplifting situation in China, which is point #2.

2. LiAngelo's situation at UCLA. We all know why LiAngelo was at UCLA in the first place. It was a package deal involving Lonzo and LaMelo. LiAngelo is probably a D1 caliber basketball player, but would not be at UCLA if it wasn't for his other, more talented brothers. It's as simple as that. Even with LaMelo's amateur status up in the air with the NCAA, LiAngelo would be enjoying the fruits of being on the UCLA roster had the shoplifting situation never happened. LaVar parlayed Lonzo & LaMelo's talents to getting his middle boy to school on a roster that he had no business of being on in the first place. He (Lavar) straight up hustled UCLA for the time being.

Let's got back to #1 for a second. Even with Melo NOT being able to play NCAA ball due to his sneaker, (and for the sake of the conversation, let's say LiAngelo never shoplifted) I'd be willing to bet that there is less than a 0.1% chance he's playing pro ball in Lithuania right now because he'd STILL be eligible to play at Chino Hills, another public HS, prep school, etc.

Anyways, Here's a good read on how a twitter DM, of all things, got the Ball boys over to Lithuania as a package deal. This was in the fallout of the whole LiAngelo situation in China/UCLA, which I believe was just another reactionary chess move by Lavar. Reactionary and chess are two words that shouldn't go together. So, who's the pawn in all of this? LaMelo. He's being dragged along for a ride due to the exposure the BBB will be getting from setting up shop in Lithuania, the FB web series, etc.

Contrary to what folks on here may think, I do hope that things work out for him. One has to hope that he will continue to develop and not regress due to the BBB circus. I have my doubts about this Lithuania move and I'd love to be wrong...because at the end of the day, LaMelo is still just a kid. As I mentioned before, I rock with A LOT of what Lavar Ball does....however, I don't have to agree with his every decision. And this is one of them.

Not sure the ball brothers are gonna be lakers after lavar’s latest comments.
Pretty much said the lakers need to fire Walton.
I think it's a dunnie for LiAngelo and LaMelo will need to have a significantly better amateur/pro* career than Lonzo. No shade to Lonzo but LaMelo will need to pretty much demo everybody he faces from here on out :lol:

Last edited:
Yea the comments aren’t a good look.

Personally, I don’t think it’s Walton the players don’t want to play for.
It’s that they don’t feel like part of the teams future with the open talking that the team will clear out cap space for 2 max free agents next season. Only players that feel secure are Ingram and Ball.

Randle was about to be traded for nerlens noel.
Clarkson is always said to be on the trade block.
KCP is on a one year deal getting paid bank just to hang out.
Brook Lopez is gonna be allowed to walk.

Honestly, the Lakers biggest problem isn't Luke, like Lavar suggested. It's simply that they aren't good. The players aren't good. You need talent to win, and the Lakers don't have it. They didn't have it at the start of the season, they don't have it now. You can't win in the league w/o talent, period.

Regardless, Lavar sounds dumb as hell. He really said that the solution to the Lakers problems is to put out a lineup with Lonzo / LIANGELO / LBJ / Randle / player x or nance or somebody. He's really just talking out of his *** at this point man. His 'plan' is to get all his kids on the Lakers and yet is essentially trashing the organization any chance he gets. This is turning into a ****show.

Honestly, the Lakers biggest problem isn't Luke, like Lavar suggested. It's simply that they aren't good. The players aren't good. You need talent to win, and the Lakers don't have it. They didn't have it at the start of the season, they don't have it now. You can't win in the league w/o talent, period.

Regardless, Lavar sounds dumb as hell. He really said that the solution to the Lakers problems is to put out a lineup with Lonzo / LIANGELO / LBJ / Randle / player x or nance or somebody. He's really just talking out of his *** at this point man. His 'plan' is to get all his kids on the Lakers and yet is essentially trashing the organization any chance he gets. This is turning into a ****show.
I think they have talent for sure. Just need some pieces.
A legit SG and a defensive anchor will go a long way.

Reactions: God
I think they have talent for sure. Just need some pieces.
A legit SG and a defensive anchor will go a long way.

Talent where? They may have potential, but talent relative to winning games right now? Nah man. Julius has been their best player this season and they're trying to trade him :lol:

I don't see anyone on the team right now other than Randle and Kuzma currently who you could say, He's legit "Good." I like Clarkson but he's not moving the needle with wins.

Back
Top Bottom