The College Basketball Post

He played very well tonight. All over the court with small details. Seemed to feed off the vivacious crowd.

DFS was also clutch setting the tone offensively.

Hill is far from finding his form, understandable with the ankle. Could be a difference against Memphis. Guard play in that game is unreal like OK State's match-up with Memphis.

Walker won't be ready for that game. I think, I hope.

Since when do stats tell the whole picture? If you didn't watch the game then how can you even pop off like that? :lol:

He had another quiet 26 outside of 3 desperation 3's at the end of the 2nd half. He also had a bunch of idiotic turnovers, bone head plays, and large disappearing gaps. Let's ignore those though because "we didn't actually watch the game".

Dudes are reeeaaally going to great lengths to make something stick, as if y'all on the street team.

Same dudes saying this **** are the ones that aren't even watching his games.

Didn't hear a peep from one damn one of em all game while Wiggins was being a complete ghost other than turning the ball over.

Dead serious, either you guys seriously aren't watching any of his games or you're THAT scared to say anything bad about him incase he ends up being good in the NBA.

Last edited:
He played very well tonight. All over the court with small details. Seemed to feed off the vivacious crowd.

DFS was also clutch setting the tone offensively.

Hill is far from finding his form, understandable with the ankle. Could be a difference against Memphis. Guard play in that game is unreal like OK State's match-up with Memphis.

Walker won't be ready for that game. I think, I hope.

Hill was never a strong shooter but he looked good towards the end of his senior year in HS. I expect it to come along soon.

Scottie had so many key plays for us. Wiggins had me sweating at the end though. FTs gonna kill us. Good game, good win, and i got my bobblehead :pimp:

And Chris Walker won't play against Memphis, Billy already said as much.

To think that Va Tech should've had Green/DFS/Montrezl last season
laugh.gif

Im in Africa missing a lot of these games man, but yeah Embiid is da goods, got as a high a ceiling as anybody in the draft.

Nice to see Corey Brewer 2.0 getting all these "quiet" buckets :lol:

Last edited:
Joel :pimp:

Wiggins :pimp:

Maple Jordan :pimp: :pimp:
Break From Toronto :pimp:
Masai knows :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Corey Brewer 2.0 :pimp: :pimp:
Bill Self Offense :pimp: :pimp:
Silly guys in the thread :pimp: :pimp:

Love for everybody

Last edited:
Also Kevin Pangos climbing up tha all time Zag list, he should kill David Stockton in his sleep if he want to gt the zags back to the Final Four.

He worked with Steve Nash all summer, looked like he piked some of those, wrong foot, wrong hand finishes in the lane that Nash was so good at.

Last edited:
Pangos aka Young Canada :pimp: :pimp:

Real player, underrated since last year because of Olynyk, now because the Zags don't sit as highly ranked

Stockton trolling as a basketball player honesty, shouts to John making them donations and buying his son playing time, I guess he has more of his mom's DNA

Last edited:
I didn't get to see the KU/FLA game but it seems like no one ever talks about Scottie Wilbekin.

He's probably the most underrated 2 way guard on a top team. But I guess some of that has been his own doing.

Dead serious, either you guys seriously aren't watching any of his games or you're THAT scared to say anything bad about him incase he ends up being good in the NBA.

And what if some of us just see his tools as being obvious and his upside unlimited? I'm pretty sure I have a rough idea on where kids like Parker and Randle will tap out. I have no clue where that is with Wiggins. I'm not going to start to write off an 18 year old because what might appear to be aloofness from time to time. Nothing he's lacking that can't be grown into.

Last edited:
A "quiet" 26 and 11 as an 18 year old freshman and yall can't wait to jump on him :lol:

I was out last night and missed the game but if a kid is getting quietly getting those numbers, it arouses me to think what he can do when he learns to be more assertive.

Being assertive isn't learned though. Again, he will most likely be a solid pro but there's something to be said about his personality that could hold him back from being elite special. He's such a smooth player I like the way he glides. I think his floor is exceptional. There's no questioning that. Comparing him to Corey brewer and James white is really silly but I'm still not sold on him being the next big thing.

Also would temper my expectations of embiid. Another case of such a high ceiling but I don't know if he'll ever reach it. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he turned out to be one extreme or the other

Embiid has only been playing ball for 3 years, period. Dude has god given athleticism and looks like he belongs on the floor. I heard the other day on the cbs podcast that he watched a lot of Hakeem film and is tailoring his game after him. No chance in hell i'm sayin that kid is gonna be Hakeem like some of these analysts say is his ceiling but with KU's history of developing big guys and this guy's freakish ability/talent, not to mention the few dominant big men in the NBA I think he has a chance to be a top 5 center 4 years into the league.

He may be better off coming back next year but I don't see it happening. He's already being projected as the #2 pick in this draft by some people and the lowest I've seen is 7. If he came back he'd go 1 or 2 in the '15 draft

And that's exactly why id actually temper my expectations on embiid. He hasn't been playing for all that long. Commentators harp and slobber over the Hakeem comparison which I think is just foolish and excessive

Being assertive isn't learned? Umm, please explain how it isn't cause I could think of tens of guys who became more assertive and blossomed on the court.

I'm really done with this subject though cause if you want to write off an 18 year old who can drift at times, well then forgive me for disagreeing with that. If I remember NBA superstar who had an issue with assertiveness in the NBA Finals not too long ago and I think he has largely turned out ok. But that's just me though.

Embiid has only been playing ball for 3 years, period. Dude has god given athleticism and looks like he belongs on the floor. I heard the other day on the cbs podcast that he watched a lot of Hakeem film and is tailoring his game after him. No chance in hell i'm sayin that kid is gonna be Hakeem like some of these analysts say is his ceiling but with KU's history of developing big guys and this guy's freakish ability/talent, not to mention the few dominant big men in the NBA I think he has a chance to be a top 5 center 4 years into the league.

He may be better off coming back next year but I don't see it happening. He's already being projected as the #2 pick in this draft by some people and the lowest I've seen is 7. If he came back he'd go 1 or 2 in the '15 draft

Would love to see Joel back for a 2nd year. 35 more games of competitive basketball would do wonders for him.

He's gone though, along with every prominent freshman.

Anybody NYC heads interested in St. Johns vs. Cuse at the Garden Saturday? Thinking about a small little summit, hit me if your down.

A "quiet" 26 and 11 as an 18 year old freshman and yall can't wait to jump on him :lol:

theres no such thing as a quiet 26 & 11. none at all, kid is 9 games into his freshmen year.

i saw one move last night and im convinced he will shine in the league. kid caught it at half court 3 on 1. 3 dribbles and euro'd from the trey ball line and got to the rim and finished easy above the rim. euro'd from the trey ball line and finshed above the rim. the college game is too conjested for him. you get him in the L where the game is spaced out, and you on a island by yourself and have to stop him. its gonna be a long night for you.

Back
Top Bottom