The Combat Jack Show Thread

I know Flip was huge in Houston for years and everyone was jealous BUT outside of Texas, after the beef with TI people just rolled with TI. He had 24s out and that verse on Never Scared. He was the new and cool to mainstream.

I'll have to check out Flip on Cipha. Flip gotta lot of **** to say about other rappers and the industry but he rarely says it. Think he's still hoping for a come back.

Flip was like a singles guy. Outside of Houston people I've never heard people praise his music like that. I can't even name a Flip album. Once TI destroyed him on that tape he was done.

Flip was popular outside of Texas when those two albums dropped. Undaground Legend and U Gotta Feel Me. UL was a dope *** album but UGFM was ****in trash.

flip lost steam because flip, he got lazy and started having horrible production

ti never had that type of power

nobody he beefed with stopped making moves

"My Mind Playing Tricks On Me" wasn't mainstream? Scarface was mainstream long before Lil Flip.

Lil Flip is on The Cipha this week

that’s what I said

flip was the first since face

He it's just a coincidence that Flip fell when him and TI started beefin? TI clowned him, that's a fact. It's probably other reasons why flip fell off but TI had a hand in it.

luda also fell off after the ti beef which had nothing to do with ti

are you also gonna tell me ti ended ludas musical career?

and 50 and that producer basically stole his get money song

tis musical career is also trash right now

also shorty lo had hits after his ti beef too

flip lost steam because flip, he got lazy and started having horrible production

ti never had that type of power

nobody he beefed with stopped making moves

that’s what I said

flip was the first since face

Yep. Flip's ascent into the mainstream brought big label attention to Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, and Chamillionaire, not Face and UGK. Without him breaking out, that spotlight either doesn't pop up here, or gets delayed.

Agree about the production as well, but for me it was mostly the flow change as to why I can't really listen to him anymore, on top on the gun/trap talk, which wasn't him. That's pretty much explained here

Last edited:
I never liked Lil Flip and thought he was pretty terrible. He sounded like an early 80's rapper to me. I never saw his appeal, so I saw why he flamed out fast.

I remember first seeing this video on Uncut :lol:. Flip was SO simple to me. I could never understand why dudes called him “the freestyle king”. Didn’t get it then. Still don’t.

With that said...his lyrical simplicity worked. He had great production and new how to make records. He was def a “singles guy” to those of us outside of Houston. Never cared to check a flip album....but his singles and features were always dope.

Game over was my first ever ringtone :pimp:.

yeah, I feel like he was one of the few Houston rappers who’s music made it up to NY. Amazing considering how simple he was.

Luda started doing movies. Luda still had hits after the TI beef.

I never said TI ended his career. I said he had a hand in it. Flip's music was never that good. Good music trumps everything. That's why TI had way more longevity than him.

He was the Freestyle King because he could just freestyle and rhyme. It wasn't the greatest freestyles you ever heard but it was off the dome and he'd go for 10 minutes or an hour straight. Not many can do that.

His rhymes were mad simple, nothing crazy. Just talking **** over dope beats.

Luda’s downfall was he went waaaay too far into the cartoonish, silly ****. Kinda like Eminem. And the sound of Atlanta had bypassed him. Crunk and Trap Music were burgeoning and changing the landscape....while Luda was doing movies and corny singles.

His rhyme patter started getting stale, and he just became “un cool”. I still think Ludacris is one of the dopest and most underrated MC’s from the south though. When he wanted to get in that bag...he could spit with the best of them.

“So please get off the T.I.P. of my ****” :lol: :pimp:

Yeah, I couldn't listen to Ludacris after album four or five. It just got corny for some reason. I still think he's dope as **** though. First three albums were FIRE.

Luda’s downfall was he went waaaay too far into the cartoonish, silly ****. Kinda like Eminem. And the sound of Atlanta had bypassed him. Crunk and Trap Music were burgeoning and changing the landscape....while Luda was doing movies and corny singles.

His rhyme patter started getting stale, and he just became “un cool”. I still think Ludacris is one of the dopest and most underrated MC’s from the south though. When he wanted to get in that bag...he could spit with the best of them.

Pretty much my same feelings on Ludacris. Always thought he was a better pure rapper than T.I., but T.I. was way more consistent and never made outright embarrassing songs. The Em comparison is pretty spot on, but unlike Em, Ludacris actually has some listenable songs and even a good album after his peak :lol: (Ludaversal)

Looking at Jim's fit then flips :lol:

That song and video is ****in trash.

I forgot Flip had that Lucky Nights drink. I would love to see the order of all the rappers who had a drink.

Last edited:

I agree with all of this and Luda being underrated

I can't blame Luda though, him being like that got him on Fast & The Furious

Agree about the production as well, but for me it was mostly the flow change as to why I can't really listen to him anymore, on top on the gun/trap talk, which wasn't him. That's pretty much explained here

that whole explanation of both lil flip generally & as it pertained to ti, complete with common sense analogies, was great!

ti has his best diss against shorty lo and he was still making moves

ti helping to end flips career just isn’t true

as yall can see the houston rappers who came after flip are also gone and had the same length of runs

ti been catching accidental bodies for years

not one person he dissed had their career ended off him

honestly I haven’t seen it happen successfully since 50 and ja rule off the top

His Flip disses was just as good as what happening. We can agree to disagree on TI helping to end him.

Cuz every I hear Flips name come up TI's come up. Gucci had a line saying "nobody will do me like Tip did flip".

09EB5F94-CBF2-446A-B940-C59B0D3188C1.jpeg

nice collection of freestyles and songs if you like the old flip or wanna hear the old flip

pause at the name

also he has a 4 track ep that actually sounds nice that dropped this year that I just checked out

Back
Top Bottom