The Combat Jack Show Thread

So much for Drink Champs not wanting guest on promo runs. Ironic that days after this lame google deal is announced Stoute pops up on the pod.

Definition of a culture vulture. The guy has never done a thing for anyone in hip hop that has not benefited him. Acting like he helped Dapper Dan link with Gucci out of the kindness and respect he has for him.

Wow. He called Mic Geronimo a Fake Nas. Mic was Irv's first artist and he repped Flushing, Queens and helped put Royal Flush on. My homie was at this DC taping and he's from Flushing too. Steve was firing erratic shots. But this is definitely going down as a classic, infamous DC episode.

I reluctantly listened to Rap Radar and I don’t even know where to start.

He compared him and Nas to Jay and Dame and BIG and Puff. This guy was a manager comparing himself to guys who owned labels!

Complaining about Nas always being late and lazy back in the day as far as endorsements. He was his MANAGER! Look how much more successful Nas has been since he dropped this lame.

The Jermaine Dupri disrespect was blasphemy.

Accusing Bad Boy Hitmen of taking credit for records others produced.

Taking credit for everything Trackmasters has ever done.

First Aftermath project was the compilation album, not The Firm. Also, Steve Stoute downplaying AZ's lyricism is hilarious. That's probably the greatest asset AZ had. He had issues putting great albums together but the raw lyrics were never in question.

I listened to a hour and 30 mins of him on Drink Champs. Like I said he seems like a smart dude but he just come off as a goofy/I know it all type.

His comments about AZ is crazy. Doe Or Die is still getting played all the way through. Sugar Hill, Gimme Your's, Rather Unique ain't great records?

A guy who spent his whole career getting hands put on him takes shots at people once he gets a camera put in front of him. smh he need to relax

Questioning his history and importance in Miami, cutting him off constantly and just taking down on him. When he told EFN that Kool Herc would not ever talk to him or knows who he is I thought it was just classless.

Someone needs to put another bottle upside this guys head as it’s been way to long since Puff put him in his place. I would love to hear what Combat has to say about this as we all know his feelings about Stoute

yeah, the Kool Herc comment was :smh:

IMO he talks to THEM, because he sees a way he can eventually profit off them.

So much for Drink Champs not wanting guest on promo runs. Ironic that days after this lame google deal is announced Stoute pops up on the pod.

Definition of a culture vulture. The guy has never done a thing for anyone in hip hop that has not benefited him. Acting like he helped Dapper Dan link with Gucci out of the kindness and respect he has for him.

I think he played it probably like it wasn't a promo run, because he's not an artist. Nore I'm sure will see it for what it was later.

He was after attention and to pat himself on the back.

You can tell at the end when he said we haven't even touched on a lot of stuff. He wanted to brag some more.

The crazy thing about it is that this new Masters endeavor is meant to help upcoming artists. What kind of message is being sent when a major figure in the industry is firing shots at all these rappers while trying to promote a supposed artist friendly project?

Questioning his history and importance in Miami, cutting him off constantly and just taking down on him. When he told EFN that Kool Herc would not ever talk to him or knows who he is I thought it was just classless.

Damn, ya'll got the time stamp on this part?

Reading the comments on the Stoute podcast and I feel the same. That man had venom for everybody. And if I learned anything from DC, it's NORE's love for Akinyele...I at least thought he'd check Stoute for talking wild about him.

I'd like to see Mase, Cam, and Jim on Drink Champs. It really needs to happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing a underrated Queens episode with Mega, Mic, Capone, Royal Flush, Nature....

Mic Geronimo posted a response to Steve Stoute on IG

It's crazy he said that about Mic Geronimo

When in Queens everyone, including Nas is a son to Trag, Shan and G Rap. That's why Mega, Nas, Nature, Royal Flush and Mic have so many similarities. Plus the Rakim influence.

Just like Biggie and Jay were influenced by Kane.

Nas never invented anything other than being a dope emcee.

I remember NORE taking a shot at Mic last year about him being a carpenter or something.

Jada and Fab on DC this week too and the Rap Radar just dropped...Fab usually a boring interview but him and NORE got history so I'll peep the DC joint.

I feel like fab tries to act like jay z in his interviews

he should be more like how he was on twitter

Mase milking this ****. He trying to do every platform. Hahahaha, I'm down to see him on Drink Champs though.

Still waitin on Lil Flip and The Dream tho. I'll watch Fab and Jada.

Back
Top Bottom