The Combat Jack Show Thread

Yo Joe is nostradamus on the low. He predicted this on his last album on that only human track.

Ebro was super corny when he started joking at the end when joe said lets talk about something else. Trying to belittle Arab and joe for wanting to talk about their project. "What else you want to talk about? Beats, snares, high hats?"

That was super messed up, he wouldn't had did that to Arab if he was with Cam.

It was funny seeing Joe in a convo he couldn't manipulate. If Ebro wasn't in the room it probably would have went his way. :lol: The nerve of Joe calling people sensitive tho. We all know Rosenberg super sensitive, but so is he.

Yep, Ebro said you aren't going to do it to me. That was Joe's frustration, he's not used to someone doing that to him.

that didn't seem like anything worth being fired over and definitely a conversation they could've had over the phone

Exactly. Joe has just been ******** on Peter for years, and he's not used to him responding back.

Ebro was super corny when he started joking at the end when joe said lets talk about something else. Trying to belittle Arab and joe for wanting to talk about their project. "What else you want to talk about? Beats, snares, high hats?"

Naw, he was right. If you think Joe went on any show they would want to talk about his podcast or Drake. Especially with the drama with Pete and Marissa and Joe. Hell, Ebro cared enough about Marissa to call Joe over the ****.

Has anybody in here actually listened to a Joe Budden album that was released in the last 5 years? All the way through? Seriously curious.

As far as the interview tho, I'm not mad at hot97. Joe had to know those topics would be brought up. Acting like he doesn't wanna talk about Drake when he put out 4 disses and turned his podcast into nothing but Drake talk for a couple weeks is ridiculous. People want to hear you speak on this Drake issue right now much more than your bum *** album, that's just what it is, you created that situation.

As far as firing Marissa over text for what Pete said, he's lame for that. And Pete was right about him treating friends like **** while trying to earn the approval of people that look down on him and talk down to him. And about Joe running with a group of all new people. But Joe is a ****** up dude and this has been obvious for a long time now.

I'm really just surprised why these people, Pete especially, tried so hard to align themselves with him given that fact. You knew he was a d***head going in. Why wouldn't you expect him to act this way.

This. Even Marissa said that's how he is. It's odd how people have been saying Joe is a ****** up for years, but it's like they think he would never do that to them. But he has, they just took it.

At Power they kept bringing up the court cases and not the music also.

:rofl: @ How different Rosenberg sounded from when Joe wasn't and was there.

He was going in in that clip.:lol:

Even after he left how he brought up how he brought sponsors and brought up his wife. I think to a degree he knows how Joe is and knows he can't be wrong.

Yeah, that was dumb too. Hot 97 been a joke. Desperate for clicks and views. When he left they were saying im sure he goes to that other radio station and is nice to them. What kind of soft B made **** is that to say??? Sucka ****.

Marissa saying that's how Joe is. Then why are you hurt? Why would he respect you when you don't even respect yourself? He's been shidding on you nonstop because you're dumb.

Last edited:
That was meant to clown Joe and his attempts to divert the convo moreso than to belittle Araab, but yeah it didn't come off in the best way.

time out

a ctg and joe pod ? so is ctg dropping shulz ? theyre that cool ?

[emoji]129300[/emoji] word ?

Last edited:
Joe wanted to do an 20 + minute interview with him and AraabMuzik just talking about the project really ?

I listen to Joe pod only 2x so Marissa being gone it's not a loss or addition by subtraction for me

But thought the way he touch the subject about her being let go was crazy :smh:

Peter standing up and saying how he felt was fine with me

Ebro :lol:

everybody was heated except for Laura Stylez

Last edited:
Pretty much everyone comes off looking bad here.

I just don't understand using the interview to have this discussion. It came off like they were trying to turn the interview into an intervention. That's corny to me.

They got what they wanted though. A click bait title for one of their videos. Mission accomplished.:lol:

All of this.

Joe is just a weird *** _. I see why Tax went off on him. He's one of them dudes that tries so hard outsmart people in conversations then he ends up looking like a clown.

Rosenberg sounded so hurt at the end. :lol: He bout burn some of Joe's clothes.

"I let you cuss out my wife!!" :lol:

That's probably why he treats y'all like ****. Cuz he know he can.

Last edited:
Hot 97 struggling for views so they do whatever it takes. Then they talk about the man for 10 mins after he left, then the sound board man giving his opinion on Joe, when he haven't done anything in his life to even be allowed to talk on camera like that.

He is actully the show producer and the host of the whos next showcase.

I originally thought yall were saying she was fired from hot97

the whole situation is super uninteresting tho

Still don't see how people rock with Joe. I can understand music, because of its subjective nature, but outside of that (podcasts, interviews, personal relationships, etc.) dude seems like a lost cause. God bless him though.

How's he lost cause because he real?, I'm not even a fan of his music beside one song off mood muzik 2 or 3.... He speak facts and back up his thoughts with facts, you no different from Ebro, you pick a view that's easy to win a argument if need be. Since he's not typical like most rapper like most rappers he's drug up or weirdo, guess ya mind so simple you don't understand his view in that interview.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

So according to the internet, marisa was in her feelings when she wasnt invited to the joint podcast with TBI. She vented to Rosenberg, thus amping him to talk trash about Joe on air...which resulted in marisa getting fired

Maybe, but if I vent to someone 1 on 1 about somebody and didn't want them to know about it...I probably don't let that person take up for me ON AIR. 

