****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

If gelo were to even be considered by the lakers come next season that would be the biggest fastest improvement in history

More like the biggest troll job ever known to man.

If you remember the Chris Smith/JR Smith debacle with the Knicks...keep in mind that Chris Smith is 5X time the player Gelo is...and he had NO BUSINESS even being on a trash Knicks squad :lol:

I gotta say...watching Melo's interview...his description of what their days have been like wasn't what I was hoping to hear.

"Wake up 8am....eat breakfast...watch TV...wait for practice"

That ain't gonna get it done. That lil ***** need to be up at 7 with a full workout in before practice even starts. Elite HS players are doing that. KD used to get up 300 shots and break out in a sweat before school started...back in the 10th grade.

Melo's no longer a student-athlete...so he has even MORE time to get better. I hope that's being done. if not....this is just a circus.

Last edited:
More like the biggest troll job ever known to man.

If you remember the Chris Smith/JR Smith debacle with the Knicks...keep in mind that Chris Smith is 5X time the player Gelo is...and he had NO BUSINESS even being on a trash Knicks squad :lol:

I gotta say...watching Melo's interview...his description of what their days have been like wasn't what I was hoping to hear.

That ain't gonna get it done. That lil ***** need to be up at 7 with a full workout in before practice even starts. Elite HS players are doing that. KD used to get up 300 shots and break out in a sweat before school started...back in the 10th grade.

Melo's no longer a student-athlete...so he has even MORE time to get better. I hope that's being done. if not....this is just a circus.

The entitlement is real. They do seem like they’d complain if they had to put that type of work in. Gelo can’t afford not too. Neither one can honestly.

This is all you need to know about dude. He's not about the professional basketball life. Even streetballers will give you a better answer than that. Typically you hear, "wake up at 3am, get full workout in, shoot for a couple hours, eat breakfast at 7 then go to practice at 8. Finish practice, shoot more, second workout, etc. that's my normal day but I have to do more because my oppenent is in the gym by 2am working out, yada yada."

His comments won't get you signed by anyone. You can't get to the NBA without talent, or work ethic, or intelligence. You need to have at least ONE of those things. Lonzo at least had the talent and Showed off his ethic by doing that one private workout that impressed the laker brass. Gelo not even smart enough to lie about his work ethic? It's a wrap.

He’s 16. SIXTEEN. We’re really gonna doom the kid’s future based on an answer he gave at 16?

I’d imagine a lot of players that make it to the NBA had that mindset at 16 and simply coasted off of their natural abilities.

And let’s remember that they literally just got to Lithuania. There could be all sorts of reasons why he couldn’t be in the gym at 3 AM (which is ridiculously extreme, btw).

I think some of you dudes want this to fail. :smh:

He’s 16. SIXTEEN. We’re really gonna doom the kid’s future based on an answer he gave at 16?

I’d imagine a lot of players that make it to the NBA had that mindset at 16 and simply coasted off of their natural abilities.

And let’s remember that they literally just got to Lithuania. There could be all sorts of reasons why he couldn’t be in the gym at 3 AM (which is ridiculously extreme, btw).

Lol they want someone in the family to fail so badly cuz of Lavar. **** is sickening

I ain't surprised by what Melo said. :lol: He spoiled as ****.

Hopefully reality hits him at some point and he makes the best outta this.

Lebron Heat
And the lebron Cavs with Kyrie

Other teams too like the Jamison, arenas, hughes wizards.

Maybe the current thunder or even the pelicans.

It’s happened throughout history.

The max player that may come and the lakers want Ingram to be the second option. I could care less if kuzma is second or third. I’m just stating what I see them wanting him to be.

Kevin Love and Bosh ain't avg 20.

Lavar is doing too much by talking **** about Luke. It does nothing but bring drama and force his son to answer dumb questions.

Classic case of not knowing when and how to shut up. Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree that bears it.

LOL. Some of you can and have any EXCUSE in the book for this family. You dudes are getting hustled and it's like you don't even care that you are. I want a black man and family to succeed just as much as the rest of you dudes.......but let's put our energy into someone that actually deserves it and not this family/circus.

This family is the equivalent of the black Kardashians, the early version. An attention seeking, by any means necessary bunch with little to no talent to back up their claims led by a loudmouth NBA dream chaser of a father that couldn't get to where he wanted to be in life. So Lavar Ball's nightmares turned into his kids dreams. It appears to be too late for some of the Ball supporters on here but there's still hope for a few souls that haven't drank the cup of Kool-Aid just yet. This post is for you.

DTCMib3X4AABXab.jpg

It's wrong to compare zo to greivis but it's cool to compare him to one of the goat pgs? I was a greivis fan too smh.

Classic case of not knowing when and how to shut up. Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree that bears it.

LOL. Some of you can and have any EXCUSE in the book for this family. You dudes are getting hustled and it's like you don't even care that you are. I want a black man and family to succeed just as much as the rest of you dudes.......but let's put our energy into someone that actually deserves it and not this family/circus.

This family is the equivalent of the black Kardashians, the early version. An attention seeking, by any means necessary bunch with little to no talent to back up their claims led by a loudmouth NBA dream chaser of a father that couldn't get to where he wanted to be in life. So Lavar Ball's nightmares turned into his kids dreams. It appears to be too late for some of the Ball supporters on here but there's still hope for a few souls that haven't drank the cup of Kool-Aid just yet. This post is for you.

K

There's some truth here.

I try to restrict my takes on this whole spectacle to the business side of the things. I think it's much more fascinating to discuss HOW the circus is translating to dollars than to harp on all of the superficial ******** that comes along with the moral dilemmas with everything Lavar does.

There's two polarized sides here. If you want them to "win"...you have a spin for everything they do. If you want them to "lose"...you find something wrong with everything they do. Honestly...I don't give a **** about the ethical element here. I don't care about if Lavar is being a "good or bad" parent. I don't care if "kids need to be kids"...blah blah blah. You wanna talk to me about what's happening from the business side or the developmental side as it pertains to basketball...I'm all game. All the extra **** is white noise IMO.

I'm not allowing my emotions to have a dog in this public fight between "supporters" and "detractors".

Like spare me on all the ******** about being a "kid". If the goal is to play on the highest level...there's a very real process you can't circumvent to get there. Which is why I said if the NBA is the goal...I hope those things are being done...whether it's for the cameras or not.

Maybe THIS IS just a circus with the sole intention of profit. There's nothing "wrong" with it either way.

Last edited:
I ain't surprised by what Melo said. :lol: He spoiled as ****.

Hopefully reality hits him at some point and he makes the best outta this.

Kevin Love and Bosh ain't avg 20.
Y’all just argue just to argue.
Love averaged 19 last year alongside 2 25+ scorers
Bosh averaged 18.7 with the same thing.

Go ahead and argue with the petty.

Who's dooming his future?

Apparently anyone who questions this move to Lithuania.

As far as Lonzo...list is VERY small of all-stars at the PG spot 6'6" or taller. Off the top of my head, only Penny and Magic come to mind as guys who were that tall and made an immediate impact. Yall getting on me about Greivis, but he was a serviceable pro. Nothing wrong with that because he was a pass-first PG who had no issues being a floor general. You got busts at that height like Reice Gaines and MCW...and then you have guys in the middle like Greivis. OBVIOUSLY the pinnacle for that height at the position would be guys like Magic/Penny. I think Lonzo will fall in the middle and be a serviceable pro.

Back
Top Bottom