The College Basketball Post

Bari has hit a damn wall. Happens sometimes, but I'm sure we will see him and the whole Duke team rebound a little. 

Embiid #1 now doesn't sound so crazy huh?

Bari has hit a damn wall. Happens sometimes, but I'm sure we will see him and the whole Duke team rebound a little. 

Embiid #1 now doesn't sound so crazy huh?

I need to see how far he's progressed by the NCAA tournament before I anoint him the #1 pick. Right now, I'd still take Jabari, Smart, and Randle over him, which isn't a huge group for him to eventually leap frog.

I need to see how far he's progressed by the NCAA tournament before I anoint him the #1 pick. Right now, I'd still take Jabari, Smart, and Randle over him, which isn't a huge group for him to eventually leap frog.
Jabari would make me think, but no way do I take Smart or Randle over Embiid. Fluid 7footers like him rare, plus I think that his offensive upside is pretty high, along with being a great rim protector. 

Embiid, needs atleast one more year to develop an offensive game and put some weight on.

He could go now but it would serve him better to stay

Said it two weeks ago, I'd take Embiid first, when it doubt, always go size. Jabari struggles getting highlighted but Randle going through it now too.

I wouldn't say Randle is going through it. He's not putting up the same numbers as he was earlier in the season but I think this has more to do with the rest of the team finding it's groove.

Draftexpress.com has the Harrison twins and Dakari listed in the 2015 NBA draft now. Dakari has to come back, along with Lee, hopefully one of the twins do the same.

Only ppl from UK that should leave is Randle, Young and WCS ...always someobody that random that leaves early too tho

Embiid, needs atleast one more year to develop an offensive game and put some weight on.

Develop an offensive game? Did you not watch the game last night? Should be only improved come March.

Weight, maybe. But I doubt we ever see him being huge. Naturally has a slender build, and that's okay, contrary to what many people think. 

word.....and he should also go #1....only thing holding that kid back is if he's a mental ****** which doesn't seem likely....blessed w/ nice size and skills 

Develop an offensive game? Did you not watch the game last night? Should be only improved come March.

Weight, maybe. But I doubt we ever see him being huge. Naturally has a slender build, and that's okay, contrary to what many people think. 

Being able to pass out of a double team is a wonderful skill but I would not say that his offensive game is entirely where it could be.

As a 7 footer the only worry he has is injury. If he continues to develop I find it hard to believe that someone will pass him up as No 1 should he choose to wait another year

he looked great against an undersized Iowa state team but going up against others closer to his size i believe would tell a different story

I agree, length can benefit you just as much as muscle.

I agree, length can benefit you just as much as muscle.

Length benefits you if you know how to use it. Im not saying he should put on 30 or look like Dwight

there were to many times where I saw him getting pushed off the block way to easily. If this was last season with him playing it would be easier to see what I am getting at

he is talented dont get me wrong. I just think another year would serve him well

Well if you say you want to see him play against similar sized guys he certainly isn't getting that on the college level...or many places exactly.

^ That is exactly why I say he should stay, continue to work on his offensive game and dominate both sides of the floor like the old great bigs used to do.

He isnt dominating on the offensive end against smaller guys as is. So why not stay and work?

I agree. Even AP needs to come back another year.
What exactly would another year do for him at this point? People just need to calibrate expectations for him. Dirty work tweener guy at best. 
Being able to pass out of a double team is a wonderful skill but I would not say that his offensive game is entirely where it could be.

As a 7 footer the only worry he has is injury. If he continues to develop I find it hard to believe that someone will pass him up as No 1 should he choose to wait another year

he looked great against an undersized Iowa state team but going up against others closer to his size i believe would tell a different story
His offensive game being not entirely where it could isn't a reason to come back. Guys who come into the NBA a finished product are rare. Most top players have potential to improve, that's why teams draft them high. He has no reason to come back. Being 19 and having potential to get a lot better is a great thing.

^ That is exactly why I say he should stay, continue to work on his offensive game and dominate both sides of the floor like the old great bigs used to do.

He isnt dominating on the offensive end against smaller guys as is. So why not stay and work?

Son, what are you tommbout? :lol:

1) You're talking like it's guaranteed that he'll dominate on offense next year. What happens if he doesn't and his stock plummets? That happens and you'll be the same dude saying he should have left when his stock was top 5.

2) You don't think going against pros day in and day out over the course of an 82 game season doesn't benefit him more than a 35 game season in college?

AP "needs" to come back? no ****. lol... as if he has a choice.

I still like him to be be a solid player... minutes and #'s are down compared to last year, but he's gotten better. similar to what Jones did his sophomore year.

he's been disappointing ever since showing what he's capable of here... may be Cal's first 3 and done.

!) His stock wont plummet due to lack of offensive dominance especially since he doesnt have it now, so that doesnt make sense. He is a Center not a guard. And no i never assumed he would dominate I said it would give him a chance to continue his development on the offensive.

2) Going to the pros can server anyone well, but unfortunately bigs who enter the league without a solid offensive game end up being only 1 dimensional and that is on the defensive end

you act like the NBA and playing against elite competition is the only way to get better. For many guys it becomes intimidating and causes guys to lose confidence then soon find themselves out of the league.

Again, I fall back on my stance that waiting one year will not hurt the guy

Back
Top Bottom