THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Damn, went to Wal-Mart to pick up the TDKR poster I had printed, but the WB flagged the item (copyright). I was fortunate to get a refund, but I had a nice spot in my room lined up for it. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Damn, went to Wal-Mart to pick up the TDKR poster I had printed, but the WB flagged the item (copyright). I was fortunate to get a refund, but I had a nice spot in my room lined up for it. 
frown.gif

so theres no chance to buy it? 

frown.gif

More info about this 
nerd.gif

Which poster did you have them print? How did WB manage to flag it? 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

frown.gif

I already bought it online, and did the in-store pick up, so they just refunded my money. They had it bagged in plastic like it was quarantined and a had a paper stapled on it saying "COPYRIGHT REQUIRED." It was the 30x20 poster and the quality would have looked damn good because I had the original file that was posted on TDKR.com which was a 2.5mb file.
Sad thing is that they're probably just going to throw it away. 
30t6p3b.gif

And yes, I had thought about dumpster diving later this evening, but unlike Batman, I have my limits. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

frown.gif

I already bought it online, and did the in-store pick up, so they just refunded my money. They had it bagged in plastic like it was quarantined and a had a paper stapled on it saying "COPYRIGHT REQUIRED." It was the 30x20 poster and the quality would have looked damn good because I had the original file that was posted on TDKR.com which was a 2.5mb file.
Sad thing is that they're probably just going to throw it away. 
30t6p3b.gif

And yes, I had thought about dumpster diving later this evening, but unlike Batman, I have my limits. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no i mean there wont be an official release...and yeah how did they manage to get you 

pm me the original file link? 

take the poster to fedex, tell them you are working promotion for the movie and bam they'll print it out. rename the file though

Originally Posted by RFX45

But seriously, Batman Returns had a better story that tied all 3 main characters together very well.
Batman with Nicholson was great but it was pretty straightforward and simple. Very well acted but Pfeiffer as Catwoman and Devito as Penguin was gold and wasn't campy at all. Walken was good.
Story was much more interesting too. I didn't like Basinger as Vale at all, she didn't act like the tough, outspoken reporter she was supposed to be, at least she didn't portray it well enough.
Come to think of it, I think Keaton might have actually been better as Bruce in the second film too.

With that said, both Burton Batman film were really good, ranked just below TDK and both slightly better than Begins but Batman Returns was just better to me.

Queue the gifs since I know NTers hate it when you go against the grain.

Eh, I dunno, that's tough honestly.  I didn't like Penguin at all, and thought Catwoman was almost a waste of time.  Keaton very well could have played Bruce/Bat better than 1, and Walken is just Walken, but I couldn't really get with 2 of the 4 main characters. 

Certainly better than what 3 and 4 turned out to be, but just below, and slightly better....? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
  That's a BOLD statement man.  Are you not a big fan of Nolan's vision of the movies?  Cuz to me his 2 movies make the 2 Burton ones look like made for TV movies.  And of course the last 2 like Elementary school plays. 
laugh.gif

Does anyone else see the superman symbol under the left wing of the poster???

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

OG file here: http://www.thedarkknightr...htRises_TeaserPoster.jpg
I'm going to try it at my local Walmart 
devil.gif
Good luck. From the time the order was placed, to when they sent me notification it took about 30 minutes. I suggest you sign up for the cell updates, that way you can swoop up the poster fairly quickly after they print it. I waited until overnight, so maybe that's what screwed me over.

BTW, Joe Billionaire, the original link I got was posted on the first page as a thumbnail.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RFX45

But seriously, Batman Returns had a better story that tied all 3 main characters together very well.
Batman with Nicholson was great but it was pretty straightforward and simple. Very well acted but Pfeiffer as Catwoman and Devito as Penguin was gold and wasn't campy at all. Walken was good.
Story was much more interesting too. I didn't like Basinger as Vale at all, she didn't act like the tough, outspoken reporter she was supposed to be, at least she didn't portray it well enough.
Come to think of it, I think Keaton might have actually been better as Bruce in the second film too.

With that said, both Burton Batman film were really good, ranked just below TDK and both slightly better than Begins but Batman Returns was just better to me.

Queue the gifs since I know NTers hate it when you go against the grain.

Eh, I dunno, that's tough honestly.  I didn't like Penguin at all, and thought Catwoman was almost a waste of time.  Keaton very well could have played Bruce/Bat better than 1, and Walken is just Walken, but I couldn't really get with 2 of the 4 main characters. 

Certainly better than what 3 and 4 turned out to be, but just below, and slightly better....? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
  That's a BOLD statement man.  Are you not a big fan of Nolan's vision of the movies?  Cuz to me his 2 movies make the 2 Burton ones look like made for TV movies.  And of course the last 2 like Elementary school plays. 
laugh.gif

Just below doesn't mean TDK is a notch better, it just means I rank it below TDK from the best Batmans films. TDK > Batman Returns > Batman (1989) & Batman Begins (tied). 
TDK is definitely far superior but I did like Burtons Returns to Nolans Begins and Retruns definitely felt more like a Burton film than the first too, which makes me like it even more.

Kind of weird we have such different views though since I thought Catwoman was an integral part of the film, it really wouldn't even be the same w/o her. It's that 3-way interaction on who is in whose side that makes it so much better, then Walken acting behind the scenes and how everything ties up was just well written/made. 

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Teaser trailer was pretty good.

Don't know if this movie can take down Avatar as the highest grossing film ever.
laugh.gif
 I don't think any movie will take down Avatar anytime soon. Only movie that's coming soon I can see eclipsing the 2.8 billion worldwide it made is Avatar 2.
Maybe TDKR might make more than TDK domestically and be the 2nd highest domestic grossing movie ever. I do certainly think that it'll make way over a billion like TDK.

I thought someone would mention this earlier, but the Tumbler has returned along with the Batpod. Makes sense because there are technically at least 2 Tumblers that were made, but I really wanted to see a fresh Batmobile.
ffdapi.jpg

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by TSX24

6gxw6x.jpg

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Looks like the Riddler's Question mark to me.

Thought it kinda looked like Supermans insignia. Wouldn't really make any sense but The Man of Steel is also coming out next year and Nolans the producer. Maybe just a little easter egg?

would WB really block fans from making thier own posters at walmart/fedex/kinkos ?????

Back
Top Bottom