Playing devil's advocate...or just using plain logic here...If I'm Joe Budden and somebody talks sideways about me on air...I'm probably going to be like **** that person AND whoever put the battery in their back. 

Last edited:
Eh both of those people are his friends not randoms its worth asking for clarification before reacting. He's the last one that should be in their feelings for whats said about them or how its said.

I wonder if Rosenburg apologized to Marisa in anyway. Won't get her her spot back but he owes her that.

I've noticed the last few days that morning show loves to repeat private conversations. Ebro did it with whatever him and Aubrey talked about after his MSG show and Peter did it after Joe left about something I can't remember. All them ****** talk about off air **** too much on air.

Joe gotta stop taking advantage of these little girls. Smashing a 24 year old when you're almost 40 is cool but cuffing one? Comes off like you can't get a established woman IMO still kind of cool that he got Yaris and Cyn though :lol:

Imo, there was nothing for Marisa to contribute to the TBI x INTPL mashup. Joe and Ctg both brought their own personal yes men to discuss Ctg calling Joe out and Drake stuff. Where would she have been beneficial to that cluster**** of a conversation?

How's he lost cause because he real?, I'm not even a fan of his music beside one song off mood muzik 2 or 3.... He speak facts and back up his thoughts with facts, you no different from Ebro, you pick a view that's easy to win a argument if need be. Since he's not typical like most rapper like most rappers he's drug up or weirdo, guess ya mind so simple you don't understand his view in that interview.

I'm simple minded, yet the difference between being lost and being a lost cause seems to have eluded you. Take your cape off for just a moment so I can help you out a bit softie. Joe gets credit for not wanting to discuss personal matters on a radio show. I commend him for saying there were other mediums for the conversation to be had. But he is in deed a lost cause because of his actions throughout his career. You see just how embittered he is by the industry in this interview. Your guy fired a woman because of the rant of another man said, instead of approaching that man and discussing it with him. If that's "real" to you, then you're no different from ego stroking Rory. To say he doesn't give a **** about people that cared about him/have given him some sort of help in his career is straight scorned burn-like behavior. In most cases, he's indirect and uses verbal gymnastics to evade an actual conversation. People are starting to wise up to this and are calling him out on it. If that's "real" to you, then you're no better than ego stroking Rory. Not once did I say he's a drugged up weirdo, so that lets me know that's your own insecurities as a cap crusader being projected. Joe is hardly different from other rappers, but feel free to get lost in the maze that is his nonsensical logic if you wish. Be respectful fam, god bless.

Last edited:
I still haven't listened Joe's podcast. Based on his interviews ain't no way I'm listening to that _ for over a hour or whatever.

Firing her for Rosenberg's actions is childish.

I understand it in a way. He looked it as a business and you're telling our business. But Peter's name is still on the podcast, he helped start the podcast and he's her friend.

Maybe, but if I vent to someone 1 on 1 about somebody and didn't want them to know about it...I probably don't let that person take up for me ON AIR. 

Playing devil's advocate...or just using plain logic here...If I'm Joe Budden and somebody talks sideways about me on air...I'm probably going to be like **** that person AND whoever put the battery in their back. 

Yeah, but his issue should have been with Peter. That was some cold **** to do to a "friend".

Eh both of those people are his friends not randoms its worth asking for clarification before reacting. He's the last one that should be in their feelings for whats said about them or how its said.

I wonder if Rosenburg apologized to Marisa in anyway. Won't get her her spot back but he owes her that.

I've noticed the last few days that morning show loves to repeat private conversations. Ebro did it with whatever him and Aubrey talked about after his MSG show and Peter did it after Joe left about something I can't remember. All them ****** talk about off air **** too much on air.

Yeah, all parties were involved.

Actually I don't think Marissa was wrong.

Joe should have had numerous personal conversations. His issue should have been with Peter and Peter should have talked to Joe instead of venting on the radio. That was passive aggressive.

and Joe should have called Marissa for both things, the TBI pod and if he had a problem with her talking to Peter.

Imo, there was nothing for Marisa to contribute to the TBI x INTPL mashup. Joe and Ctg both brought their own personal yes men to discuss Ctg calling Joe out and Drake stuff. Where would she have been beneficial to that cluster**** of a conversation? .

Yeah, I get why he didn't invite her. It was Hot and Power. He just should have expressed why or she should have come to him and asked why.

Joe gotta stop taking advantage of these little girls. Smashing a 24 year old when you're almost 40 is cool but cuffing one? Comes off like you can't get a established woman IMO still kind of cool that he got Yaris and Cyn though :lol:

I don't see the big deal in 35 and 24 or whatever. He's not trying to get married.

I think the main issue is for someone who tries to overwhelm people with their supposed intellectual superiority. It's funny to see the women he picks. I can't tolerate stupid women long term no matter how they look.

Back
Top Bottom