Wiggins :pimp:

Maple Jordan :pimp: :pimp:
Break From Toronto :pimp:
Masai knows :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Corey Brewer 2.0 :pimp: :pimp:
Bill Self Offense :pimp: :pimp:
Silly guys in the thread :pimp: :pimp:

Love for everybody

Embiid had 6 points and 6 rebounds. Had some nice blocks but if I hear anybody say he's the closest thing they've seen to a young Hakeem in 25 years ever again....

Wiggins was being guarded by a 6'0 170 pound point guard all night and couldn't do anything besides turn the ball over and hit free throws til he hit 3 desperation three pointers in the last minute and a half. He also bricked a good 4 or 5 other WIDE open threes that Florida was letting him have.

And please stop with the BS LeBron being assertive in the NBA Finals years ago. Great he had a series in which he didn't take over and there's times where he doesn't look to take over with his scoring. But that's because he's one of the best creators and defenders in the entire league. He can go without scoring a single point and still have the biggest impact on a game. Wiggins can't and won't come even close to ever doing that. The only time he's really impacting the game at this point is with his scoring...and he's not even doing that at a very high level.

Being assertive isn't learned? Umm, please explain how it isn't cause I could think of tens of guys who became more assertive and blossomed on the court.

I'm really done with this subject though cause if you want to write off an 18 year old who can drift at times, well then forgive me for disagreeing with that. If I remember NBA superstar who had an issue with assertiveness in the NBA Finals not too long ago and I think he has largely turned out ok. But that's just me though.

The problem here is that it's not about writing him off, its about noticing that he has glaring weaknesses that need to acknowledged.

We talk about Bari not being athletically gifted and Randle not being able to go right to save his life... But when someone points out issues that they see potentially hindering "Ender" (where did this come from?) then all of a sudden its writing him off.

I told Nolan this on twitter yesterday, his lack of assertiveness is a cause for concern, especially for someone who is SUPPOSED TO BE THE MAN. There is a difference between letting the game come to you and just getting in where you fit in. He was more assertive down the stretch, I'm not sure if he demanded the ball or Self demanded that it goes to him but he made shots that they NEEDED which I can appreciate. But even still, that doesn't change the fact that for someone who is considered to be the most talented player on the floor his impact on the game leaves much to be desired. I'm not saying that this won't change, I'm just acknowledging that this is the case as of right now.

To say that a person is wrong for acknowledging areas of concern makes you either blind or a homer.

The problem here is that it's not about writing him off, its about noticing that he has glaring weaknesses that need to acknowledged.

We talk about Bari not being athletically gifted and Randle not being able to go right to save his life... But when someone points out issues that they see potentially hindering "Ender" (where did this come from?) then all of a sudden its writing him off.

I told Nolan this on twitter yesterday, his lack of assertiveness is a cause for concern, especially for someone who is SUPPOSED TO BE THE MAN. There is a difference between letting the game come to you and just getting in where you fit in. He was more assertive down the stretch, I'm not sure if he demanded the ball or Self demanded that it goes to him but he made shots that they NEEDED which I can appreciate. But even still, that doesn't change the fact that for someone who is considered to be the most talented player on the floor his impact on the game leaves much to be desired. I'm not saying that this won't change, I'm just acknowledging that this is the case as of right now.

To say that a person is wrong for acknowledging areas of concern makes you either blind or a homer.

but the thing i people are acting like this is a surprise or that EVERY SCOUTING report on him, including me and my alleged maple biases didn't say that. :lol:

I said Wiggins was the best prospect but would float through various games and that Jabar was going to win POY and FOY before the season started, but somehow im some incredible homer.

The ONLY people who "overhyped" him are people who don't pay attention to high school/college basketball recruiting...

andrew-wiggins-is-just-too-good-against-florida.gif

andrew-wiggins-awesome-play.png

"quiet"

Two strides from the 3 point line, :lol:

should took up his mamas sport, might have done work in 200m :lol:

Last edited:
but the thing i people are acting like this is a surprise or that EVERY SCOUTING report on him, including me and my alleged maple biases didn't say that.
laugh.gif

I said Wiggins was the best prospect but would float through various games and that Jabar was going to win POY and FOY before the season started, but somehow im some incredible homer.

The ONLY people who "overhyped" him are people who don't pay attention to high school/college basketball recruiting...
Yeah, if you've been following HS basetball, these criticicisms are far from new on Wiggins.

From draft.net 2 years ago: http://nbadraft.net/players/andrew-wiggins
Weaknesses: Despite having immense skill and athletic abilities for a player of his age, there are still several concerns from people who watch him with regularity ... Looks complacent at times on the court ... Inconsistent motor ... Needs to add more strength, though his body looks very good for a player his age, and this shouldn't be a problem in a few years ... Ball-handling ability is unrefined, but has a lot of potential ... Doesn't display a lot of toughness and isn't a very physical player ... He's been receiving a considerable amount of hype on a multi-national scale since he was 13 years of age, which can derail the development of a prospect as it can lead to him trying to be a big celebrity instead of a great basketball player

For me right now, draft wise.

