The Combat Jack Show Thread

WHO'S to say that intelligence and perspective is there when your 40 & not 24.. people have very different experiences in life

Son, once the strippers started talking and sounding dumb as hell, I had to check out.
sick.gif

that was the last 20 minutes

really just reminded me why I haven't been in a strip club in 10 plus years

ak was caping heavy but they're literally his income

So according to the internet, marisa was in her feelings when she wasnt invited to the joint podcast with TBI. She vented to Rosenberg, thus amping him to talk trash about Joe on air...which resulted in marisa getting fired

So on one hand she says she doest want to do the Joe podcast because of Drake being the lead topic lately. But she wanted to go on TBI when Drake was going to be 95% of the discussion?

Last edited:
She said Joe didn't even tell her about that episode at all. I mean isn't that some information you share with co-hosts? They aren't suppose to find out when we do.

It's not about her being there, it's about her not being aware about things happening in a situation (podcast) she was clearly apart of.

Conduct your business as a adult.

A simple "hey we're recording with Charlemagne today so I think you should sit this one out" comes out much better than letting your co host find out when you advertise the podcast a day before it comes out

What would she add to the conversation? Honestly I wish Schulz and Rory weren't there either.

I don't think she would've have even went if she knew but its odd he didn't tell her that would be the show for the week.

I'm not sure if HOT ppl aren't allowed to mix with Power or if they just have a blind loyalty but its weird either way.

When she said she was tired of the pod I took it as she's tired of talking about Drake not she doesn't want to be on the show.

She was damn near in tears in that interview, I highly doubt she wanted to leave the podcast or was tired of it. She doesn't have a high ranking job with Hot 97, she's not **** to them. I think y'all are overthinking this. I'm sure there were plenty of conversations that happened before and after he canned her dumb *** and I doubt we'll hear the whole story. Joe kind of hinted at telling what happened on his podcast but I think he just leaves it alone.

She was damn near in tears in that interview, I highly doubt she wanted to leave the podcast or was tired of it. She doesn't have a high ranking job with Hot 97, she's not **** to them. I think y'all are overthinking this. I'm sure there were plenty of conversations that happened before and after he canned her dumb *** and I doubt we'll hear the whole story. Joe kind of hinted at telling what happened on his podcast but I think he just leaves it alone.

She did a periscope over the weekend and said he sent her a text that said "you're fired" she replied huh she didn't answer. She called he didn't answer and that was it. Said she talked to Rory and after she explained whatever she explained he said that's not how he heard it and it made sense what she said (i'm guessing whatever she told Peter).

If what she says is true that's probably why Joe leaves it alone.

Joe overreacted and acted off emotion when Peter did his rant but is too stubborn to admit he is wrong for firing her. But at this point she knows that is how he is and she cant get her job back anyway.

Last edited:

I think you're mixing your dislike of her on the podcast with how you treat people and friends.

It's not about her being there, it's about her not being aware about things happening in a situation (podcast) she was clearly apart of.

Conduct your business as a adult.

A simple "hey we're recording with Charlemagne today so I think you should sit this one out" comes out much better than letting your co host find out when you advertise the podcast a day before it comes out

Exactly

Yea...Joe was very clear in saying that no conversation took place and that he never needed/wanted one to take place either. He knows he was wrong and he doesn't want to be told that.

If he never has to confront her feelings about it, he can just skate away and not feel guilty. But I can tell by the Twitter energy that he put into this thing ther he supposedly doesn't care about that he feels guilty and knows that he handled the whole thing very poorly. He's been RTing people who agree with him because he needs that validation. But...he knows. He doesn't value people that care about him. It's something he's pretty honest and candid about in music but seems to fight/justify in real life. He really only wants to have one way narratives. He doesn't want to hear how his behavior hurts people who love him. He doesn't like to be told about himself...even if it's the very same thing he told you in a song. (Him hitting women is something that stands out in that. He's rapped about hitting women, but when asked, he gets offended.) Wild guy.

I think he can deal with people hating him. But when people love him and are hurt by him and aren't just running around throwing dirt on his name, it hurts him. He can call them sensitive and make them seem over emotional, but...he knows. There's gonna be a day he looks up and nobody will be around and it's gonna suck.

Last edited:
Yea...Joe was very clear in saying that no conversation took place and that he never needed/wanted one to take place either. He knows he was wrong and he doesn't want to be told that.

If he never has to confront her feelings about it, he can just skate away and not feel guilty. But I can tell by the Twitter energy that he put into this thing ther he supposedly doesn't care about that he feels guilty and knows that he handled the whole thing very poorly. He's been RTing people who agree with him because he needs that validation. But...he knows. He doesn't value people that care about him. It's something he's pretty honest and candid about in music but seems to fight/justify in real life. He really only wants to have one way narratives. He doesn't want to hear how his behavior hurts people who love him. He doesn't like to be told about himself...even if it's the very same thing he told you in a song. (Him hitting women is something that stands out in that. He's rapped about hitting women, but when asked, he gets offended.) Wild guy.

I think he can deal with people hating him. But when people love him and are hurt by him and aren't just running around throwing dirt on his name, it hurts him. He can call them sensitive and make them seem over emotional, but...he knows. There's gonna be a day he looks up and nobody will be around and it's gonna suck.

Can't mess with Joe or his music. How can anyone justify the way he treated people that are clearly help him out. He
did her super dirty, and will probably pay in the long run for that.

Nah, I'm going to listen tonight. I think I just have Combat Jack fatigue.
laugh.gif

That and for some reason I really am not a fan of live episodes.

I thought he was going to say she came out with a bunch of condoms. :lol:

This Ed Love episode is really good

I grew up on coming home from school watching Ed and Dre.

Why would y'all think an Ed lover episode would be a snooze fest? Ed has been very entertaining for years.

That 2 pac, left eye story [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji], :lol:

That was a live episode with good sound quality

That was a really good episode. Damn, Power did him like that :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom