The College Basketball Post

I'm not sure that anything new will be revealed about his coaching. He's been at Cincinnati for 13 years. :lol: People have a pretty good idea of who he is. I'm not sure he'll be the answer for the expectations that UCLA's fanbase has either, but I think there may be a question of what are realistic expectations for UCLA right now? Turned down left and right after having an opening since mid-season. It may not be the job that the fans think it is.

And you can disagree with Johnson being a latebloomer, but he literally had a composite ranking of 392 as of June 2017 and he ended at 193 in August of 2018. He's a late bloomer kid for sure. He rose 200 spots from his junior to senior year. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
Lets not put everything on rankings, i knew he was a solid player but he was still #2 in his own section. Im from the area so from my persepctive no he wasnt late just didnt get proper exposure.

UCLA isnt the only team with a problem its the conference as a whole has been on a downwward trend.

monstar monstar when you say the region, I’m assuming you mean SoCal?
And yes southern ca. In reality in college ball california hoops is basically run by so cal with the exception this year being st marys.

Hope Cragg pushes all the chips in on Rick Pitino. Hurley would be an AMAZING get, but Pitino would be on another level. Yea, he's got some baggage, but the time is now to get St. John's basketball back to respectability.

Bill Walton is going to lose his mind watching Cronin coaches teams.

Should’ve swallowed there pride and went for an up and comer. It’s not like this is the first time UCLA has had to settle for their third or fourth option.

UCLA should have waited a wee bit longer and thrown hockey bag duffels at Bennett.

And that St. John’s coaching gig feels like a dead end even tho there’s the obvious appeal. Besides going back home, in what world is the St John’s gig better than ASU for Hurley?

Nah I don’t see Bennett ever leaving UVA unless duke or Unc comes knocking on his door.. which isn’t even likely.

At UVA, Bennett can always fly under the radar in recruiting, develop his guys into 3 and 4 year players and alumni and fans will be happy with ACC chips and tournaments.

Nah I don’t see Bennett ever leaving UVA unless duke or Unc comes knocking on his door.. which isn’t even likely.

At UVA, Bennett can always fly under the radar in recruiting, develop his guys into 3 and 4 year players and alumni and fans will be happy with ACC chips and tournaments.

They have a good chance to repeat next year, IF Jerome comes back.

I see UVA remaining at the top of the ACC the next few years.

I’m assuming Roy and Coach K only have a hand full of years left.

I could see a transition of power in the conference, possibly for the next decade.

They have a good chance to repeat next year, IF Jerome comes back.

I see UVA remaining at the top of the ACC the next few years.

I’m assuming Roy and Coach K only have a hand full of years left.

I could see a transition of power in the conference, possibly for the next decade.

The transition of power has already happened. Uva has came in first in the ACC 4 outta the last 7 years. They have multiple ACC tournament championships as well in the span.. they just didn’t have the same final four success as UNC, but they finally got their title. So yea, the power has officially shifted to UVA. They’re the standard.

Even with K and Roy with less years ahead of them, I hope you don’t expect some huge collapse from both schools, similar to Indiana and UCLA, other traditional ‘blue bloods.’

Unc and duke are always gonna be there in the long run bruh

Back
Top Bottom