****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Yeah, BBB shoulda taken the money from the big shoe companies last summer. Can't blame them for betting on themselves though. You win some, you lose some.

Lamelo could be filling up CA Gyms and getting air time on ESPN building up hype as a top ten prospect. I realize none of that directly goes to him but it's all about long term goals. Lavar was thinking too short sighted. I almost forgot this thread existed. Nothing relevant for awhile.

I remember watching all these top prospects hs mix tapes and then crowds just being crazy. He will have instead experienced 95% empty venues and none of that high school god status lore.

It's a revolving door of top prospects every year. I get trying to cash in right away. But these steps are looking more wreckless by the day. Unless that fb reality show money can hold them down for 5 years.

Yikes. Watched a clip of Ball in the family last night, and heard Lavar tell gelo

"Even if you don't get drafted, you just gotta kill in the summer league. I mean, anybody can get on a summer league team"

I cringed watching it.

It’s crazy how people really thought gelo had a shot. Dude sucked since high school. I thought melo was gonna be the one but this whole circus hasn’t benefitted him at all.
i understand you believing in your son. But you had the whole country going against reality

It’s crazy how people really thought gelo had a shot. Dude sucked since high school. I thought melo was gonna be the one but this whole circus hasn’t benefitted him at all.

People still don't get how far he is / was from the NBA. Bruh wouldn't have got drafted if the NBA had 4 rounds, and that's not even cap I swear to god he wouldn't.

That's why it was so cringe to watch him get taken out of UCLA and then declare for the draft. His ONLY "shot" at the league was becoming a really good college player and trying to work that path.

I think I said this before, but he wouldn't have started on Pepperdine's basketball team last year and yet the fam was pushing for him to get drafted. Beyond unrealistic.

People still don't get how far he is / was from the NBA. Bruh wouldn't have got drafted if the NBA had 4 rounds, and that's not even cap I swear to god he wouldn't.

That's why it was so cringe to watch him get taken out of UCLA and then declare for the draft. His ONLY "shot" at the league was becoming a really good college player and trying to work that path.

I think I said this before, but he wouldn't have started on Pepperdine's basketball team last year and yet the fam was pushing for him to get drafted. Beyond unrealistic.

This just goes back to one of my favorite points to make: most people don't realize how elite nba basketball players are. Gelo even if he maxed out his potential, isn't an NBA player IMO.

He's a mid-major level talent, the only reason he got the scholarship offer to a program at UCLA was because it was a package deal with his brother (who actually is an NBA level talent). Honestly, if Melo would have stayed at UCLA all four years he would have been a bench rider at best. He's a 6'6" slow footed, volume shooting power forward who doesn't play defense. Also, Melo doesn't strike me as an academics guy and he'd probably struggled to stay academically eligible for 4 years at a school like UCLA anyway.

The only way for Melo to have had or legit shot at the NBA or high level Euroball would be for him to swallow his pride, buy into a coach's system, do the little things and the dirty work like screening, rebounding, hard nosed defense, hustling, etc, play all four years and then maybe, MAYBE he'd have a shot at the NBA. He accomplished less than nothing by declaring for the NBA draft this season.

I remember seeing that clip from Ball in the Family after Melo didn't get drafted where Lavar said "All you gotta do is show out at Summer league! Everybody gets a summer league spot!" I'm like bruh, these cats really are delusional :lol:. There are about 100 other, more talented and accomplished players who didn't get Summer League invites that are way ahead of where Melo is.

I just wonder what their next move is after the JBA. After what the Lithuanian coach said about how Lavar acted other Euro teams might not be interested in the headache that Lavar brings, regardless of how much they like Melo and Gelo as players.

Last edited:
This just goes back to one of my favorite points to make: most people don't realize how elite nba basketball players are. Gelo even if he maxed out his potential, isn't an NBA player IMO.

He's a mid-major level talent, the only reason he got the scholarship offer to a program at UCLA was because it was a package deal with his brother (who actually is an NBA level talent). Honestly, if Melo would have stayed at UCLA all four years he would have been a bench rider at best. He's a 6'6" slow footed, volume shooting power forward who doesn't play defense. Also, Melo doesn't strike me as an academics guy and he'd probably struggled to stay academically eligible for 4 years at a school like UCLA anyway.

The only way for Melo to have had or legit shot at the NBA or high level Euroball would be for him to swallow his pride, buy into a coach's system, do the little things and the dirty work like screening, rebounding, hard nosed defense, hustling, etc, play all four years and then maybe, MAYBE he'd have a shot at the NBA. He accomplished less than nothing by declaring for the NBA draft this season.

I remember seeing that clip from Ball in the Family after Melo didn't get drafted where Lavar said "All you gotta do is show out at Summer league! Everybody gets a summer league spot!" I'm like bruh, these cats really are delusional :lol:. There are about 100 other, more talented and accomplished players who didn't get Summer League invites that are way ahead of where Melo is.

I just wonder what their next move is after the JBA. After what the Lithuanian coach said about how Lavar acted other Euro teams might not be interested in the headache that Lavar brings, regardless of how much they like Melo and Gelo as players.
He’s not even 6-6 lol

You mean Gelo instead of Melo w/this right lol?

there were people on NT who thinks they could beat Scalabrine one on one so...

:lol:

For all the jokes about Scalabrine, he's still 6 ft 9, 235 lbs with NBA skills. He was first team all-PAC 10 in college. He's a scrub compared to NBA players (i.e the best 400 players in the world) but he'd wreck any regular pick-up game. Cats really have no idea how good you need to be to even get a shot at an NBA team.

Lavar really said "anybody can get a spot on a summer league roster", nah not exactly bruh:lol:. There are 4 year starters who averaged 20 ppg in the ACC, SEC, BIG 10, all conference type players who don't make summer league rosters, what makes Lavar think that Gelo can just walk into the Summer League?

For all the jokes about Scalabrine, he's still 6 ft 9, 235 lbs with NBA skills. He was first team all-PAC 10 in college. He's a scrub compared to NBA players (i.e the best 400 players in the world) but he'd wreck any regular pick-up game. Cats really have no idea how good you need to be to even get a shot at an NBA team.

Lavar really said "anybody can get a spot on a summer league roster", nah not exactly bruh:lol:. There are 4 year starters who averaged 20 ppg in the ACC, SEC, BIG 10, all conference type players who don't make summer league rosters, what makes Lavar think that Gelo can just walk into the Summer League?

I remember playing against Lavance Fields back in HS where he would wash everyone he played against and then he was all big east sophomore season on for Pitt and counldnt even sniff the league. And you have someone with half his skills and not even 1/10 of this guys accolades who thinks he’ll get a summer league invite. **** outta here.

Last edited:
Damn this **** really playing out like a 30for30. Have no idea what's going to happen w/Melo, Gelo couldn't fetch a damn Summer League gig, Lonzo already being taken to court for child support w/a BM that's writing a tell all,

Sheesh.

Damn this **** really playing out like a 30for30. Have no idea what's going to happen w/Melo, Gelo couldn't fetch a damn Summer League gig, Lonzo already being taken to court for child support w/a BM that's writing a tell all,

Sheesh.

Links for the last part.

Links for the last part.

From her IG before she deleted it
B3514563-A430-414C-8A8D-9D0FD23ADE03.jpeg

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom