The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

Kemba with an impressive 21 last night
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Im tellin yall,this kid is special. I been watchin him here in NY forthe last few years and he is a problem

If Nolan Dennis is using his head, he'll drop Memphis with the quickness and find himself somewhere that he can go play from Day 1...

Trying to find playing time on that perimeter ain't gonna be easy, especially if Tyreke stays in school another year...
so i'm watching Penn and Drexel...right now...
laugh.gif
I checked the schedule last night to see what would be on this morning, woke up and saw game was tipping off, and realized I was a half hourlate to class.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

ESPN serving as my internal clock.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

lnMyMind wrote:

I NaSmatic I wrote:

I know there's plenty of time for Evans to develop and improve his game, but does he really expect to be a first round pick next draft?

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
If Daequan Cook did it...I see no reason why Evans
couldn't

Cook has a much higher upside than Evans.
How does a 6'4 shooting guard have a higher ceiling than a 6'6 shooting guard with a 7'3 wingspan?

First, Tyreke Evans isn't 6'6. Daequan is much more athletic than Tyreke though and a better shooter. I'm really just not convinced with how Tyrekepans out long term in the NBA. We'll see though because Daequan really isn't progressing the way that I expected him to so far either, but it is onlythe 2nd year of his career.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

lnMyMind wrote:

I NaSmatic I wrote:

I know there's plenty of time for Evans to develop and improve his game, but does he really expect to be a first round pick next draft?

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
couldn't
How does a 6'4 shooting guard have a higher ceiling than a 6'6 shooting guard with a 7'3 wingspan?

First, Tyreke Evans isn't 6'6. Daequan is much more athletic than Tyreke though and a better shooter. I'm really just not convinced with how Tyreke pans out long term in the NBA. We'll see though because Daequan really isn't progressing the way that I expected him to so far either, but it is only the 2nd year of his career.
Not to get off topic, but Cook has been very impressive for the Heat this season...he's hitting his 3s and playing decent defense.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

lnMyMind wrote:

DaComeUP wrote:

lnMyMind wrote:

I NaSmatic I wrote:

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

couldn't

First, Tyreke Evans isn't 6'6. Daequan is much more athletic than Tyreke though and a better shooter. I'm really just not convinced with how Tyreke
pans out long term in the NBA. We'll see though because Daequan really isn't progressing the way that I expected him to so far either, but it is only
the 2nd year of his career.
Not to get off topic, but Cook has been very impressive for the Heat this season...he's hitting his 3s and playing decent defense.

That's true but my problem with him is that he's fallen in love with that 3 point shot, when he has the tools to be more than just a 3 point shooter.He game is more dynamic than that, but it seems like he shoots too many 3s. Back on topic though.

Patty Mills
pimp.gif

I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden everyone is hopping on the Kemba bandwagon? Up until a few years ago he was NYC's best kept secret. If youdidn't pay attention to HS hoops and Rice basketball you'd have no idea who he is.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden everyone is hopping on the Kemba bandwagon? Up until a few years ago he was NYC's best kept secret. If you didn't pay attention to HS hoops and Rice basketball you'd have no idea who he is.
indifferent.gif
Im hoping that wasnt directed towards me
laugh.gif
Was it???

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden everyone is hopping on the Kemba bandwagon? Up until a few years ago he was NYC's best kept secret. If you didn't pay attention to HS hoops and Rice basketball you'd have no idea who he is.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Was it???
Nah it wasn't. You said that you've been watching him for years. You would agree.

I have a feeling that Durand is going to Miami. Did Chris Fouch get in the Drexel game yet?

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Was it???
Nah it wasn't. You said that you've been watching him for years. You would agree.

I have a feeling that Durand is going to Miami. Did Chris Fouch get in the Drexel game yet?

Pretty much
laugh.gif
,but i expect that and u already know thats how it goes inS&T.Bandwagons get jumped on and off
laugh.gif

Dont be surprised if you see someone make a Kemba Walker is the greatest thread come midseason either
roll.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Xavier Henry will announce whether he's committing to Memphis or Kansas in a few hours.

In fact, it'll supposedly be at 8:45 a.m. ET.

According to our sources, the Memphis Tigers appear to be the choice.

Memphis has Henry's brother, C.J., on board this season and we're told the fact that Henry's mother - after a recent car accident involving Xavier - was in favor of her sons being together for college.
-%$*% YOU CAL....I really wanted Cheek to come to Nova, but now Self is going to give em the whole 40 acres....
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

-I didn't see the Uconn game, but judging by the responses I see Kemba had a decent game.
pimp.gif

-Nova with all 5 starters in double figures.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyB

I have a feeling that Durand is going to Miami.

Word? I was hoping that's where he'd end up. Keep him out of the BE, and definitely away from UCONN and Pitt.

Lazy B, you here anything else about our 2010 class? its shaping up nicely. ive heard that lamb won't qualify so were backing off him. right now we reallywant tobias and this kid carson from NE. We have a very outside shot at Taran Buie as he seems like a ND lean. Itd be great to get Tobias dude can straight upball.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Lazy B, you here anything else about our 2010 class? its shaping up nicely. ive heard that lamb won't qualify so were backing off him. right now we really want tobias and this kid carson from NE. We have a very outside shot at Taran Buie as he seems like a ND lean. Itd be great to get Tobias dude can straight up ball.
Duron? I figured that was why he went to Oak Hill. Even when he was in fourth grade his grades weren't all that good.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

but what did I miss and who won the UK/UNC game???
UK...go back to sleep.

Trust me I wish I could... I've gotten a combined 5 hours in the past 2 days
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I couldn't stay up last night... that memphis/umass game just didn't do it for me, especially with Tyreke playing like basura and the rest of that squad not being able to throw a brick in the ocean.

but what did I miss and who won the UK/UNC game???

tired.gif

just log off

Case in point why women should swallow.
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Was it???

Pretty much
laugh.gif
,but i expect that and u already know thats how it goes in S&T.Bandwagons get jumped on and off
laugh.gif

Dont be surprised if you see someone make a Kemba Walker is the greatest thread come midseason either
roll.gif
The crazy part is that Rice is always stacked as a team as well as CHSAA in general, so while these All-Americans are putting up 25 or so everygame, numbers like 18ppg 5ast gets overlooked cause its not
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Kemba really put his name on the map during his junior year at Rice leading into that summer as well. But if you don't follow Rice nor payattetion to AAU, then you would've neva knew. During any given game last year, Fouch/Scott/Walker could've led the team in scoring for that game. Likefor instance, Doron Lamb average about 21ppg as a sophomore while at Loughlin last year, so %#+* like that is just not fair but if u didn't live in NY, youwouldn't understand how numbers like that in the CHSAA are unheard of.

By the way Chris Fouch tore his ACL so he is out for the season

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Was it???

Pretty much
laugh.gif
,but i expect that and u already know thats how it goes in S&T.Bandwagons get jumped on and off
laugh.gif

roll.gif
The crazy part is that Rice is always stacked as a team as well as CHSAA in general, so while these All-Americans are putting up 25 or so every game, numbers like 18ppg 5ast gets overlooked cause its not
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Kemba really put his name on the map during his junior year at Rice leading into that summer as well. But if you don't follow Rice nor pay attetion to AAU, then you would've neva knew. During any given game last year
, Fouch/Scott/Walker could've led the team in scoring for that game. Like for instance, Doron Lamb average about 21ppg as a sophomore while at Loughlin last year, so %#+* like that is just not fair but if u didn't live in NY, you wouldn't understand how numbers like that in the CHSAA are unheard of.

By the way Chris Fouch tore his ACL so he is out for the season

EXACTLY...and its been that way for the last DECADE with Rice. Im just glad UConn didnt overlook him cause he is gonna be great.

I aint even know fouch tore his ACL...Messed up..

Back
Top Bottom