The College Basketball Post

Both teams playing zone = butt ugly game. Okafor looks sluggish on the defensive end too.

K got that "Karate Chop" smile on his face all game though :lol:

Last edited:

Just wondering why no one called this one out.  LMA had a "pure jump shot"??? I watched the guy at Texas and he by no means had a pure jumper in college.  Only shot 65% from the FT line in his 2 years, didn't take a 3, and played almost strictly in the post.  He is clearly more in the Ibaka category of developing his jumper and not having always had a pure stroke like Dirk and Bosh. Just my 2 cents tho
Not familiar with his college %'s but he used to shoot a TON of jumpers/3's in HS and on the AAU circuit. 

I didn't know "pure jumper" meant somebody had to have a shot like Dirk. Aldridge shot the ball pretty damn well in college. I don't know what Texas games you were watching.

Aldridge did take a lot of jumpers at Texas and didn't do much work in the paint, PJ tucker was the one that was playing bully ball in the paint on Texas.  Aldridge was playing in the high post 

Ain't no big man walking the earth as pure as Dirk but LMA a shooter, always.

Last edited:
I actually thought LMA was gonna be a bust because he never played in the post at Texas and settled for too many jump shots.

Someone please enlighten me: is Okafor typically that lazy on D? The only time I saw him show effort and energy was when he had a clear rebound or someone literally brought it to his chest. He just out of shape right now or this his typical game?

I actually thought LMA was gonna be a bust because he never played in the post at Texas and settled for too many jump shots.

Someone please enlighten me: is Okafor typically that lazy on D? The only time I saw him show effort and energy was when he had a clear rebound or someone literally brought it to his chest. He just out of shape right now or this his typical game?

You not gunna answer me, I aint answering u. Yes salty about SantaCon.

i thought it was just me. Kid looked lazy and soft. pouting and complaining to teammates like a clown. Now Tyus, i like. i cant wait until hes in blue and sends Quinn bumass to the pine.

First time seeing Tyus, wow.......Malachi Richardson announcing to Cuse today, guess the Acc move ain't hurting the ny/nj recruiting like so many "experts" predicted

Question for all the regulars...

If you could go to ANY school in the nation, which would it be? You can't pick ur favorite school.

And why?
Arizona right now for me over anywhere.  Weather, cool coach, solid program, and a good fanbase.

Malachi Richardson going to the 'Cuse is what it sounds like? Boeheim better not retire anytime soon, this is the best recruiting he's ever done.

Like PP said above me, always thought that was weird when "experts" said changing conferences would hurt your recruiting. 

Last edited:

I wouldn't be worried about it, you see this a lot on the high shcool level with C'S with premium positional size, the game sort of becomes too easy, because of the lack of real competition his size, in international play with real competition he put in work.

He lacks lateral quickness, but his immense size will make him a solid rim protector, think Brook Lopez's defense now it doesn't look pretty but being tall makes up for a a lot, it won't be a problem in college.

Last edited:
Also the 7'5 wingspan helps

Guy looks great running the floor as well, we all know about his offensive repertoire but to be 6'11 270 and have speed like that in the open floor is a true asset.

Hopefully he keeps working on his body as well as he has thus far, he's a rare talent.

Richardson to Syracuse. Lydon is in 2015 with him.

McCullough and Joesph next year, and the freshman now don't even get any burn. Team is too loaded. 
pimp.gif

he's good. his body is still transforming.

and i give him a pass b/c they seemed to be running a lot of offense through him. and he put up 22/15 boards against another 6'10"-6'11" guy. and also had 3 blocks. Not sure how many assists he had, but he passed the ball well to dissect the zone too.

You not gunna answer me, I aint answering u. Yes salty about SantaCon.

I'll have plenty of SantaCon pics for you. It's. Going. Down tomorrow.

If I had to choose, I'd go to UNC or UCLA. I'm biased because I went to Duke and know what it's like down there in the triangle and absolutely miss the schenanigans down there and second, at both schools basketball is the #1 sport over football so the yambs will be standing at attention from day 1.

To be honest though, the yambs are going to be plentiful and good looking at ANY high end power conference school.

I'd pick Arizona all day.

Imagine the increase in quality yambs that point guard that transferred from Duquesne has received :lol:

Back
Top Bottom