The College Basketball Post

Big East still running **** from the grave :pimp:

Tried to bury us but can't hide the fact that ball will always matter more in the Northeast than any other region.

Big East still running **** from the grave :pimp:

Tried to bury us but can't hide the fact that ball will always matter more in the Northeast than any other region.

Repped... Happy for the Big East that we won a chip, sick that I would've won almost 2 grand had UNC won tho :x

Wonder what Jay Wright will do...He is 54, a Pennsylvania guy so I'm sure he is happy as hell but I wonder if Roy/K stepped down in a couple years if he would take one of those jobs.

Also, maybe even go the pro route. I know he does USA basketball so wouldn't be surprised to see bounce possibly if the right job opens up.

Repped, and thanks for setting it up.

Bittersweet since UNC didn't win tonight, though. Some questionable stuff, a lot of which has been mentioned... but I'll leave it alone since this seems to have been the Villanova thread tonight.
No doubt fam. Hope i can do it again next year.

Congrats to Nova,don't think anybody seen that **** coming before the season started...Now the boring grind until October.

SO HAPPY.
PROUD A BIG EAST TEAM COULD WIN EVEN IF WE'RE ACC NOW
EFF UNC

Word.

Lawlz at Carolina.

Jay Wright with the call. Still would have fouled if I was him earlier.

I would also have fouled if I was him.

SO HAPPY.
PROUD A BIG EAST TEAM COULD WIN EVEN IF WE'RE ACC NOW
EFF UNC

QFT...Glad 'Nova won.

ACC, cheating *** UNC, and rat faced Coack K tried to kill the Big East, but we will never die. Our members might be spread about in different conferences now, but the soul of the BIG EAST continues to live.

:smokin :smokin

:pimp: Man I really miss the Big East matchups.

Phil Booth

Mount Saint Joe

MIAA

BALTIMORE :pimp:
Bruh Jay pretty much stole the whole DC and Bmore area. Damn.

Yeah I was shocked when they were announcing the starters and the first three were all from MD. Had no idea. Did any of these guys play on the same AAU teams?

I think the MJcry officially died tonight

Officially.

:rofl: :rofl: @ that security guard

That sucks to be that close and have to have your back turned to the game but at least he saw it on the jumbotron. Reaction was priceless :rofl:

Kris Jenkins lost a ton a weight to become a d1 guy and it paid off. Still has a ways to go. Son is a tank

Last edited:
Jenkins reached legend for life status last night. Buzzer beater for the national championship.....wow

Kris Jenkins lost a ton a weight to become a d1 guy and it paid off. Still has a ways to go. Son is a tank
Yup. He was a really good player in high school at Gonzaga, but he was 6'5 and fat. I think most schools thought he would be more of a mid major type, Maryland included. Really don't think he had a ton of offers from D1 schools...

Been the story of the state ever since the 02 championship ...players from MD go elsewhere and flourish, while UMD gettin dudes from Maine, Arizona n **** :lol: :smh:
Yep happens all the time. Regarding the MD dudes on Nova specifically, I don't think you can be too mad at the Terps...

- Jenkins was thought of as a mid-major recruit and chose Nova over Rutgers, Miami, and Xavier.
- Terps recruited Booth hard, but took Melo Trimble and Dion Wiley over him. Both were better recruits.
- Hart wasn't heavily recruited by anybody. Picked Nova over Penn State and Rutgers.
- Ochefu was targeted by MD but they already had Shaq Cleare committed, who at the time was a better prospect than Ochefu.

Do any of you believe this is possibly "greatest championship game ever" or am I just personally surrounded by too many people who live in the moment? Serious.

Back
Top Bottom