The Combat Jack Show Thread

Bobby Brown claims he taught Michael Jackson the moonwalk. :lol:

but Mike did say he learned it from three kids in his book.

In honor of his birthday

Not sure if you guys are in to boxing, but the Adrien Bronner Drink Champs is good.

I'm pretty done with him as a boxer. He tries to be Floyd, but his defense isn't at Floyd's level. He doesn't throw enough punches to beat elite competition It's one thing to be swinging at you and missing, tiring themselves out. It's another when they're hitting you and building up rounds, so you can only win by KO after the seventh. I was done with him after the Shawn Porter fight. The same thing happen with Garcia.

His rapping also sucks. EFN badgering him about naming rappers :lol: It was also sort of sad he couldn't name any. Because you listen to music doesn't mean you should make it. Everyone listens to music. And also a record label is a bad investment for an athlete. It's a money pit that never pays off.

First thing Broner says on the podcast is "I'm focused on my music and having fun" :lol:

I was hoping dudes would get right but clearly he loves the life way more than boxing.

I made a mistake and listen to Budden's podcast one time....never again :lol:.

This ***** swore up and down that Cousins, Melo and Paul George would be Lakers by the trade deadline or something like that :rofl:.

He's like a FB meme casual sports fan.

Yeah I think he said Lebron, CP3 and PG was going to the Lakers. As a Laker fan I'm like stop son. :lol: And his source is supposed to be somebody that's in those circles.

Mal had 50 rappers in his top 20.

Confessions Of Fire and Harlem World are classic :stoneface: It's classic because it encompasses the era? Then what are Life Story and Child Of The Ghetto because both are better albums.

Mal is like the teacher who grades every student on a curve, so the whole class gets A's and B's.

And how do you have Kanye and Drake in your top whatever when it's been already noted they get help? And I'm not seeing four classics from Kanye.

First thing Broner says on the podcast is "I'm focused on my music and having fun" :lol:

I was hoping dudes would get right but clearly he loves the life way more than boxing.

He wants the fame more than he wants to be great. Rap and the WSHH clips and videos are another way to get attention.

Him talking about making weight also didn't make sense. So you'll make weight if if effects your pockets? Him going up in weight has taken away his power. It's a reason that Floyd and Bernard Hopkins lasted so long being elite fighters. They took care of their bodies and walk around close to their fighting weight. Having to cut weight takes a toll on your body.

Man, Mal talking sports is hilarious.

Him talking rap is just as bad.

He's like an older version of Ak to me.

Rory has a more mature opinion of rap than he does. He acted like you can't go back and listen to Rakim and Kool G Rap. This is why I say rap fans are stupid. A fan of any other genre wouldn't say that dumb ****. I can't listen to Bob Marley, Marvin, Stevie or Led Zepplin, because they were before my time. :smh:

You should hear him talking about the Floyd/McGregor fight.:rofl:

:smh:

He didn't understand what Joe was saying.

And how do you have Kanye and Drake in your top whatever when it's been already noted they get help?
why does this matter???
i could see if the music they made were
really uplifting like some chuck d
or 2pac
or mos def/talib
common stuff or something
but their music
is just to entertain
I've never heard them give u life lessons
and game in their music like the artists i mentioned
never heard it and felt uplifted
their music is for pure entertainment
which i can say from an PURELY entertainment perspective
someone(not me) could consider their work classic
also still don't see how michael
beyonce and people like them
people consider have classic material
but its known they had help
doesn't make me lose respect for them in any kinda way
we need to get off that he got help wave
cause its some rappers i hear today
i WISH
they had gotten help

Rory has a more mature opinion of rap than he does. He acted like you can't go back and listen to Rakim and Kool G Rap.
yeah he tripping
i still vibe out and list to
the adventures of slick rick
paid in full
radio
more older hip hop stands the test of time
than the stuff thats released in the last 10 years

"Mal is dumb" had me rollin'.

Most conovs about the mayweather/megregor fight are cringeworthy.

I haven't heard it yet but when it comes to rap, it seems like Mal doesn't want to say anything bad about anyone.

I remember when they did a top 10 and Budden listed like 12 rappers ahead of Wayne and Mal agreed but then said he's still in his top 10. Hahahahaha

Will always Like a Child of the Ghetto or Life Story mention. Been wanting to get T shirts with those album covers on them but just been lazy. Heard it costs cheese to put album covers on shirts.

I did my top 50 in order a few weeks ago. That **** was hard. It's not easy. You think of skill, impact, replay value, success, quantity and quality, **** was tough. Kanye, Dre, Puff, Drake were not even on the board or an option.

The Chronic, 2001, Graduation, MBDTF and No Way Out are great albums and some are classics but they're compilation albums. I still enjoy them but the main artists for them would never make my top 50 list.

Last edited:
hate when people say floyd not a power puncher as in he can't

he just doesn't as much as others but he definitely has the ability to lay someone out

Smush Parker is on Premium Pete's pod. That should be interesting :lol:

Last edited:
After hearing Mal talk about this Floyd fight, I can't listen to him talk sports. Even the Irish clown guy on set doesn't sound this dumb.

I don't get it

Lebron isn't going to be playing hard against his son in the backyard.

How hard is that not to understand? Sometimes I just think Mal just isn't that bright. Not even like Wax, because with Wax I think it's an act.

Lebron wins, because his son(the fans) is happy and it was fun.. His son(the fans) are happy, because he thought he had a chance.

and both laugh all the way to the bank at the sham they pulled where people actually thought a guy who only fought as an amateur could beat one of the best fighters of all time.

They really thought it was Rocky :lol:

Last edited:
Mal said Ja discography better than 50. Super buggin.

Then Rory not even mentioning VVV as Ja's best album. Smh

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I was trying to block that from my mind. Ja Rule has a better discography :rofl:

50 has songs better than anything Ja has ever done not on a collab with X and Jay.

Ya the Ja over 50 argument is absolutely insane! GRODT destroys anything Ja has ever recorded, and it's not even close.

bout to peep the Joe pod, just watched Adrien Broner on drink champs. for once, somebody that really should listen to nore . ab gets in the way of ab

yo efn really should just not show up at this point

you can argue that ja and 50 made the same type of music and that ja might of been up there with 50 in popularity and both had hits

I don't think I'd say ja had a better discography tho

I will say people completely threw away ja's career when 50 took over

Back
Top Bottom