1. Parker

2. Embiid

3. Wiggins

4. Smart

5. Randle 

I would be down for the SU/Johnnies game but a teacher is giving her final on Saturday at 5pm. Won't be able to make it in time. 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
LOL.

Whoever has the 5th pick can only hope that four idiots in a row are dumb enough to pass on Randle.

Wiggins was the only one hoopin for Kansas last night, showed some of why the scouts luv him....now he just needs a couple games like that in a row

andrew-wiggins-is-just-too-good-against-florida.gif

"quiet"

Two strides from the 3 point line, :lol:

should took up his mamas sport, might have done work in 200m :lol:

Levine from UCLA has more highlights displaying his athleticism than Wiggins does this year so what exactly was the point of showing ONE gif from a game you didn't even watch?

Is that one gif really supposed to be your defending argument? :lol:

I see more Dre in Embiid than Thabeet. Joel's already starting to maximize his rim protection a la Withey under Self. One game with 7 blocks. Had a nasty one against Florida last night. He's definitely improving defensively, and a bit offensively as well.

but the thing i people are acting like this is a surprise or that EVERY SCOUTING report on him, including me and my alleged maple biases didn't say that. :lol:

Osh you know I know that, I've read all of the reports and they are as accurate now as they were then.

My issue isn't with Drew, he can play he'll be fine, my issue is with people who say that you can't be concerned with it or that you are wrong for using that as a form of measuring him. His physical tools are there, is he going to put in the work on the rest of the areas that need to be refined. That's where we are right now, for the first time people who didn't follow him closely can see the areas in need of improvement and we want to see how he's going to develop. The average people have heard nothing but praise, so if you don't follow hs and then you're hearing this kid is the NEXT BEST THING in the same vein as LeBron and KD from every media outlet in the world it's natural for them to be skeptic after watching him through his first set of games. Their questions/skepticism are very valid especially when you look at what those guys he's being compared to/expected to follow on the path to greatness looked like at this stage of their career.

Personally I think the kid is going to be a great player, but I acknowledge that people have a right to be skeptical.

Side note: he looks like the Great Shep from Above the Rim right there :pimp:

Last edited:

Empooid a top 5 pick he'll have a career like Thabeet
Don't see it.

He is fluid and loose. Not stiff like Thabeet at all.

And can Randle shoot at all? I really haven't seen much UK this year where I can remember him knocking down jumpers.

Last edited:
Wow, I actually have off Sunday. On StubHub now for tickets.

AMP: Where you guys sitting?

Don't actually have ticks that's why I was asking if anyone was down to go, thought it could be a nice summit for the NYC heads. Let me know if your actually down, I don't mind buying the ticks as long as I have confirmation that people are def. going to come.

My issue isn't with Drew, he can play he'll be fine, my issue is with people who say that you can't be concerned with it or that you are wrong for using that as a form of measuring him. His physical tools are there, is he going to put in the work on the rest of the areas that need to be refined. That's where we are right now, for the first time people who didn't follow him closely can see the areas in need of improvement and we want to see how he's going to develop. The average people have heard nothing but praise, so if you don't follow hs and then you're hearing this kid is the NEXT BEST THING in the same vein as LeBron and KD from every media outlet in the world it's natural for them to be skeptic after watching him through his first set of games. Their questions/skepticism are very valid especially when you look at what those guys he's being compared to/expected to follow on the path to greatness looked like at this stage of their career.
For the development aspect, all we can do is wait. The areas of improvement are evident and no one has denied them. We all knew he wasn't KD or Bron from following him since he exploded on the scene the past 2 years. The kid can't compare who he's being compared too, but no one in their right mind expected him to have a KD/Beasley like season. Bari or Randle were much more likely to do so, and they are NOT. If the talent and potential besides the numbers isn't clear to people when watching then I don't know what to say. Same dudes already calling Levine a Top 10 pick and they just heard about him a week ago. Knee jerk reactions galore.

LOL.

Whoever has the 5th pick can only hope that four idiots in a row are dumb enough to pass on Randle.
I'm so low on randle. I mean I understand left hand guys favor their dominant hand much more than their right handed counterparts...but my God. This kid just refuses to even try to attempt a shot with his right hand. Not to mention his game is pretty sloppy and he has a tendacy to drift.

For the next level: Randle at the very least will have to develop range on the jumper like Dieng did in his last season at Louisville, even better would be if Randle can expand the range as far as Ibaka. Unlikely though, I know.

AMP: Let's round up the troops. I'll continue browsing tickets. Any preference for section/view and price?

For the next level: Randle at the very least will have to develop range on the jumper like Dieng did in his last season at Louisville, even better would be if Randle can expand the range as far as Ibaka. Unlikely though, I know.

AMP: Let's round up the troops. I'll continue browsing tickets. Any preference for section/view and price?

Randle has A LOT of Boseph in him... If he gets that 15-20 fter down he's going to be a LOAD to handle.

As much as y'all are talking about that is not what my issues are with Julius, I worry about him as a defender in the league.

Back
Top Bottom