The Combat Jack Show Thread

I was off Ja after 3:36. Album was trash and the rest were as well. He had joints on every album though.

You could take away GRODT and it's still no competition for me.

the nore track is nice

glad he kept his verses short lol

it's basically pharrell ft nore but I wonder how far it'll go

bout to peep the Joe pod, just watched Adrien Broner on drink champs. for once, somebody that really should listen to nore . ab gets in the way of ab

yo efn really should just not show up at this point

NORE a low key narcissist when he drunk. EFN sounded hurt during the Bun ep....When NORE cut Bun bigging up EFN to circle back to a story about Pimp C saying NORE was a real n****

:smh: :lol:

He been hyping this for a while, not what I expected from NORE, interested to see how it does for him.

Pharrell threw this man an oop....and NORE didn't jump for the Rock :lol:. That early 2000s NORE flow just don't fit with that track.

He really didn't even have to rap on it like that. Could've did some random, off best island chanting and it maybe could've worked.

After hearing Mal talk about this Floyd fight, I can't listen to him talk sports. Even the Irish clown guy on set doesn't sound this dumb.

Some of these people kill me with that "Let him go down" ****. Dude was gassed the last 3rds, walking around looking drunk, his arms was dead, getting his head beat in the 10th. This ain't the UFC. If you can't defend yourself the ref is gonna stop it.

Last edited:
also some ufc refs have been notoriously bad for not stopping fights on time

the exact opposite of let em die mal's theory

The Chronic, 2001, Graduation, MBDTF and No Way Out are great albums and some are classics but they're compilation albums. I still enjoy them but the main artists for them would never make my top 50 list.
how is graduation a compilation album???

I only rate people by the quality of music and impact

all the other s**t is pretty meaningless for me

but of course I appreciate skill within a good song

Every Kanye album has 50+ writers and 50+ producers. Not sure how anyone would say they're not compilation albums. Kanye is just too egotistical so he fronts like it's his.

Mayweather fight was a scam and planned out like WWE. May had chances to knock him out plenty of times in each round but didn't because it wasn't the plan

Last edited:
Every Kanye album has 50+ writers and 50+ producers. Not sure how anyone would say they're not compilation albums. Kanye is just too egotistical so he fronts like it's his.

Mayweather fight was a scam and planned out like WWE. May had chances to know him out plenty of times in each doing but didn't because it wasn't the plan
:lol: ok
ill give u that one

mal sounded ridiculous talking about the fight , then he just kinda sounded riculous for the rest of the ep

efn literally does nothing but interject when nore is a little too drunk or high , co sign the obvious , or just listen . but his personality doesnt fit . granted he's probably nore's guy fr fr off camera , but the guest dont sense that and it doesnt come off that way . usually they are kinda thrown off by efn when he finally speaks cause he's so ghost during the episodes . because of how they relate with the host rory and mal make sense , premium pete made sense , ect. efn just here to let u know hes a cuban from miami

EFN is a nerd, doesn't fit the podcast at all but he knows his hip hop and keeps things on track when NORE is drunk or asking the same questions over and over.

EFN and Nore are a weird combination. I wish he would step up more when Nore uses the bathroom or when Nore gets too drunk.

Pete got rid of the annoying chick on the pod? The last couple of ones I noticed she wasn't there. I might have to listen to his pod more now. I don't get Smush's hate for Kobe, sounds like he was a loaner and just didn't mess with you. Oh yeah, I forgot Kobe dissed him when he was saying he was playing with Smush

Mal when he disrespected Phonte :smh:

I think when you rank rappers, you have to rate their ability to actually spit, albums are another criteria. And do you not include Pun, L and Biggie, because their carers were so short?

You can't say Elzhi and Royce can't rap and aren't two of the best to ever touch a mic, because they don't have classic albums or classic songs. And you can't say Sean Price and Pharoahe Monch aren't some of the best, because they didn't sell millions of records and weren't mainstream.

50 Cent raps better than Cormega or AZ? But he's in a top list why? Because he's a favorite of yours? classic album? popularity? What's the criteria?
Cam raps better than Big L or Black Rob? He's not even better than McGruff, at actually rapping.

I normally hate peoples list, because they're so disrespectful. People should say, since I started listening to rap or since 2000. There are my favorites. Not, these are the best to do it.

Because like Mal, you can't say Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G Rap or KRS are irrelevant, when they paved the way and influenced so many rappers.

I'm not going to discredit Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz or Kool Moe Dee because they were before my time

Just like how people will say Floyd is the best ever. Dog, you've been watching boxing for ten years. What about Henry Armstrong, Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Ali...because you didn't watch them, they don't count? So stop calling one person the GOAT, when you have no knowledge of the other hundred years of the sport.

Goodie Mob on Ed lover is fire. Real interesting how a label head was tryna force them to dumb they music down.

5I5s8.png

Said to them "You guys don't get your **** sucked??"

Goodie Mob on Ed lover is fire. Real interesting how a label head was tryna force them to dumb they music down.

5I5s8.png

Said to them "You guys don't get your **** sucked??"

:lol::lol::lol::smh:

Don't doubt that story for a second either. Still mad that these culture vulture type outsiders were allowed to have so much influence on what got put out there back in the day.

no one else has the capital to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at these rappers

and most rappers don't have the capital to say no or truly understand the importance of turning down upfront money

opportunity and greed

I took it to another place but a n**** emotional right now

just seeing alotta people here in houston hurt and many don't care, businesses rushing n***** back to work like everything all good

ya boy is fed up smh

It's not even really big upfront money anymore

Artist need to start looking at it long term. The majority of your money is made from touring anyway. You can get small bags as your buzz grows.

It's different from in the 90's when Goodie Mobb started. You don't need the radio, BET or MTV anymore.

Record labels just changed their hustle. Bun B was talking about it on Rap Radar, they'll give you a 40+ page contract and have you read four or five pages. When the other 30+ is what you really need to read. Now they're getting a percentage of your merch and touring, and labels do even less. There's no street teams, no advertising with commercials and magazines, no in stores, barely any artist and development. I'm like damn, what are you paying them for? They press only a few thousand CD's. You can put your music on datpiff, itunes, youtube and soundcloud yourself. They just piggy back off the buzz you already built, because they rarely even sign people without a following already.

But didn't know you were from Houston All Ready All Ready . Did you make it through it ok?

Last edited:
no one else has the capital to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at these rappers

and most rappers don't have the capital to say no or truly understand the importance of turning down upfront money

opportunity and greed

I took it to another place but a n**** emotional right now

just seeing alotta people here in houston hurt and many don't care, businesses rushing n***** back to work like everything all good

ya boy is fed up smh

True indeed. Nowadays the internet cuts the middle man out but yeah, in the 80's, 90's, even in the 2000's, there was almost no other way.

And kinda sidebar, but have you heard of any legit places in Houston that are doing real work in the community that need donations? Especially in minority neighborhoods. I'm not sending **** to the Red Cross

Back
Top Bottom