The Combat Jack Show Thread

Okay Joseph.

Who are you to say that they don't deserve a partnership?

What equity do Mal and Rory have in the pod other than showing up two times a week? Mal doesn't even take it serious enough to come on time and doesn't show up for the Patreon stuff which is paying them.

If you and I start a business and you do everything to actually start it and then are involved in the day to day, and people are coming because of you. I deserve to be equal partners because I show up to work?

Remember Joe kicked Marissa off and tried out people like Ice and Mal, Ice wasn't messing with it and wanted to continue tweeting. Mal had nothing else to do. That tells you the dynamics.

It is the Joe Budden Podcast on the Joe Budden Network.

:lol:

1616601930735.jpeg
Rory Khaled don’t need this ****

The equivalent of people saying they're unbothered but act bothered. :lol: :smh:

Also noticed the hoop first.

Probably dont eem shoot. just parks his cars there.

probably dont even park his cars there. just put them there for the photo.

probably aint even his cars.

It took him an hour to the main point but essentially

Rory been acting wild and it’s kinda bleeding into the podcast so in an attempt to fix their friendship, Joe tells Rory to take some pods off and Rory agreed.

Mal probably misunderstood the reasoning behind Joes request and Joe said something to Mal and that’s where their beef stems

Joe said he spoke to both of them afterwards

All in all, it’s over personal **** that’ll probably work itself out in due time or it wont because Rory and Mal don’t care about podcasts as much as Joe do. I think they’ll be back.

I'm lost how Joe Budden from The Joe Budden Podcast shouldn't be able to ask someone to take a few days off to recoup.
I think it’s because Rory and Mal helped Joe build that. So for it to go from “boys talking every week” while they skipping bags, to now you guys are my employees since we getting bags, it looks a way.

I agree them dudes are replaceable but they don't have to be.

This clearly isn't about business but the friendship sort of cracking and its leaking to the professional side.

To be fair it was the "I'll Name This Podcast Later" Podcast, they just renamed it the Joe Budden Podcast to leverage joseph's name to get a bag that Joseph ended up fumbling

Mal & Raury very likely see it as an three way equal partnership but Joseph has been moving as if he is the HNIC. Which is why we are here now.
I would believe that if they didn't go on to set up the Joe Budden Network which the pod is now under along with several other pods and segments they now air.

This is totally a Joe Budden led thing now. Rory himself was on the girl's pod saying podding isn't even my passion.

Doesn’t have to be their passion for them to have equity in the brand. It may be Joe’s brainchild, but it wouldn’t be as successful if it were solely a Joe podcast. That’s just being disingenuous and discredits Mal Rory and Parks’ contributions over the years. We can speculate how things would play out in the future if they get replaced today, but you can’t deny the work they put in to get the pod where it is.

It’s been looking funny in the light for me ever since they changed the name to “The Joe Budden Podcast”.

Last edited:
Doesn’t have to be their passion for them to have equity in the brand. It may be Joe’s brainchild, but it wouldn’t be as successful if it were solely a Joe podcast. That’s just being disingenuous and discredits Mal Rory and Parks’ contributions over the years. We can speculate how things would play out if they get replaced today, but you can’t deny the work they put in to get the pod where it is.

It’s been looking funny in the light for me ever since they changed the name to “The Joe Budden Podcast”.

If it's Dave Chappelle's show, do Ashy Larry and Charlie Murphy have equity in it?

If it's Dave Chappelle's show, do Ashy Larry and Charlie Murphy have equity in it?

That’s a mixed bag but to that, i’ll say... to a degree.

Imo it’s a mixed bag because Chapelle for a sketch comedy show to get to the notoriety and acclaim that it got, it had to rely on madd moving parts (eg multiple actors, multiple writers, multiple producers, etc). With the pod, it’s literally those 4 dudes every week for the past however many years since Marissa left. That’s more deserving of equity in the brand.

Back
Top Bottom