****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Big Baller Media has to get better with messaging. I wouldn’t have used the term “dropped out”. Could’ve spun that in a much more positive way.

If there was an actual PR team, that term would have never been used on social media.

Porzingis or Mbappe child abuse? Doesn't seem like Lavar is making the right choice, but chill with the hyperbole like "child abuse".

Maybe child abuse was a bit much, but it doesn’t appear Lavar has Melos total best interest in mind. What’s the next plan if he doesn’t get a Combine invite or a legit overseas look? Where can he play if those outlet say no?

Why do they continue to use such poor verbiage? “Dropped out”? Smh

Why do they continue to use such poor verbiage? “Dropped out”? Smh

The whole point of the JBA is to give these kids better opportunity.

The goal is achieved in this case, the kid gets an opportunity to get paid to play in France, and you wanna focus on the verbiage.

Why people always feel the need to inject negativity into EVERYTHING possible is beyond me.

Come to think of it... maybe the Social Media person that wrote that was taking a veiled jab at the people that think that the only path to the NBA is through the NCAA. Hence "dropped out".

Went to the game yesterday since Cal State LA is my Alma mater and met Lavar and Lamelo.

Lavar is a GREAT guy. Awesome guy.

He's a really nice guy. Talked to him twice at Staples Center.

Everyone that I know that has ever had any contact with him in passing has said he's great and will always stop for a quick convo or picture.

The whole point of the JBA is to give these kids better opportunity.

The goal is achieved in this case, the kid gets an opportunity to get paid to play in France, and you wanna focus on the verbiage.

Why people always feel the need to inject negativity into EVERYTHING possible is beyond me.

Come to think of it... maybe the Social Media person that wrote that was taking a veiled jab at the people that think that the only path to the NBA is through the NCAA. Hence "dropped out".

He's a really nice guy. Talked to him twice at Staples Center.

Everyone that I know that has ever had any contact with him in passing has said he's great and will always stop for a quick convo or picture.

If you’re promoting a brand and the achievements, “dropped out” isn’t the language you use to promote something positive. It’s great to see. The opportunity presented lead to something better. Nobody is disputing that, but presentation is integral.

If you’re promoting a brand and the achievements, “dropped out” isn’t the language you use to promote something positive. It’s great to see. The opportunity presented lead to something better. Nobody is disputing that, but presentation is integral.

The whole point of Big Baller Brand and the JBA is exposure...good or bad. It's "look at us!"

Presentation to them is not integral and never has been. Optimal word selection? Secondary. Correct conjugation of verbs? Who cares? Just listen to how his two younger sons talk.

It's exposure at any cost. Lavar doesn't care what his social media people write...whats important to them is, did they convey that this one kid got signed to a pro contract in France. If the answer is yes, then to Lavar, its mission accomplished.

If you're critiquing the verbiage attached anything Lavar Ball produces you've got bigger issues and are intentionally missing the point.

The whole point of Big Baller Brand and the JBA is exposure...good or bad. It's "look at us!"

Presentation to them is not integral and never has been. Optimal word selection? Secondary. Correct conjugation of verbs? Who cares? Just listen to how his two younger sons talk.

It's exposure at any cost. Lavar doesn't care what his social media people write...whats important to them is, did they convey that this one kid got signed to a pro contract in France. If the answer is yes, then to Lavar, its mission accomplished.

If you're critiquing the verbiage attached anything Lavar Ball produces you've got bigger issues and are intentionally missing the point.

I get the point, everyone does. I clearly stated that.

Go have a seat.

I get the point, everyone does. I clearly stated that.

Go have a seat.

No lets talk more about how they didn't use the verbiage you wanted. That was such a productive comment, lets explore that more.

Any idea what the next move is for the two younger boys? I'm really hoping LaMelo gets to field offers from international teams without being packaged in with Gelo but am not so confident that takes place.

Any idea what the next move is for the two younger boys? I'm really hoping LaMelo gets to field offers from international teams without being packaged in with Gelo but am not so confident that takes place.

No serious franchise will extend them an offer as a package or otherwise.

Best case scenario is they find a struggling Euro team like the one in Lithuania that’s eager to sell some tickets to the circus.

They won’t admit this, but realistically, Melo’s best bet is to hold his breathe for two years train hard and hope he gets a combine invitation and is able to showcase his talent against elite college all-Americans.

59F554A3-97E9-4296-B222-093D5CA58B38.gif

Is this the first Domino in BBB's financial collapse?

I understand that Lonzo has a significant NBA deal but I don't think Lavar is taking directly from that to fund his own ventures.

BBB's merchandise sales aren't funding all of this.

I guess they got a nice check from Facebook for the TV show...

But it's still not all adding up...

No serious franchise will extend them an offer as a package or otherwise.

Best case scenario is they find a struggling Euro team like the one in Lithuania that’s eager to sell some tickets to the circus.

They won’t admit this, but realistically, Melo’s best bet is to hold his breathe for two years train hard and hope he gets a combine invitation and is able to showcase his talent against elite college all-Americans.
I mean to be honest is real best bet is to somehow get a respectable euro team to take a chance on him and only him. No lavar, no liangell. Just melo. Grind and work hard against good euro. Learn the systems and how to be a team player. Hone your talent and hope to get spotlight.

Is this the first Domino in BBB's financial collapse?

I understand that Lonzo has a significant NBA deal but I don't think Lavar is taking directly from that to fund his own ventures.

BBB's merchandise sales aren't funding all of this.

I guess they got a nice check from Facebook for the TV show...

But it's still not all adding up...

It definitely doesn't add up - it's a house of cards unless Lonzo is bailing them out, and he'd be stupid to do that.

Other than not paying him on time, it's prolly contractual. I could see Lavar making players pay for their own bags :lol: but the check gotta be on time smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom