****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

The part that’s funny is people up in arms over Lavar’s comments.. but is he truly wrong?

Lakers just had a meeting to address “frustrations” and “concerns”; Randle wore a “Pay Me” sweatshirt to the game cause they haven’t paid him, they are opening discussing and praying for top FAs and discussing trades and players they want, Magic opened the season by saying only BI and Zo were untouchable, still have Deng on the roster and you started him two games, meanwhile Randle isn’t getting the proper minutes unless someone is out/hurt, you release Bogut, rotations are trash... but Lavar is the problem?! Ok

What, the media sensationalized a story surrouding Lavar Ball and all the naysayers ate it up! Impossible!

The media isn't sensationalizing the story, it's a pretty sensational story on its own. A star professional player's parent is calling out the coach. It didn't help that Zo gave a very lukewarm (no pun intended) endorsement of Luke Walton. He wouldn't even come out and say "I like ride with Luke", "he's my coach". Kuzma's a rookie and came to his coach's defense immediately, that's Interaction with the Media 101. He didn't distance himself from this dad's comments at all. That's either a lack of awareness, a lack of media training or he really doesn't like his coach. It doesn't help that the Lakers have been playing poorly lately.

Honestly, I feel kinda bad for Zo and his brothers when it comes to stuff like this. They seem incapable of divorcing themselves from their dad's ideas. During that ESPN interview it looks like Melo and Gelo were being held hostage. Giving short, one word answers. :lol::lol::lol:

Steve Kerr said it best, do you know how many pro players parents have issues with coaches and the decisions they make? Lots. How many of them run to the media and openly criticize the coach?

great look for Melo. He got juice man.

This is actually a pretty big deal. The decision Lavar makes on this will set a precedent and will show what his real intentions are with Melo. This is a great opportunity for Gelo to play and develop but most likely they won't allow them to film their show during the showcase or any of the practices.

Does Lavar allow Gelo to go, knowing its probably better for his development or does he keep him with the current team and keep the cameras rolling?
Is this whole experience in Lithuania a side-show or part of a plan to make the boys better?

664C0042-DFC6-4D55-BB48-593D81163BE4.jpeg
AC0B0465-3A51-4B82-B185-E4329FF6A56C.jpeg

The part that’s funny is people up in arms over Lavar’s comments.. but is he truly wrong?

Lakers just had a meeting to address “frustrations” and “concerns”; Randle wore a “Pay Me” sweatshirt to the game cause they haven’t paid him, they are opening discussing and praying for top FAs and discussing trades and players they want, Magic opened the season by saying only BI and Zo were untouchable, still have Deng on the roster and you started him two games, meanwhile Randle isn’t getting the proper minutes unless someone is out/hurt, you release Bogut, rotations are trash... but Lavar is the problem?! Ok

Agreed, team has bigger issues with/without the Ball family.

Dudes were less in their feels when Devon Burant called out OKC. That should have been much worse considering he's an actual insider.

lavar got some big connections if he can pull money from china and utilized fb live

The media isn't sensationalizing the story, it's a pretty sensational story on its own. A star professional player's parent is calling out the coach. It didn't help that Zo gave a very lukewarm (no pun intended) endorsement of Luke Walton. He wouldn't even come out and say "I like ride with Luke", "he's my coach". Kuzma's a rookie and came to his coach's defense immediately, that's Interaction with the Media 101. He didn't distance himself from this dad's comments at all. That's either a lack of awareness, a lack of media training or he really doesn't like his coach. It doesn't help that the Lakers have been playing poorly lately.

Honestly, I feel kinda bad for Zo and his brothers when it comes to stuff like this. They seem incapable of divorcing themselves from their dad's ideas. During that ESPN interview it looks like Melo and Gelo were being held hostage. Giving short, one word answers. :lol::lol::lol:

Steve Kerr said it best, do you know how many pro players parents have issues with coaches and the decisions they make? Lots. How many of them run to the media and openly criticize the coach?

Is Lavar running to the media or is it the other way around?

It is different though. What influence do Popp and Kerr have on politics? Are they asking Trump about Kerr and Popp? If Lavar were babbling on about something he has no influence on no one would care. It's the fact that its his son's team. It's the equivalent of Pence's father trashing the president.

At the end of the day whether the staunch Lavar defenders agree with it or not, its not a good look and many team and league execs don't like how Lavar is going about his business. It puts more undo stress on Zo because, lets be real, teams will only put up with side shows like this as long as you're producing. If you're at Kobe's level you can go from the court to the courtroom for months because you're a top 5 player. Just about any other player would've been cut. Same goes to Terrell Owens and other outspoken athletes.

If Zo ends up being just an average NBA point guard I can see teams saying "why bring the added distraction into my organization when I can find someone comparable without the baggage?"

Is Lavar running to the media or is it the other way around?

It works both ways. It's the Trump effect. Its forcing the media to ask themselves some major questions. With Trump, they gave him a platform and round the clock coverage and they watched the views/clicks/ratings go through the roof. They really weren't thinking about the responsibility they have as our nation's media. Not comparing Lavar's influence to Trump's but the same rules apply.

Traditional media outlets still haven't mastered how to cover personalities like Trump and Lavar in the social media age. 20 years from now we'll look back and say that the 2010s were the Wild West of media.

Are these dudes really professional athletes? They're out here playing like its a pick-up game at LA Fitness. Errant threes from 3 feet behind the line, cherry picking. It's a bad brand of basketball. Glad to see Melo is playing well though.

Back
Top Bottom