****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Melo does seem to be getting very athletic, that put back dunk he threw down was impressive. Hard to really gage his game playing in the jba though. Once the season is up I'd think he goes overseas again but who knows where.

Melo does seem to be getting very athletic, that put back dunk he threw down was impressive. Hard to really gage his game playing in the jba though. Once the season is up I'd think he goes overseas again but who knows where.

It's gonna be tough to gauge his game until he's playing in a serious basketball system with a serious coach who doesn't have Lavar breathing down his neck.

I think that was the biggest harm done by Laver to LaMelo in forfeiting that UCLA scholarship, because now we may not get to see Melo play in a real offense.

Melo just goes out there an plays like some 16 year old on NBA 2k online at 2am.

He doesn't seem to have Zo's vision. He can't shoot as well as Gelo.

At the same time Zion Williamson is at Duke and is about 60-70 pounds overweight and his only measurable skill is being able to dunk like Lebron. The difference between him and Melo is that Zion's game will get legitimized via playing in the ACC.

Lavar made a MAJOR error in calculating what the NCAA could do for his younger two kids.

His plan for circumventing the NCAA may work at some point in the future, but not for his kids. They will ultimately viewed as the sacrificial lambs.

It's gonna be tough to gauge his game until he's playing in a serious basketball system with a serious coach who doesn't have Lavar breathing down his neck.

I think that was the biggest harm done by Laver to LaMelo in forfeiting that UCLA scholarship, because now we may not get to see Melo play in a real offense.

Melo just goes out there an plays like some 16 year old on NBA 2k online at 2am.

He doesn't seem to have Zo's vision. He can't shoot as well as Gelo.

At the same time Zion Williamson is at Duke and is about 60-70 pounds overweight and his only measurable skill is being able to dunk like Lebron. The difference between him and Melo is that Zion's game will get legitimized via playing in the ACC.

Lavar made a MAJOR error in calculating what the NCAA could do for his younger two kids.

His plan for circumventing the NCAA may work at some point in the future, but not for his kids. They will ultimately viewed as the sacrificial lambs.

I agree with all of this. Lavar saw his 3 sons playing together and blowing teams out and got mesmerized by the idea of them doing that for the rest of their lives. So the goal was never have them reach their maximum potential, it was always “have them all play on the same team together.” He shoulda grown outta that a long time ago.

I’ll just never understand why he didn’t think the NCAA was the best option to achieve that goal in the first place. It worked for lonzo. Without lonzo setting records at a prestigious university, he would never have made it.

Anfernee Simons was just a first round draft pick and the NCAA didn't put him there.

Not going to UCLA for 6 months isn't going to be the excuse if Melo doesn't make it to the NBA. It will be because he's being used as a circus monkey to line up BBB's pocket and exploit his celebrity at the expense of his development.

I’ll just never understand why he didn’t think the NCAA was the best option to achieve that goal in the first place. It worked for lonzo. Without lonzo setting records at a prestigious university, he would never have made it.

It's Gelo's fault. If the China thing didn't happen, Lithuania would have never happened either.

The 30 for 30 on this is gonna be really sad.

Gelo will be working at Arby's,

Melo will be on the Globetrotters.

Lavar will be neck-deep in a tax evasion case unable to account for all the Ferraris and houses he bought.

Lonzo will have a $100M contract with half of his money being sucked up by his family's mistakes.

Kinfolk Kinfolk There is some truth in your statements, but why would Gelo be working at Arby's when his brother has a $100M contract?

Anfernee Simons was just a first round draft pick and the NCAA didn't put him there.

Not going to UCLA for 6 months isn't going to be the excuse if Melo doesn't make it to the NBA. It will be because he's being used as a circus monkey to line up BBB's pocket and exploit his celebrity at the expense of his development.

It’s not just UCLA though. He’s not even in high school right now. He’s not going to play for the United States men’s national under 19 team. He won’t be a McDonald’s all American, he won’t get invited to Jordan Brand classic or the Nike hoops summit.

IF he doesn’t make the nba, it will be because NONE of the proven avenues towards the nba were taken, thus not reaching his full potential.

I think he’ll be in the nba, but honestly he’s going about it the worst possible way.

HalfDimAztecant-size_restricted.gif

It's Gelo's fault. If the China thing didn't happen, Lithuania would have never happened either.

The 30 for 30 on this is gonna be really sad.

Gelo will be working at Arby's,

Melo will be on the Globetrotters.

Lavar will be neck-deep in a tax evasion case unable to account for all the Ferraris and houses he bought.

Lonzo will have a $100M contract with half of his money being sucked up by his family's mistakes.
Damn you sound like you WANT those dudes to fail. Where is all the ill-feelings coming from?

:wow:

11afqd5.png

Jaw dropping athleticism at 285...crazy stuff. Football team gonna keep an eye on him.

Yeah I wonder what Zion’s ideal weight is, his athleticism is ridiculous.... 6’7 250 is prob ideal or pretty close

Yeah I wonder what Zion’s ideal weight is, his athleticism is ridiculous.... 6’7 250 is prob ideal or pretty close

His knees won’t hold up from all that crazy dunking.

He better try to get down to a solid 215

That AAU game where Zion’s team played Lamelo last summer... all Zion did was shoot within 5 feet of the rim for the most part. He’s super limited and relies too heavily on his athleticism.

230-240 would be ideal. My problem with his game is he won’t be able to bully people in the L. That’s something he’s going to have to show, more shiftiness.

Back
Top Bottom