****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

^ :rofl: :rofl:

#NTextremes if I ever saw it. :lol:

Those dudes will be okay. They may not be NBA players, but they’ll find a way to carve out a living doing some **** regular people don’t do. Thank social media for that.

Gelo was dead in the water from the beginning. He was never going to be a high-level European or NBA player regardless. The only reason he got a scholarship to UCLA was the cuz it was a package deal with Melo. At least he could have went to UCLA and got his education and played four years. You are right though, I hope the jba and big baller brand or making money, we have no way to really verify if they're turning a profit off of these ventures.

Gelo is the one that they might regret taking this route with. He has a lot more potential than Gelo, and he might even have more potential than Lonzo.

Taking him out if competitive basketball at 16 very well might ruin his NBA chances. He's not playing AAU, high level high school basketball or overseas. He's never going to break the bad habits he has (cherry picking, jacking up awful shots and not playing defense etc.) playing against players is much better than.

If his aspiration is to be a social media star, then by all means he's on the right track but if his goal is to one day be a lottery pick in the NBA he's going about it all wrong.

damn lavar ****ed his kids so bad. atleast at ucla the boys could have learned. made connections, and get a degree incase the bball thing aint go as planned.

now what?

they gonna go overseas, fail, and have to go hookin on some foreign street corner

thanks alot dad! bout to take this foreign d cuz you were living your dreams through us

Gelo is pretty much done. He just doesn't have the talent.

Melo is what? a Jr. in High school? Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

All he has to do is kill it at the Combine in two years and he's got a realistic shot.

Judging by recent videos of him, he's grown like 2-3 inches and put on a little muscle.

That's the remaining barrier for him. Show and prove that he's as good as the top recruits in the ESPN 100.

G League might be the move for him, or train for a year at IMG or something...I just am skeptical of his progression (right now) due to the circus.

Melo is what? a Jr. in High school? Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

All he has to do is kill it at the Combine in two years and he's got a realistic shot.

Judging by recent videos of him, he's grown like 2-3 inches and put on a little muscle.

That's the remaining barrier for him. Show and prove that he's as good as the top recruits in the ESPN 100.

Yup. The thing Melo has going for him is he was considered an elite prospect on par with his brother....And he has NBA bloodlines. So if he continues to progress and mature....he has a real shot.

What he has against him is his gimmicky game...and if he has any desire or skill to play defense in a professional setting.

What makes you think he's a lock to get an invite? :lol:

G League might be the move for him, or train for a year at IMG or something...I just am skeptical of his progression (right now) due to the circus.

He'd get exposed in the G League. I have no idea how this circus is going to end.

He'd get exposed in the G League. I have no idea how this circus is going to end.

It's just SO hard to project how he'll fare down the road. I just see him as a pawn in the whole deal. Under Lavar's guidance, he really screwed Melo.

Why make life hard for your kids? Teaching kids to run when they see an obstacle is not going to get them far in life.

Gelo had a free ride at UCLA and he would not have received the offer with just his level of talent. Take the suspension, compete 4 years and see where that takes you. If he doesn't make it to the NBA maybe he could have tried to be a TE in the NFL. If sports didn't work out he still would have been a UCLA grad with a name. Alumni love this, easy income.

I feel bad for Melo. It's more than just basketball but the social interactions he's missing by not being in high school. The kid probably still has some 8-12 years old behaviors and some want him playing in Europe. Sorry social media does not replace this. I think he has the talent to be best of the three but you need more than talent.

To those with 9-5, how would you like it if your father/parent came to your job and told your boss how to manage you? Or told them how they are not managing the business properly? Keep that same energy.

Last edited:
Maybe he's a basketball star w/o the NBA. Like the AND1 dudes in the early 2000s.

BTW...these are Melo's HS contemporaries (class of 2019/2020)

Is Melo eligible for the Team USA stuff, or is this blown for him as well due to giving up his amateur status? I really hope it's not, because that would be yet another missed opportunity for him due to the brand taking precedence over his actual development.

/\ Team USA = Nike

They have ZERO incentive to invite him to those camps. He's not going to be a potential endorsee. Why waste an invite on Melo, when there's another top-whatever kid that I'll be able to stick my logo on in the future?

/\ Team USA = Nike

They have ZERO incentive to invite him to those camps. He's not going to be a potential endorsee. Why waste an invite on Melo, when there's another top-whatever kid that I'll be able to stick my logo on in the future?

Ahhhh, gotcha.

Lemme ask you, what do you think his bball route will be until he's draft eligible? I can't figure out a logical path for him...never seen anything like this in all my years following the sport.

Only thing Melo can do is go back overseas and try to actually learn basketball better, any 2nd division over there is better than the JBL...his physical growth is there now he needs to learn the game, we'll see in the fall if Lavar realizes this or not

He was a top prospect before Lavar yanked him out of school, can't see him not getting invited.

Teams will be interested to see how he responds to coaching though... I could see that being a major hurdle. Not the talent

Only thing Melo can do is go back overseas and try to actually learn basketball better, any 2nd division over there is better than the JBL...his physical growth is there now he needs to learn the game, we'll see in the fall if Lavar realizes this or not

yeah. I think Lavar brought him back to the JBL to get his confidence back up.

That Lithuanian coach wasn't doing any coaching at all.

The main problem is Lavar wants to be in control of whatever team his sons play for...He found a perfect match with the Lithuanian team being broke and needed some buzz but any halfway serious team isnt gonna allow him to have much influence if they looking at Melo.

He was a top prospect before Lavar yanked him out of school, can't see him not getting invited.

Teams will be interested to see how he responds to coaching though... I could see that being a major hurdle. Not the talent

There are LEGIT NCAA prospects that don't get combine invites. And Melo's getting one off where he was ranked as a sophomore in HS? They only invite 70.

By the time 2020 rolls around...how on earth are scouts supposed to evaluate Melo in comparison to the rest of his class?

Ahhhh, gotcha.

Lemme ask you, what do you think his bball route will be until he's draft eligible? I can't figure out a logical path for him...never seen anything like this in all my years following the sport.

I honestly don't know :lol:

I can tell you if the only thing on his resume is JBA and BBB Challenge games...he's in trouble.

There are LEGIT NCAA prospects that don't get combine invites. And Melo's getting one off where he was ranked as a sophomore in HS? They only invite 70.

By the time 2020 rolls around...how on earth are scouts supposed to evaluate Melo in comparison to the rest of his class?

I honestly don't know :lol:

I can tell you if the only thing on his resume is JBA and BBB Challenge games...he's in trouble.

I hear you, but we’re both speculating at this point.

There are also “legit NCAA prospects” that straight up decline the combine invite. So there’s that...

A 6’6” PG with a brother that was a lottery pick in Lonzo will get looks. That’s just what the game is.

Giannis’ brother got picked in the draft off the strength of Giannis. The brother hasn’t looked all that impressive up to this point.

And speaking of Giannis, he never played a single NCAA minute. So obviously the NCAA isn’t the only way to legitimize whether you deserve a look or not.

Reactions: God
Giannis brother 6’11 ain’t he or am I reading something wrong

Back
Top Bottom