****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

This ain't gonna help his kids one bit....brand exposure, sure. But LaMelo is gonna be the one suffering. I'd like to be wrong, but this move:

Did you guys actually read the article? They are still playing the the Domestic league. The team withdrew from the Baltic league which is considered lower than the domestic league.

They withdrew to play in the BBB showcase...where they'll still play lower-division teams. It's a brand push, obviously.

They withdrew to play in the BBB showcase...where they'll still play lower-division teams. It's a brand push, obviously.

Exactly, so what’s the issue? Either way you cut it they are starting out playing lower level teams then playing in the domestic league.

Kramer was a DOG on the defensive end at Purdue...any of yall remember him?

Dog...I thought his defensive ability was enough to get him on an NBA roster. Dude is THAT nice on defense :lol:

Vividly remember Kramer shutting down people in college/

Exactly, so what’s the issue? Either way you cut it they are starting out playing lower level teams then playing in the domestic league.

Which my main point all along has been the brand push is coming at the expense of LaMelo's development. Aside from money going in Lavar's pockets, how much better will LaMelo get from all of this? Whole thing is a charade.

Which my main point all along has been the brand push is coming at the expense of LaMelo's development. Aside from money going in Lavar's pockets, how much better will LaMelo get from all of this? Whole thing is a charade.

He’s playing grown men who are bigger faster and stronger than the high school competition he would be playing. Melo got as good as he did because he always had to play against kids that were bigger faster and stronger than him. The potential for his development could be in his favor.

At least he’s playing somewhere ...remember he was looking at not playing the whole season...that goes against your point of brand push coming at Melo’s expense...A year without his highlights/clips doesn’t help the brand

If anything this move benefits both BBB and his development since he’s actually on a team

At least he’s playing somewhere ...remember he was looking at not playing the whole season...that goes against your point of brand push coming at Melo’s expense...A year without his highlights/clips doesn’t help the brand

If anything this move benefits both BBB and his development since he’s actually on a team

We talking LaMelo or LiAngelo here?

In the case of LaMelo, let's think about WHY he's not playing HS ball right now...

He’s not playing high school ball cuz his pops ain’t like the new coaching situation ...hurting Melo’s development ? Sure...but a decision made to push the brand or put money in Lavars pockets like u said? Naw that doesn’t add up...you don’t promote a basketball company by NOT letting one of the main athletes play :lol: ...that’s the thing about Lavar , not all his moves are in a straight line or easy to throw under 1 umbrella good or bad like you and many other ppl want to do

Either way u slice it if both them boys get some mins and a chance to learn something it ain’t gon hurt em or the brand

Last edited:
No qualms from be about the change.
The team they are playing on is broke so the “tour” is a financial move on their end.
The Ball brothers will still get to play teams that should be better than high school players and maybe most non elite college programs which is the goal.

The high level games are whatever.

Reactions: God
I mean, you do generally get better playing better competition. How is this even a question? :lol:

There is more than one way to “develop”. Melo playing in a structured system will help him more than playing at Chino Hills. Learning the game from professionals > chucking up half court shots and cherry picking all game. I hope this team and the others he’ll inevitably play for are hard on him and don’t let him be a chucker.

Sure, it’s a gamble because it isn’t the traditional route most folks take to pursue NBA aspirations. But folks gotta stop acting like he’s doomed. The kid has talent and he’s developing it. Not sure I see what the issue is.

How much better is LaMelo going to get by playing at Chino Hills? He'll get better by playing against grown men and being able to focus on basketball full-time. Don't see this as being at his expense.

He’s not playing high school ball cuz his pops ain’t like the new coaching situation ...hurting Melo’s development ? Sure...but a decision made to push the brand or put money in Lavars pockets like u said? Naw that doesn’t add up...you don’t promote a basketball company by NOT letting one of the main athletes play :lol: ...that’s the thing about Lavar , not all his moves are in a straight line or easy to throw under 1 umbrella good or bad like you and many other ppl want to do

Either way u slice it if both them boys get some mins and a chance to learn something it ain’t gon hurt em or the brand

Which has been my point all along. The BBB "brand" is coming at the expense of LaMelo's development. That ain't right.

How much better is LaMelo going to get by playing at Chino Hills? He'll get better by playing against grown men and being able to focus on basketball full-time. Don't see this as being at his expense.

LOL...he was focusing on basketball full time at Chino Hills.

Let's not get it twisted. Just because he's going up against "grown men" in Lithuania doesn't mean that this is what he needs at this point in his career. If this was the the most logical choice for a top-10 recruit, you'd see more players opting for this kind of route. He's out of amateur options due to the direction of BBB. Ask yourself this, why is he playing for a crap team in a lower-tier league in the Eastern Bloc? Where were the other options? This was a team that has struggled with filling the seats in their arena, so why not bring along the BBB circus to drum up interest?

I think LaMelo has the potential to be a very good player, but I have a strong feeling that this is going to backfire. He's the one with the most to lose at this point.

Which has been my point all along. The BBB "brand" is coming at the expense of LaMelo's development. That ain't right.
So if Melo gets better playing in Lithuania , would u say the brand is right then ?

Edit—-never mind just seen your post before this ...you one of those that’s gonna find the negative in whatever they do...u don’t like em , got it :lol:

So if Melo gets better playing in Lithuania , would u say the brand is right then ?

Edit—-never mind just seen your post before this ...you one of those that’s gonna find the negative in whatever they do...u don’t like em , got it :lol:

Man, you're seeing what you want to see. Of course if he gets better in Lithuania, I'd be the first person to admit I was wrong. However, that remains to be seen.

LaVar grew on me, and I've said that over the past year, but I don't need to agree with his every decision. Neither do you.

Man, you're seeing what you want to see. Of course if he gets better in Lithuania, I'd be the first person to admit I was wrong. However, that remains to be seen.

LaVar grew on me, and I've said that over the past year, but I don't need to agree with his every decision. Neither do you.

You’re seeing what you want to see. The reason why more top 10 recruits don’t leave or explore different options is because people have been conditioned to think there is one “right” way to do things. It’s been the norm in other countries for talented teenagers to go pro. We pretty much do that in the Is in every sport beside football and basketball.

I can personally tell you that his growth is being stifled playing in Chino Hills.

Some of you acting like development = basketball development. How about developing as a man? The kid is in ******* high school. Basketball should not be his end all be all. Literally took a free education from a great college away from him because he's so sure he's going to be a ******* Laker. Stats don't lie and the number shows 99% of people who play basketball never steps foot on an NBA court.

******* smh

You’re seeing what you want to see. The reason why more top 10 recruits don’t leave or explore different options is because people have been conditioned to think there is one “right” way to do things. It’s been the norm in other countries for talented teenagers to go pro. We pretty much do that in the Is in every sport beside football and basketball.

I can personally tell you that his growth is being stifled playing in Chino Hills.

So for argument's sake, let's say that LiAngelo never had the shoplifting incident in China....is LaMelo hooping in Lithuania?

On the flip, let's say LaMelo still had his amateur status....where's he hooping right now?

I don’t see the hype behind Lamelo. I wish him the best but was never enamored with his playing style and don’t think it will translate well in the NBA

Only time will tell if this was the right move for Melo. It's up to him to put the work in and get better, whether it's in Chino Hills or overseas.

Back
Top Bottom